• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Was the race of Adam and Noah, white?

Is the racial stock of Noah the same as any that presently exists?

• Total voters

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
That pre-Tower of Babel humanity was The White Man, is supremely racist! (I'm white, in case you were wondering.)

"Caucasian-ness" of Adam and his family, as well of Noah and his family, is the concoction of naive, white artists.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Was Noah white? I doubt it seriously. If one believes in Noah, then he/she would also believe that we are all descended from him. Since not everyone is white, I don't see how Noah could have been. :D

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
I totally agree. For the descendets of eight white people in a boat to have turned licorice in only a few thousand years is, biologically speaking, absurd.

tomspug

Absorbant
That pre-Tower of Babel humanity was The White Man, is supremely racist! (I'm white, in case you were wondering.)

"Caucasian-ness" of Adam and his family, as well of Noah and his family, is the concoction of naive, white artists ---- and of the Ku Klux Klan!
Um, I doubt that any of the Bible characters were even remotely Caucasian. Who exactly have you met that believes such a ridiculous thing?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Jesus was Jewish, the 12 Apostles were Jewish and I could go on. White supremacists who say they are Christian would have to hate their own Savior. That is what is ludicrous.

Zephyr

Moved on
I'm trying to score some points against white supremists, especially those who try to use religion and the Bible for their own agenda.
Papa Heathen is right. You won't be finding them around here really. As it stands I'm the closest you'd get* around these parts, and I don't even believe in whiteness or the flood!

*Boring old non-supremacist Heathen Nationalist

Edit: I voted yes to the poll question because I figure Noah was probably some sort of Middle-Easterner who's descendants could very well still be kicking around. Assuming of course Noah existed.

Last edited:

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
Um, I doubt that any of the Bible characters were even remotely Caucasian. Who exactly have you met that believes such a ridiculous thing?

A bunch of ignorant people I've met who seem to assume from European and Anglo-American art that Jesus was white. And the point about the absurdity of the descendents of eight white people turning licorice within only a few thousand years", is actually an arguement used by one Bible study web site to deny the Flood its univesality.

Last edited:

Minister_E

No disrespect Im sure your asking just cause your curious but does it really matter in ternms of faith....does it matter....

idea

Question Everything
I was reading, I think it was the Book of Enoch, (another ancient manuscript) anyways, it goes into detail about the cloths God made for Adam and Eve when they left the garden. the cloths were passed on from generation to generation, at one point they were stolen, and then the skins were "cursed"... - not being human cursed skin, skins being the stolen cloths made for Adam and Eve that people were wearing... just an idea to ponder, that "cursed skin" does not necessarily mean black/white skin color... instead talking about sacred clothing... so much has been taken out of the Bible to distort it...

Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

sputnik323

Goat licker
I think the more interesting question would be posed to the people who take Evolution entirely and ask how races came to be in the first place? If the first man was Asian wouldn't we all be Asian? were there different evolutions of man? what are the odds of man genetically emerging at different places at the same time? What are the enviromental factors that could exist over millions of years that any race could end up as a genetic strength to cause differentiation? And should any differentiation occur in a mixed enviornment wouldnt it easily be snuffed out by the sheer numbers of other races? (meaning what are the odds of a white women being born to black parents meeting a white man born to black parents and them survivng in a hostile enviornment and mating and then imbreeding) >>> not bloody likely <<<

Last edited: