• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

City Rhythm

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
My first week living downtown, I'm starting to recognize regularities within the city. Having worked here for sometime, faces were already becoming familiar. I'm still searching for a smoke shop, and can't get a haircut for less than $35.00, but the beauty of living here is that I am just blocks from the transit hub, so the whole city is available and within my reach.

pexels-tabitha-mort-432361.jpg
Photo by Tabitha Mort from Pexels

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My first week living downtown, I'm starting to recognize regularities within the city. Having worked here for sometime, faces were already becoming familiar. I'm still searching for a smoke shop, and can't get a haircut for less than $35.00, but the beauty of living here is that I am just blocks from the transit hub, so the whole city is available and within my reach.

View attachment 49344
Photo by Tabitha Mort from Pexels

Only $35 for a haircut?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I can get one for $12.00 in the outer SE neighborhood where I once lived--a couple of Asian women who have been cutting my hair for years. Looks like I will be catching the light rail to see them again.

Mine cost €135 every 6 weeks...

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
It takes money to impress a man... And you/they would have it no other way
I prefer natural beauty, personally. But everyone needs a haircut every now and then. I just think women get robbed for their desire to be more attractive. Some men fall victim too.

PureX

Veteran Member
Which city?

I lived in the inner city of Chicago for 23 years, and liked it a lot. In the early days I visited friends in New York city regularly, and I don't think I would have like living there nearly as much. Cities have personalities, and I think we have to find the right match for us.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Which city?

I lived in the inner city of Chicago for 23 years, and liked it a lot. In the early days I visited friends in New York city regularly, and I don't think I would have like living there nearly as much. Cities have personalities, and I think we have to find the right match for us.
I have lived in this city most of my life, but always in the suburbs, never downtown. When I started my recent job downtown I was paying $200+ a month for parking, would need leave early for the commute, and spent more money buying coffee and food along the way. Now I have a five minute walk from my apartment to my work. There is plenty of extra time to sleep and make coffee and breakfast if I so choose.