• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Why are LDS threads always closed?

joeboonda

Hi, Kathryn, I hope you are feeling better, and I am sorry for pasting the articles. I read the rule I broke (20) and basically we are not allowed to post an article unless it is just a few lines and a link and a reference. I contacted both Todd and Maize and apologized for breaking the rules, and actually, before I received the warnings I apologized to you on your thread on Sunday where you were upset. Kathryn, I know you don't believe me, but I am sorry. I admire and respect you and think you are a very wonderful, kind, caring person and a great debator and defender of your faith. I am a poor, weak Christian, yet the Lord has shown great patience and mercy with me through the past 4 decades, and I can only ask for your forgiveness and mercy too. I am thankful for the grace and mercy of the Lord, and that is what I put my trust in. I thank you for enduring my utter ineptness at debating religion with you. I can only say I am sorry, and that as I do in my life, I forget the past and look to the future and hope things will be better. I love you and all the LDS folk and hope that we can discuss our similarities and differences amicably someday, and that you can find it in your heart to forgive me someday. God bless you and I pray all will be well with you in all things. Again, I am sorry for any and all pain I have caused.
Sincerely,
Michael

Mystic-als

joeboonda - We hear you. Your apologies. You don't seem to be banned. So this is one of two things. One - you are trying to manipulate and deceive us into believing you now will go easy on us (like we need it). OR Two (the one I really hope for) is that you've seen that the agression and contempt with which you sometimes post has a meaningful affect on you also.

I for one welcome your input into any matter that could make me ponder my relation to eternity. But only If you think with your own head and heart and then make the comment. But know, that I know what I believe and will not be "converted". So post in the spirit of love and acceptance. I will reply in the same way.

joeboonda

Thanks, Mystic-als, I will try to post in the spirit of love also, and want you to know that although I can be passionate, I have no contempt for anyone here. I look forward to posting and reading your posts as well. My hope is also that none of us are ever manipulated or deceived by anyone, not anyone on the forums, but anyone in life in general. By continuously educating one another and learning from one another and being open, me being open and others also, then we will be equipped against the lies of our adversary. Thanks for you reply, and have a good day!