• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: They were banned!

Baerly

sojourner said:
The fact remains, I told my wife the other day, "I like making love with you." That doesn't mean that the quote is valid in other times and places, or with other people or circumstances.

Taking stuff out of context doesn't work. Here, Paul is concerned with orderly worship, not the question of the morality of homosexual behavior. Most certainly Paul is not asserting that everything he (and, by extension, the other apostles) wrote were "commandments of the Lord." Fact is, Jesus does not mention homosexuality once. Read the gospels again.

Scholastically speaking, this is naivete.

Leviticus also says that wearing clothing of mixed cloth is an abomination. Leviticus also lays out some very specific commandments concerning the preparation and eating of food. Do you follow these laws, as well?

The Bible also talks about taking slaves. The Bible also talks about taking multiple wives. Do you also advocate the keeping of slaves, or multiple wives?

You're right. God has not changed. God is always merciful and good, slow to anger and of great kindness. God hnolds back God's hand and does not punish as we deserve. God turns aside from God's anger and does not condemn us. God lifts up the lowly and fills the hungry with good things.

Two thoughts here my friend,

1. The word THINGS is plural in (1Cor.14:37), which would include other things Paul wrote also. That would not be doing any injustice to the text at all. Also in the light of (John 14:26 ; 16 :13) the commandments Jesus told to one apostle he told to all. That is MUCH different than a discussion with you and your wife, Don't you think?

2. God sets boundies for man. If man goes beyond those boundries it displeases God . Ever read (Rom 11:22)? -Behold the goodness and severitry of God:eek:n them which fell,severity;but towards thee goodness,IF THOU CONTINUE IN HIS GOODNESS; otherwise thou shall also be cut off.

Remember Sodom? Gods patience ran out on them. He killed most of them for disobedience to his will.

(2Peter 2:20-22) tells us the grace of God runs out when we leave the precepts of God. It is about as clear as it can be made in this section of scripture. I realize many do not accept this,but what else is new? in love Baerly

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You have not pressented a convincing argument that 1) homosexuality is inherently "wrong,"
2a) that the congregation in question acted consistently with its advertised message, 2b) that the congregation in question acted consistently in accordance with the Biblical message of hospitality.