• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians, why did god decide to have animals affected by the sin of Adam & Eve?

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
But he wasn't Jewish. He was Judaic. One should know the difference between ancestry, nationality, and religion.

I already know I'm right. You might as well just save it.
Well you're wrong.
Now the question becomes, are you mature enough to face it?

"Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the He-brews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless." (Philippians 3:5-6)

What did it mean to be "a Hebrew of the Hebrews"? Hebrews was a specialized term that referred to Jews who spoke Aramaic and worshiped at Hebrew-speaking congregations, as opposed to Hellenists who spoke and worshiped in Greek. A Hebrew of the Hebrews indicates an Aramaic-speaking, observant Jew whose parents were also Hebrews. Hebrews outside the land in places such as Tarsus-a city located in what today is Turkey-were immigrants who kept the more observant lifestyle of their place of origin. 2

Paul also wrote: "I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city [Jerusalem] at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers' law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today." (Acts 22:3)
Paul was educated at the feet of one of the most eminent Pharisaic rabbis of his time. In those days, leading rabbis headed schools in which they taught their perspectives and views to disciples. Gamaliel either succeeded the famous Hillel as head of the school of Hillel or headed his own school. 3 He sat on the Sanhedrin, the Supreme Court of ancient Israel, and had a reputation of great piety. The Mishnah 4 states: "When Rabban Gamaliel the Elder died, the glory of the Law ceased and purity and separateness died." The Pharisees were the separated ones. This accolade was tantamount to saying that Gamaliel was the last, and perhaps the best, exemplar of Pharisaism.

How Jewish Was Paul? (Jews For Jesus)

In his letter to the Romans, Paul described his anguish over the disbelief of many fellow Jews: "I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh." (Romans 9:2,3)
Priority of Jewishness (Jews For Jesus)

Sum1sGruj

nice shootin' tex...now try it with out the blinders....

He was a Jew religiously.

So that hurts your idea of Jesus pertaining only to Jews. It's really about who believes in God. If you say Jesus is a bigot, then you have to say God, Jews, Muslims, and people of all Abrahamic beliefs are bigots.
Because atheists are just the paragon of integrity, no?
:D

I knew what it was really about as soon as the debate started.

Really, one would think that a religious site is about exploring, not throwing heresy and contempt. That is what this has amounted to for like, no reason.
The Kingdom of Judah was not exclusive with Judah alone. Benjamites were not descendants of Judah, though they shared nationality, which therefore made them a tribe of Isreal. Benjamites were Judaic, but they were not Jews in ancestry.
History. Learn it.

Last edited:

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
good, good sherlock...

is this all you can bring to the table?

"The Messiah would set up the Kingdom of God on earth with Israel as the guiding light of the nations." Isaiah 2:1-5

Waitasec, I think it helps to realize that Yeshu/Joshua first came to minister unto the children of the house of Israel. The Jews. When the Jews rejected him and called him blasphemer, he and his disciples then decided to minister unto the Gentiles. Who were considered Gentiles or Goy by the Jews. As in, pagans, heathens, non-Jews.

It's tragic when anyone makes note of the passages in the Christians Bible that originated with the 5 books of Moshe/Moses, the Septuagint, derived from the Hebrew texts so as to be formulated into what many Jews miss as the "Judeo"-Christian faith.
The problem of bigotry is, when real history is spoken of and in writing, despite that fact that not one single author of the good news (Gospels) ever knew Yeshu, they're called anti-Semetic.
When Yeshua first came solely to save the Jews, and that is indeed bigotry by definition being God incarnate but thus only the God of Israel, it's denigrated, this truth, and still one is called "anti-Semitic" .
It's an obscene racist cudgel that's been allowed to be wielded for generations. The Victim mentality that plagues a people, the Jews, who attack anyone who notes the real history of their race, their religion, and even the Holocaust wherein the Roma were more persecuted than they. And in so doing the truth is obscured by one vile verbal assault; anti-Semitic.
And that word is suppose to take truth away to the dark confines where it's paid no attention to, because it as spoken by those who know it, are discounted by word alone.
Rome executed Yeshu, because the Jews who were enslaved to the authority were not lawfully permitted to proceed with their capital punishment for blasphemy, that was deemed the offense of Yeshua and his companions. All of which were hanged, i.e. crucified, on the eve of passover per the Talmud.

Here is what is written in Baraitha Bab. Sanhedrin 43a, probably second century:
On the eve of Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Any one who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf." But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the eve of the Passover! - Ulla retorted: Do you suppose that he was one for whom a defence could be made? Was he not a _Mesith_ [enticer], concerning him Scripture says, _Neither shalt though spare, neither shalt thou conceal him?_ With Yeshu however it was different, for he was connected with the government for royalty [i.e., influential]. Our Rabbis taught: Yeshu had five disciples, Matthai, Nakai, Nezer, Buni, and Todah. (SOURCE)

You'll never get through to someone who already imagines you are not worthy of their respect, but ironically enough you are worthy of their abuse.

Which dear waitasec, speaks worse of them than they could ever hope their contempt is permitted to affect you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by a moderator:

waitasec

Veteran Member
"The Messiah would set up the Kingdom of God on earth with Israel as the guiding light of the nations." Isaiah 2:1-5

Waitasec, I think it helps to realize that Yeshu/Joshua first came to minister unto the children of the house of Israel. The Jews. When the Jews rejected him and called him blasphemer, he and his disciples then decided to minister unto the Gentiles. Who were considered Gentiles or Goy by the Jews. As in, pagans, heathens, non-Jews.

It's tragic when anyone makes note of the passages in the Christians Bible that originated with the 5 books of Moshe/Moses, the Septuagint, derived from the Hebrew texts so as to be formulated into what many Jews miss as the "Judeo"-Christian faith.
The problem of bigotry is, when real history is spoken of and in writing, despite that fact that not one single author of the good news (Gospels) ever knew Yeshu, they're called anti-Semetic.
When Yeshua first came solely to save the Jews, and that is indeed bigotry by definition being God incarnate but thus only the God of Israel, it's denigrated, this truth, and still one is called "anti-Semitic" .
It's an obscene racist cudgel that's been allowed to be wielded for generations. The Victim mentality that plagues a people, the Jews, who attack anyone who notes the real history of their race, their religion, and even the Holocaust wherein the Roma were more persecuted than they. And in so doing the truth is obscured by one vile verbal assault; anti-Semitic.
And that word is suppose to take truth away to the dark confines where it's paid no attention to, because it as spoken by those who know it, are discounted by word alone.
Rome executed Yeshu, because the Jews who were enslaved to the authority were not lawfully permitted to proceed with their capital punishment for blasphemy, that was deemed the offense of Yeshua and his companions. All of which were hanged, i.e. crucified, on the eve of passover per the Talmud.

Here is what is written in Baraitha Bab. Sanhedrin 43a, probably second century:
On the eve of Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Any one who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf." But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the eve of the Passover! - Ulla retorted: Do you suppose that he was one for whom a defence could be made? Was he not a _Mesith_ [enticer], concerning him Scripture says, _Neither shalt though spare, neither shalt thou conceal him?_ With Yeshu however it was different, for he was connected with the government for royalty [i.e., influential]. Our Rabbis taught: Yeshu had five disciples, Matthai, Nakai, Nezer, Buni, and Todah. (SOURCE)

I think it also helps to realize that you're not debating someone who respects you, when you continue to engage Sum1sGruj. (someone's grudge) You're feeding a bigot who has already demonstrated they hate atheists and know nothing about the history of Christianity, much less Judaism.
Ergo, you'll never get through to someone who already imagines you are not worthy of their respect, but ironically enough you are worthy of their abuse.

Which dear waitasec, speaks worse of them than they could ever hope their contempt is permitted to affect you.

you are absolutely right.

thank you...

Sum1sGruj

I think it also helps to realize that you're not debating someone who respects you, when you continue to engage Sum1sGruj. (someone's grudge) You're feeding a bigot who has already demonstrated they hate atheists and know nothing about the history of Christianity, much less Judaism.

Holdup, what the f ***!?

If there is anyone who is a bigot, it most certainly is not me. Heed the original posts by Waitasec, and maybe you will see the error of your statements.

Really, one would think that a religious site is about exploring, not throwing heresy and contempt. That is what this has amounted to for like, no reason.
The Kingdom of Judah was not exclusive with Judah alone. Benjamites were not descendants of Judah, though they shared nationality, which therefore made them a tribe of Isreal. Benjamites were Judaic, but they were not Jews in ancestry.
History. Learn it.
Yeah, so you want to run that back? Neither one of you are right. What a joke.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Really, one would think that a religious site is about exploring, not throwing heresy and contempt

explain how one explores with out being skeptical or by disagreeing with religious opinion or doctrine?
contempt...? if i show disrespect to any semblance of racism...sure i'll take that label of contempt any day...
if your definition of exploring is perpetuating the same ideology, you are mistaken...

Sum1sGruj

explain how one explores with out being skeptical or by disagreeing with religious opinion or doctrine?
contempt...? if i show disrespect to any semblance of racism...sure i'll take that label of contempt any day...
if your definition of exploring is perpetuating the same ideology, you are mistaken...

Throwing out false ideology and then coursing religion as bigotry, and then me being called a bigot which you happily cosigned out of pitiful necessity-
equates to contempt and heresy.

It's that simple. All this run around and rudeness and now you have the nerve to throw a halo on your head.
Ha :D

Last edited:

Sum1sGruj

when did i call you a bigot?

throwing out skepticism about religious ideology is why i'm here

You agreed with all of KA's statements, you called Jesus a bigot. Both point to me.

Accuracy helps. Otherwise, bigotry takes a hard ironic twist.

Sum1sGruj

are you jesus?

you also said this...

i'm gonna heed what kittens angel said...

I state that the sky is blue. Wanna heed everything I say?
She just sourced what I argued before her coming into play.
Meaningless subjection.

I killed KA's statements. Dynamics.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

Please refrain from personally attacking any member. Criticism should be aimed at ideas, not the person holding them.