• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: The Doctrine of Inclusion

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
Victor said:
I find this a rather loving concept.

As do I... hence my rapid disillusioment with some core aspects of Protestant Theology :D

I mean... God giving us a second chance? How cool of him is that!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
sojourner said:
There is so much more imbedded in scripture about grace, salvation, love, undeserved mercy, patience, forbearance, and God searching for God's people until God finds them, than there is about eternal condemnation. Who's calling Jesus a liar here?

angellous_evangellous said:
Don't you have a reference somewhere on this thread to the activity of God as judge? If you think that people stand before God, are judged, and sent to hell, you most certainly believe that God sends people to hell for their sins. Somehow you may morbidly think that people deserve to go to hell for not believing in Jesus, but God could simply save them through Jesus Christ anyway instead of sending them to hell.

Wow! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be playing on the same team as Sojourner and Angellous! :D

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Elvendon said:
As do I... hence my rapid disillusioment with some core aspects of Protestant Theology :D

I mean... God giving us a second chance? How cool of him is that!

Well, I didn't say it was a second chance though. That's more of an LDS thing then an RC thing really.

A

angellous_evangellous

Katzpur said:
Wow! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be playing on the same team as Sojourner and Angellous! :D

Without God's tender mercies we'd all be up sh*t creek.

Baerly

sparkyluv said:
Has anyone else heard of this besides me? The paper in my city wrote an article about it (I'd post it, but you have to pay to see it) and it's from a man named Carlton Pearson who claims that (1) Jesus came to save mankind and (2) everyone is going to heaven. This everyone includes muslims, buddhists, hindus, atheists, etc

He preaches that:

This doctrine completely disregards verses like:
Matthew 7:13-14 <---- hello?
John 14:6
John 3:36 <---- hello?
Mark 10:14-15
Romans 6:23
1 Corinthians 1:18
Romans 10:9
Romans 1:16-17
Romans 3:22-24
Romans 3:28
John 3:3
John 6:43-45
John 6:53
all of Hebrews 11

In short...he calls Jesus a liar.[/quote

My friend, What difference is there in this person leaving out the scriptures you put above,and those who refuse what these scriptures below teach?
1Peter 4:11---Speak as the Oracles of God
1Cor.1:10-----Speak the Same Thing
1Peter 3:21---Baptism Now Saves Us
Mark 16:16 -- Belief + Baptism = Salvation
Gal.3:27 ------Baptism puts Us Into Christ
Rom.6:4------We're Buried with Christ By Baptism
Rom.6:4------Baptized +Raised to Walk In Newness of Life
Acts 2:38 ---- Repent + Baptism = Remission of Sins
Acts 3:19----- Repent + Be Converted = Blotting out Sins
Acts 22:16---- 1. Arise
2.Be Baptized
3.Wash Away Your Sins
4. Calling On The Lord
Please notice that the bible says that sins are washed away at the point of baptism not before. We know that the blood of Jesus does the washing away of sins(Eph.1:7),but the bible says it is not till the point of Baptism that God rids us of that sin according to (Col.2:12)(Eph.5:26)(Titus 3:5)(Acts 22:16). Aren't those who reject these scriptures also calling Jesus a Liar ? (John 12:48) in love Baerly