• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what is your opinion of the following video

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Apparently, this rabbi thinks you worship a different deity than the Jews and Muslims yet (some or many of you) fight for Jewish theology which apparently is incompatible with Christianity. In fact, my understanding of idolatry from the readings of Maimonides, Christianity is considered Avodah Zarah (Strange Worship; or the worship of deities other than the God of Israel).

See the following:

The whole terrorism bit was a bit much especially considering he was making a terrible generalization but very clear in the video he said about Christianity "we are not allowed to believe in that."

Here is another where this Canadian Jewish guy walks around interviewing people in Israel from the West Bank, to other places in the Holy land. In the second video Arab Christians refer to God as Allah as well...How interesting.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

I will comment from my experiences with Christians. (Let’s call me a Christian for this exercise, although virtually no Christians will call me that)

the Rabbi says Christians are worshipping a different diety
My experience: this is quite correct. (for many) And some Christians worship no God. Isaiah 29:13-14.

keep in mind, these are my opinions only from my experiences with many Christians.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Having grown up such a staunchly conservative Christian Literalist, I do find it interesting how different Christianity and Judaism really are.
They all worship the God of Abraham, but I feel Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah are more fitting and accurate as they really are three very different entities.

74x12

Apparently, this rabbi thinks you worship a different deity than the Jews and Muslims yet (some or many of you) fight for Jewish theology which apparently is incompatible with Christianity. In fact, my understanding of idolatry from the readings of Maimonides, Christianity is considered Avodah Zarah (Strange Worship; or the worship of deities other than the God of Israel).

See the following:

The whole terrorism bit was a bit much especially considering he was making a terrible generalization but very clear in the video he said about Christianity "we are not allowed to believe in that."

Here is another where this Canadian Jewish guy walks around interviewing people in Israel from the West Bank, to other places in the Holy land. In the second video Arab Christians refer to God as Allah as well...How interesting.

I'm slightly different than others because I don't believe the trinity. I believe Jesus is God though so ... that's still idolatry in modern Judaism's opinion.

As for him saying they worship the same God as Islam. Yes, but according to Jesus no one comes to the Father except through him. So I don't believe either religion really knows God like they think they do. You can't have the Father without the Son. Jesus said if you see him you see the Father and according to 1st John chapter 3 ... it was the Father who was in the world and the world didn't know him. So these religions exist because they don't recognize God himself even though they claim knowledge of God.

As for defending Judaism. There are some Jews who do not follow the Talmud but only the Tanakh. I would say they are closer to the truth; than Talmudic Judaism. Although they still need to acknowledge the Messiah Jesus if they really want to know the Father.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Having grown up such a staunchly conservative Christian Literalist, I do find it interesting how different Christianity and Judaism really are.
They all worship the God of Abraham, but I feel Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah are more fitting and accurate as they really are three very different entities.
I'm puzzled as to why Christians adopted the Old Testament in the first place. It's two different gods literally squished together and touted as being one.

Maybe it's a clue on the trinity thang that Christians get hung on.

Just squish things together and call it a day.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm puzzled as to why Christians adopted the Old Testament in the first place. It's two different gods literally squished together and touted as being one.

Maybe it's a clue on the trinity thang that Christians get hung on.

Just squish things together and call it a day.
Without the Old there's no need, point, or purpose of a New. The Old promises a messiah, and the New presents it.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I will comment from my experiences with Christians. (Let’s call me a Christian for this exercise, although virtually no Christians will call me that)

the Rabbi says Christians are worshipping a different diety
My experience: this is quite correct. (for many) And some Christians worship no God. Isaiah 29:13-14.

keep in mind, these are my opinions only from my experiences with many Christians.

Wow interesting....Can you expound further on your beliefs?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

In my literal understanding that echoes the second video Allah, Jehovah, Elohim, YHVH, Alaha, are all one and the same.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's a very interesting thread.:)
We Christians speak of Jesus as God. And so, I guess the other two monotheistic religions tend to forget how when we pray to Jesus, we are praying to God. It's difficult to explain, but the trinity is a mystery, is something sealed in Christians' hearts.
It is Jesus who defeated death by rising from the dead. And that is why Jesus' coming and His Gospel are a new covenant, and the previous one was an old covenant.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I believe Jesus is God though so ... that's still idolatry in modern Judaism's opinion.

And Islam and even during Jesus' time. However what denomination do you subscribe to?

As for him saying they worship the same God as Islam. Yes, but according to Jesus no one comes to the Father except through him. So I don't believe either religion really knows God like they think they do.

Very presumptuous on your part considering Judaism preceded both Islam and Christianity. Jesus was a monotheist. In fact, Jesus said the greatest commandment is to say God is one and to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Islam says the same by asking believers to always remain cognizant of God, and to maintain belief in his unity. How are Jews and Muslims not properly expressing strict monotheism as taught by the prophets who preceded Jesus himself?

As for defending Judaism. There are some Jews who do not follow the Talmud but only the Tanakh. I would say they are closer to the truth; than Talmudic Judaism. Although they still need to acknowledge the Messiah Jesus if they really want to know the Father.

But in my understanding, one of the roles of a true Messiah according to Judaism is that the Messiah will establish peace on earth during their lifetime. Jesus, according to Christianity died without establishing peace on earth. In Judaism Jesus failed that criteria whereas in Islam Jesus ascended before the crucifixion.

74x12

And Islam and even during Jesus' time. However what denomination do you subscribe to?
I'm basically non denominational. My beliefs are oneness. So similar to apostolics.
Very presumptuous on your part considering Judaism preceded both Islam and Christianity. Jesus was a monotheist. In fact, Jesus said the greatest commandment is to say God is one and to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Islam says the same by asking believers to always remain cognizant of God, and to maintain belief in his unity. How are Jews and Muslims not properly expressing strict monotheism as taught by the prophets who preceded Jesus himself?
No one really preceded Jesus as Jesus said "Before Abraham was, I am". Yes Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to love God and your neighbor as yourself. However, when the scribe agreed with him on that point; Jesus said "you are not far from the kingdom of God" (Mark 12:30-34)

So that means the scribe wasn't in the kingdom even though he was close. He was sincere in trying to please God but wasn't quite there yet. So then how do you enter the kingdom of God? (see John 3:3-5)
But in my understanding, one of the roles of a true Messiah according to Judaism is that the Messiah will establish peace on earth during their lifetime. Jesus, according to Christianity died without establishing peace on earth. In Judaism Jesus failed that criteria whereas in Islam Jesus ascended before the crucifixion.
Jesus didn't just die but he also rose from the dead. So he still has plenty of time to fulfill all prophecies.

On the other hand any messiah other than Jesus will have a hard time fulfilling the prophecies that Jesus already fulfilled like Isaiah 53.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In my literal understanding that echoes the second video Allah, Jehovah, Elohim, YHVH, Alaha, are all one and the same.
True. But Christianity is so vastly different from Judaism that given it's Roman birth I tend to go with Jehovah when referring to the Christian god. And much for about the same reasons use Yahweh for the Jewish god and Allah for the Muslim god. It linguistically doesn't work that well, especially since allah just means god, but beyond the names they'd easily pass for being three different gods.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
True. But Christianity is so vastly different from Judaism that given it's Roman birth I tend to go with Jehovah when referring to the Christian god. And much for about the same reasons use Yahweh for the Jewish god and Allah for the Muslim god. It linguistically doesn't work that well, especially since allah just means god, but beyond the names they'd easily pass for being three different gods.

Hmmm interesting