• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - every day health happiness-

Habits matter. If you’ve ever tried breaking a bad habit, you know all too well how engrained they are.

Well, good habits are deeply engrained, too. Why not work on making positive habits part of your routine?

Here’s a look at some daily, monthly, and yearly habits to help kickstart your quest. Just remember that everyone’s version of happiness is a little different, and so is their path to achieving it.

If some of these habits create added stress or just don’t fit your lifestyle, ditch them. With a little time and practice, you’ll figure out what does and doesn’t work for you.

How to Be Happy: 25 Habits to Help You Live a Happier Life

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Huge site -

Our brains are wired to pursue pleasure and avoid pain.

When we feel good, we have less resistance to what is. With less resistance, things tend to flow more effortlessly in everything we do.

When we’re in a smoother flow, our team can enter a better flow state too. Less conflict arise. Greater creativity, innovation, and collaboration occur. The more content and in flow you are, the more everyone around you will flow.

I haven’t seen any research studies on the topic yet, but my bet is that leaders who flow more often, outperform their peers.

Authentic Happiness: How to Increase It (Based on Positive Psychology)

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Effortless meditation -

Can Meditation be Effortless?

You may be surprised to hear that meditation should be effortless, that no striving or concentration is needed. I know I was. When I first became interested in meditation, I was repeatedly told that it took great mental discipline and many years of practice. Indian teachers had likened the mind to a wagonload of restless monkeys that needed to be tied down and kept quiet.

And my experience appeared to confirm it. My mind was full of thoughts, and try as I may, I could not keep them at bay. Like many others, I naturally assumed that I was not trying hard enough; I needed greater mental discipline, not less.

Effortless Meditation by Peter Russell (Part 3) - Stillness Speaks

Another rather large site!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A bit more reading this avo -

{Meditation self inquiry}

Meditation appreciate present moment

Meditation impermanence life {uncertain}

Look at all beings with eyes of compassion

Happiness focus on the negative

Well being resilience

Happiness practices gratitude

Pay attention joyful moments

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The benefits of practicing gratitude are nearly endless. People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they're thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune systems. And gratitude doesn't need to be reserved only for momentous occasions: Sure, you might express gratitude after receiving a promotion at work, but you can also be thankful for something as simple as a delicious piece of pie. Research by UC Davis psychologist Robert Emmons, author of Thanks!: How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier, shows that simply keeping a gratitude journal—regularly writing brief reflections on moments for which we’re thankful—can significantly increase well‑being and life satisfaction.

The Science Behind Gratitude (and How It Can Change Your Life)

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Journal prompts happiness

Mindfulness curiosity - already mentioned? - mindful.org has loads!

Thing explainer - a book or a site?

azquotes Aurelius - for Mum?

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For all of my followers :)

Your anger is like a flower. In the beginning you may not understand the nature of your anger, or why it has come up. But if you know how to embrace it with the energy of mindfulness, it will begin to open. You may be sitting, following your breathing, or you may be practicing walking meditation to generate the energy of mindfulness and embrace your anger. After ten or twenty minutes your anger will have to open herself to you, and suddenly, you will see the true nature of your anger. It may have arisen just because of a wrong perception or the lack of skillfulness.

700 QUOTES BY NHAT HANH [PAGE - 8] | A-Z Quotes

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That tennis I mentioned - first 3 points against serve! ...

Djokovic leads 4-2 after dropping first point on serve

Then 6-3 ... Federer has saved 5 set points! at 7-7 - serve and volley on second serve!

... 10-10 & saved another 2 set points! ...

Enjoy!