• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Civil War: Southerners remember Confederate president

Truth Beyond

Celebratory of the civil war or the right to keep slaves? There are blacks right now who wear the southern grey, I think of course they are mad because they are supporting a ideology which would make them live in not a house but a barn, if I supported such a thing I would do it for theses reasons: to get motorcycles money , women, property and such likes which would not be the reason a black would support the old southern ideology. So this would be a predominantly white showing? Ha ha.
It confuses me? the southern ideology did not allow the blacks which was once called the negro, to own land, was not allowed to read or own books and the word No to a white man was and still is in many places not allowed to be spoken to the white man in certain scenarios. Sometime ago purchased a copy of Black Southerners In The Confederate Army, this was a book packed with accounts of slaves who stood with their masters until last moment of death during the civil war, account after account of negro slaves who stayed with their slave masters until the dying end, what got me was in a great many accounts the slave master gave his freedom to his slave as he died, but the thing is in all these cases the civil war had all but been won to the Union army which meant that each slave would receive his freedom as well as a monthly amount and a small house with small plot of land as well as given a voice through the emancipation proclamation but here we have a slave master giving freedom to a man who had had an army already free him, so why would a black wish to follow this ideology? Then to worsen things and add nirvana to the scenario we have the story of Kit Carson there where hundreds of confederates like Kit Carson well before the civil war who hated the red skins / the Indians, or in the insulting case the Red Skinned Savage as they were called. It was Kit’s Carson’s job to see the Amerind man of the reservations resettled well but instead he led them to arid land and gave them rancid meat to feed on, parasite infested blankets to sleep on, cyphering of most of the money that was given to the Indian,. Then there was the dead babies incident and dead old tribes members incident all the work of Kit Carson who was responsible for parasite ridden food and leading to many deaths as he secretly wanted to get rid of the red Indians, yep real confederate story that from the Book entitled The Story Of The Navaho, unfortunately now out of print but it still can be found.
In truth I have no place with black thing , I am a Pagan who prays to the gods of creation, life and death , the great god Quetzalcoatl and the god of the hunt that I snare for Mixcoatl, so I have no business with all that blackness however I would not trust any confederate supporter to any great lengths as far as I could throw a stone, I think this ideology of confederacy now have become a arrested development? an interesting thing the remains of a wars, has anyone read about the Southern Poverty Law. The aftermath of war created to be bound to civil law, chuckle chuckle.

Last edited:

Rakhel

I find it funny that people would even begin to find it funny what they think is going through a person's mind when they haven't the foggiest what is going through their own.

Actually to celebrate ancestry of that kind is also valuing what they did so they may indirectly value what their ancestors did which was slavery

Celebratory of the civil war or the right to keep slaves? There are blacks right now who wear the southern grey, I think of course they are mad because they are supporting a ideology which would make them live in not a house but a barn, if I supported such a thing I would do it for theses reasons: to get motorcycles money , women, property and such likes which would not be the reason a black would support the old southern ideology. So this would be a predominantly white showing? Ha ha.
It confuses me? the southern ideology did not allow the blacks which was once called the negro, to own land, was not allowed to read or own books and the word No to a white man was and still is in many places not allowed to be spoken to the white man in certain scenarios. Sometime ago purchased a copy of Black Southerners In The Confederate Army, this was a book packed with accounts of slaves who stood with their masters until last moment of death during the civil war, account after account of negro slaves who stayed with their slave masters until the dying end, what got me was in a great many accounts the slave master gave his freedom to his slave as he died, but the thing is in all these cases the civil war had all but been won to the Union army which meant that each slave would receive his freedom as well as a monthly amount and a small house with small plot of land as well as given a voice through the emancipation proclamation but here we have a slave master giving freedom to a man who had had an army already free him, so why would a black wish to follow this ideology? Then to worsen things and add nirvana to the scenario we have the story of Kit Carson there where hundreds of confederates like Kit Carson well before the civil war who hated the red skins / the Indians, or in the insulting case the Red Skinned Savage as they were called. It was Kit’s Carson’s job to see the Amerind man of the reservations resettled well but instead he led them to arid land and gave them rancid meat to feed on, parasite infested blankets to sleep on, cyphering of most of the money that was given to the Indian,. Then there was the dead babies incident and dead old tribes members incident all the work of Kit Carson who was responsible for parasite ridden food and leading to many deaths as he secretly wanted to get rid of the red Indians, yep real confederate story that from the Book entitled The Story Of The Navaho, unfortunately now out of print but it still can be found.
In truth I have no place with black thing , I am a Pagan who prays to the gods of creation, life and death , the great god Quetzalcoatl and the god of the hunt that I snare for Mixcoatl, so I have no business with all that blackness however I would not trust any confederate supporter to any great lengths as far as I could throw a stone, I think this ideology of confederacy now have become a arrested development? an interesting thing the remains of a wars, has anyone read about the Southern Poverty Law. The aftermath of war created to be bound to civil law, chuckle chuckle.

Wow now you're the worse at block paragraphs. Man I thought my writing in english was bad

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually to celebrate ancestry of that kind is also valuing what they did so they may indirectly value what their ancestors did which was slavery
So that means that if we Northerners value our ancestry, we "may indirectly value"
segregation, the KKK, Japanese internment in WW2, war atrocities, etc, etc.

evane123

On Saturday, a group will gather in Alabama to mark the 150th anniversary of the inauguration of the first president of the Confederacy, 11 Southern slave states that left the US in 1860 and 1861. They say they are honouring their ancestors and their heritage but, as the BBC's Daniel Nasaw reports, critics view the group as celebrating slavery.

BBC News - Civil War: Southerners remember Confederate president

what do you think?
I think the civil war explains in code that the people fighting the war were slaves. I think the idea is to deter people from taking commands. I think looking at what happened to black people after the civil war is important. I think they did not get the killed whites plantations. I think they did not get the chance to be self seficant. I think instead of using slaves to deal with crops that they decided to move the slaves around and did not want rebellion so they said they were free. I think people were able to use slaves including the north in there factories with less worry that the blacks would attack. I think the civil war was not about ending slavery. I think the civil war was a step in international politics to maybe stop slavery.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Most of my southern ancestors never owned a slave in their lives. They were poor dirt farmers. I do have some ancestors who did own slaves, but interestingly enough, the one I know about in particular freed his slaves in his will.

The busiest ports for ships and owners selling slaves were located north of the Mason Dixon line.

And keep in mind that while the South had slaves, the North had child labor in coal mines and factories. In the coal mines, some children literally didn't see daylight for months at a time, and worked in the most wretched conditions imaginable.

In the 17th thru 19th century, it was a common practice to literally knock some guy over the head in a tavern, haul him to your ship, and force him to work, in terrible and very dangerous conditions, on that ship for years. In fact, the death rate for ship crews on slave ships was actually higher than that of the slaves. The reason? Slaves actually had monetary value, while a member of the crew (not officers, but simple crew members) had very little value in the eyes of the captain or ship owners.

And no women anywhere - North or South - had the right to vote, or work for a fair wage, or any other number if rights equal to those of men.

Slavery has a broader meaning than simply the situation in the Southern states. I'm not condoning slavery in any form or fashion - just putting a bit of perspective on the issue.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Kathryn, you so miss the point. (What am I going to do with you?!?)
Northerners love to feel superior to those ignorant inbred Southerners.
Making it all about slavery (a matter in which the North is an innocent lamb) simplifies the process.

Archer

Well I covered most of this thread and cant remember most of it so forgive me if I repeat anything that had been said.

The primary cause of the civil war was economics.

The flag was a battle flag to differentiate the Confederate Army from the Union Army.

Today many Americans are in economic slavery (Black and White). I have worked for union and non-union and the fact is Massa is still there. Yassa Boss goes on every day.

I also wear a Confederate Battle Flag on my jacket. It is not; and has been about black and white. Wrong and right are the issues. I don't like the way those in power (political, social and economic) have enslaved the minds of people around the world.

You think you are free? Ware a hat into a court room and refuse to take it off. When a police office asks you where you are headed tell him it is none of his business and see what happens.

Is what we have today better than slavery of the 19th century? Yes but is is not freedom.

It isn't about economics when I look at your history. I don't know so much about the North and South. I only understand that human beings enslaved other humans. It was apart of the culture and as I understand that the Souther Flag is a symbolic representation. You, your parents all the way back to your ancestors don't have to own slaves, but to honor that tradition is to honor the culture that condoned it at the time.

As far as economic slavery perhaps you are referring to economic determinism rather than calling it slavery. Like many of you Americans, all the races of people didn't start out in a balanced situation in the first place. Their economic standing was determined by another.

Archer

It isn't about economics when I look at your history. I don't know so much about the North and South. I only understand that human beings enslaved other humans. It was apart of the culture and as I understand that the Souther Flag is a symbolic representation. You, your parents all the way back to your ancestors don't have to own slaves, but to honor that tradition is to honor the culture that condoned it at the time.

As far as economic slavery perhaps you are referring to economic determinism rather than calling it slavery. Like many of you Americans, all the races of people didn't start out in a balanced situation in the first place. Their economic standing was determined by another.

And that is the history that you look at is written by the victors (As it always is).

Slavery became part of the issue during the first half of the war and did become a driving force for some in the end.

My family came from the North. I have no generational history in the south other than myself and my ancestors (many of them) were killed off, kicked off of their lane, enslaved and put on reservations. I (being an American) have seen doth sides of this issue and have studied it. You are only partly correct.

Some slaves were actually seen as workers. Some had hospitals and doctors. Some had as much freedom as they could be given. No it was not good but it was not all barbaric. It also ended (that form anyway) unlike the slave trade in Africa today of which the Arab men play a part in buying children as sex toys.