• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More of Tara Brach!

I found a few more quotes from Tara - you could browse this site for ages - they list several "similar" authors or click on topics at top of page ...

TOP 25 QUOTES BY TARA BRACH (of 173) | A-Z Quotes

Most of us need to be reminded that we are good, that we are lovable, that we belong. If we knew just how powerfully our thoughts, words, and actions affected the hearts of those around us, we'd reach out and join hands again and again. Our relationships have the potential to be a sacred refuge, a place of healing and awakening. With each person we meet, we can learn to look behind the mask and see the one who longs to love and be loved.

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ask someone what they want in life and chances are they’ll say something along the lines of “I want to be happy.” When you ask them why they aren’t happy, they can usually point out the causes of their discontent without hesitation: they work too much, make too little money, don’t feel motivated, sleep too little, sleep too much.

Read more -

The Practice and Habit of Happiness

Much more at that blog - yet to fully explore ...

Al the best!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness change habits thoughts - plus suggested?

You know how some people seem to be happy no matter what happens to them? They always have a positive outlook on life. They seem to enjoy things more than you and me, and their relationships with people thrive in a way that we only imagine.

You’ve probably wondered what it is about them that makes happiness so easy for them. Well, it turns out there is no special trick to happiness. Just like anything else, it’s just something that we have to learn to make a habit.

Incorporate the following 13 habits of happiness into your routine and you’ll start to experience joy in your everyday life:

13 Simple Habits of Happiness To Change Your Outlook on Life

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Make happiness a habit

How would you like to make happiness a daily habit instead of letting it be a product of chance?

For many of us, happiness is a result of some external circumstance, but it doesn’t have to be. The 17 methods listed below will put the power back in your hands. They will give you the means to choose happiness when and where you want. The best part is that all of them are validated by the expertise of psychologists, neuroscientists or experts in the field of developing the human potential. Every single method has been tried, tested and proven to produce the results you are looking for.

https://www.purposefairy.com/66006/17-surprising-ways-to-cultivate-happiness-as-a-habit/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Things happy people do differently

How happy are you and why? This is a question I spend a fair amount of time thinking about, not only as it applies to my own levels of happiness, but also as it applies to my family, friends, and the people who I work with.

Since graduating with my Master’s degree in positive psychology, I’ve worked with and observed thousands of people in a wide variety of settings, and happy people just flow with the groove of life in a unique way. Here is what they do differently:

10 Things Happy People Do Differently

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness change your outlook - leads to ...

Tiny Buddha improve your life!

These 6 questions changed my life forever. They will also change your life forever by allowing you to find your true self, and in doing so, discover why you’ve been born into this great world.

I’m not talking about the “self’” that others demand you to be or the self that acts a certain way to fit in and conform with what society accepts. I’m talking about the true you—the you who wants to authentically express your special and unique qualities to the world.

By answering these questions you will discover your unique passions, strengths, values, desires, and motivations, which are all yearning for your expression.

6 Powerful Questions That Will Change Your Life Forever

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Purpose fairly happiness - several?

For example:

Most people have not realized that once an upsetting problem is solved, it is common for them to just be equally upset about a new problem within a few days – or even a few minutes. When humans invent new devices or technologies to solve a problem, all it does is rearrange the world to the way we want it to be.

But will there ever be a time when an invention is made, and we finally cease to have another problem with the world?

https://www.purposefairy.com/90315/7-unique-happiness-hacks-to-experience-immediate-joy/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Even more from recent emails & reading -

Happy thoughts?

Tiny Buddha positive thinking

Tiny Buddha self improvement

Tiny Buddha accept yourself

Tiny Buddha appreciation

Tiny Buddha difficult people

Tiny Buddha faith in humanity - for kind thread?

Happiness looking for the good in people

Ego traps happiness

Reflective writing

Igloo books!?

Another fine collection of random thoughts - for my latest?

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
{Tiny Buddha} People Are Just Doing Their Best -

This understanding gave me such peace and even empathy, and it freed me from my youthful anger and resentment toward them. Nevertheless, it was only years later when I had my own spiritual awakening that I fully understood the implications, universal applicability, and power of this lesson.

But the truth is that you’ll never know most people that well, and even if you did, you may never even think you understand the ways in which they’ve been damaged. Some of the most unfortunate people are against all circumstances among the most joyful, while many of the wealthiest and most popular celebrities are miserable and lead tumultuous lives.

The mind and the ego are capable of creating their own narratives, which their hosts typically completely identify with. We can never fully understand, but that’s just it—people themselves are rarely aware of their reasons for doing what they do and feeling what they feel.

A Most Difficult Lesson: People Are Just Doing Their Best - Tiny Buddha

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - azquotes relationships?

A relationship means you come together to make each other better. It’s not all about you, and it’s not all about them. Its all about the relationship.
Support them in their dreams/vision just as much as you would expect them to support you. Make each other better. Challenge each other to go beyond average. Pull out the greatness from within each other.

Make sure they can find their biggest fan in you, and you can find yours in them.

Trent Shelton Quote

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Your light is seen, your heart is known, your soul is cherished by more people than you might imagine. If you knew how many others have been touched in wonderful ways by you, you would be astonished. If you knew how many people feel so much for you, you would be shocked. You are far more wonderful than you think you are. Rest with that. Rest easy with that. Breathe again. You are doing fine. More than fine. Better than fine. You’re doin’ great. So relax. And love yourself today.

TOP 25 QUOTES BY NEALE DONALD WALSCH (of 738) | A-Z Quotes

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Negative thoughts drain you of energy and keep you from being in the present moment. The more you give in to your negative thoughts, the stronger they become. I like the imagery of a small ball rolling along the ground, and as it rolls, it becomes bigger and faster.

That’s what one small negative thought can turn into: a huge, speeding ball of ugliness. On the contrary, a small positive thought can have the same effect blossoming into a beautiful outcome.

I’d like to share with you an example of how one small thought can turn into a very negative experience.

10 Tips to Overcome Negative Thoughts: Positive Thinking Made Easy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Youtube Minogue (Spinning around)

Inner disarmament (Dalai Lama)

Ego traps happiness - a few! - exploring your mind

Positive psychology love yourself

(Tiny Buddha) happiness feeling overwhelmed

Happiness skills (Ricard?)

Ego sabotage happiness - oh my - several .... remind me to explore a bit more!!

Spiritual happiness - Includes that book -

SECRETS OF SPIRITUAL HAPPINESS: Defining Happiness

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
On one occasion two and a half millenia ago, the Buddha was walking alone through a forest in India when a bandit who had killed nine hundred and ninety-nine people chased him at top-speed. Even though the Buddha was walking at his normal pace, the bandit could not catch up with him. Intrigued and amazed at this phenomenon, the bandit cried out: “Stop, recluse. Stop, recluse.”

The Buddha replied, “I have stopped, Angulimala. Now you stop too.”

What had the Buddha stopped that he wanted the serial killer to stop? And what can we also stop? The Buddha wanted us to stop – not just suicide and homicide. He wanted us to stop killing the goodness in ourselves and others through our violent and destructive thoughts and emotions.

Inner Disarmament – Sati Saraniya Hermitage

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What makes you… YOU?

Silly question right? But think about it…

If you lost all of your memories, would you still be you?

What about your senses?

Mental faculties?

Most of us take the question of ‘Who Am I?’ for granted, but thanks to the questioning nature of philosophers and psychologists we are closer than ever to getting to grips with the elusive answer.

In this post you’ll discover 5 mind bending ideas that will make you question if there’s even a ‘you’ to be questioned.

So buckle up, your ego is in for a bumpy ride!

5 Ego Destroying Concepts That Prove There is No "You" After All

Loads at that site!

Cheers!