• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Even before the unprecedented and heavy-handed response to COVID-19, the world had its fair share of issues. There are a number of things negatively affecting the environment, which is the one habitable place we have to live. There were countless shadow aspects, such as child trafficking, that continue to wound and traumatize some of the most vulnerable, innocent, and impressionable among us. There’s a million and one issues that humanity is dealing with, that all need attention in some way. We can’t just focus on one issue and ignore the rest. It’s too late to kick the can down the road. Altogether, everything coming together as a “perfect storm” that threatens to jeopardize the ability for humans to continue existing entirely.

The Only Way for Humanity to Survive What's Happening

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Learning how to self-soothe is an important skill, and I spent about thirty years trying to figure out how to do that. Over the years, I have learned some tools, such as having a sense of humor—usually self-deprecating—doing many years of therapy myself, learning self-compassion, and finding one or two really good friends I could trust with my stories. Yet, deep down, there is still this tug, this pull, and anxious stir that reminds me that I may not be all that.

I have learned not to seek reassurance from others as I used to do during my teen years and early twenties, through alcohol, sex, and unstable relationships. As I got older I found a stable partner. I was married for eighteen years, and many of these years were very happy and fulfilling.

Let’s Get Real: Why I’m Done Pretending to Have It All Together - Tiny Buddha

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Did you know that virtually every emotional wound is intertwined with issues of worthiness? In fact, feelings of unworthiness keep us from creating the lives we most desire. In order to heal our emotional wounds and consciously create, we must conquer our fears of unworthiness, but in order to do this, we must first understand why we are programmed to feel unworthy.

Worthiness – a Key to Emotional Healing

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - happiness feel unworthy -

Do you want to be self-confident and positive about your future? Inside many of us is a sense that we don’t deserve these good things and instead that we are supposed to suffer. This feeling isn’t necessarily a specific thought like, “I don’t deserve to do something that will make me feel better about myself.” But rather it’s the question, “What makes me think I deserve good things?” As one woman recently wrote on my Facebook page, “That’s how I feel about a lot of things, for example losing weight—I somehow feel I don’t deserve to be healthy and fit. I’m not worth the effort.”

How to Finally Feel Good Enough to Deserve Better

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Radical acceptance" means completely and totally accepting something from the depths of your soul, with your heart and your mind. You stop fighting reality. When you stop fighting, you suffer less. That means you don't feel hot anger in your stomach whenever you see the person who got the promotion you deserved, and you don't seethe with resentment when you see your best friend, who is now dating
your ex-boyfriend. You accept what is, learn, and go forward.

Radical acceptance is easier to understand than it is to practice. There are many obstacles to giving up the suffering of resentments and anger toward others, toward God, or toward the world in general.

Three Blocks to Radical Acceptance

Another great blog!

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from recent emails -

Happiness imperfection

Kindness in schools - YouTube?

Kindness bullying

Happiness and its causes - Youtube!

Happiness frequently asked questions

Enjoy your browsing ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to increase your happiness

Smiling—even if it's a “fake” smile—can help improve your mood. That's because our brains are hardwired to associate the activation of the face's “smile muscles” with actual happiness. When you turn up the corners of your mouth your brain physiology will change and you'll automatically feel better, say researchers at DePauw University. Unhappy? Grin (even if you have to hold a pen between your teeth) and feel your bad mood slide away.

The 7 Most Powerful Ways to Boost Your Happiness Right Now

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness Resources - first one -

Dr Happy | Resources

As Chief Happiness Officer of The Happiness Institute, I’m often asked a range of questions about happiness, what it is, and how we can all enjoy more of it. Here are some answers to some of the more common questions.

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha embrace who you are

She was trying to help me see myself the way she saw me—as someone smart, capable, and full of potential. I wasn’t buying it.

I’d been pretending for so long to be a better person than I really believed myself to be. I thought any positive thing another person said about me was just an indication that she was fooled by my illusion. If she could see who I really was, she’d change her mind about me.

I was tired of trying to convince her that I wasn’t actually as good as I’d been pretending to be. In desperation I finally asked the question I thought would end the conversation. Tears streamed down my face and the muscles in my chest squeezed so tightly that I could hardly choke out the words, “Do you have any idea how much I hate myself?”

“Yes,” she said, “I do.”

Accept and Value Yourself: 11 Ways to Embrace Who You Are - Tiny Buddha

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from my InBox -

Most popular happiness blogs

Eckhart - az - Youtube? - you forget! - search for Tolle ego happiness?

Positive psychology love yourself

I thought I had scribbled down a little more ... :)