• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cia, iraqi death squads, what is going on?

almifkhar

EU states warned over CIA prisons?

http://new.ft.com/cms/s/7a471a9a-6025-11da-a3a6-0000779e2340.html

ah the death squads return, and yet again american government is smack in the middle of it.

www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-death29nov29,0,2153825.story

what is going on???? we got the cia involved in transporting "evil" iraqi and afghans to god only knows where and to do god only knows what to them. perhaps i am wrong, but does this not remind you of the treatment of all the people the nazis disliked?

the "police force" in iraq, the article says that u.s. officials claim that this is nothing like the death squads of latin america, but i beg to differ. the picture that this article describes is excatly like what was going on in latin america. the only difference is that this article did not mention the killings of street kids.

i know am not suprised in the ruthlessness of these men who dictate how these people are to be treated, but what i am suprised of is that these same men and woman seemed to have learned nothing from history. my questions to my friends here on rf are.....
1. what is your take on these two articles?
2. when the world finally says enough is enough with these kinds of policies, what do you think will be the end result for the american and british governments?
3. does this seem to you like a repeat of history's darkest hours of mass murder?

Nehustan

1. what is your take on these two articles?

Haven't read them sorry :sarcastic

2. when the world finally says enough is enough with these kinds of policies, what do you think will be the end result for the american and british governments?

Not that much for the USA as they don't recognise the legitimacy of the ICC.

3. does this seem to you like a repeat of history's darkest hours of mass murder?

Hilter didn't quite have nukes when he threatened 'scorched earth'...for God's sake
just keep George W away from a bunker!!!!!!

The Black Whirlwind

i'd expect the shiites would be killing the Iraqi Sunni's, they were subjugated for years under an oppressive Sunni muslim, Hussein, and the Sunni's were the dominant minority. There is, of course, some deep-seeded hatred on the part of the Shiites.

the other link didn't work.

almifkhar

sorry the other link didn't work for you. i got it on a pretty good site called the rational enquirer. it was under the heading

eu states warned over cia prisons. it was right up on the top of the list of news stories.

see the death squad thing alarms me because we are there "policing" iraq. if this kind of thing is going on than we obviously are not doing our job.

The Black Whirlwind

yes, if there are deathsquads going out and murdering people, that reflects quite badly on the military and country as a whole. I certainly hope our boys and girls out there aren't doing that sort of thing.