• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarifications on Christianity

Brian2

Veteran Member
It bugs me when Christians do this, and it bugs me more when they realize they are doing it, but do it anyhow. Seeing "something more" in the text than what is plainly there is a big like seeing bunny rabbits and castles in the clouds.

Well if you think that David is going to rule of God's people forever and not the Messiah OK (Ezek 37)
Or is you think that Hezekiah is going to reign on Davids throne forever OK (Isa 9:7)
Or is you think that David is going to inherit the nations and rule them with other kings "kissing" him (worshipping him) OK (Psalm 2)
Or if you think that David is going to be appointed "firstborn" higher than the kings of the earth OK (Ps 89:26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father,
my God, the Rock my Savior.’
27 And I will appoint him to be my firstborn,
the most exalted of the kings of the earth.)
If you think that Israel is going is going to bring back Jacob and be a light for the nations and bring salvation to the gentiles OK.
Those verses are obviously not about the Messiah the Son of God who is rejected by the Jews but brings salvation to the gentiles and will rule forever on the throne of David.