• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Should we affirm LGBTQI people?

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
Gay Christian 101 - Affirming God's glorious good news for all LGBTs.
LGBTQI stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual (like me), Transgender, Questioning, and Intersex people. The highest cause of death within the LGBTQI community, is suicide. No one should feel separated from the love of our Christ, who made us all, just as we are. Love is love, and I think LGBTQI affirming Christians, should protect these rights. I have included a pro gay Christian site for you to read.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Yes

God loves such people as much as he loves everyone else

So as Christians we should follow his lead

exchemist

Veteran Member
LGBTQI stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual (like me), Transgender, Questioning, and Intersex people. The highest cause of death within the LGBTQI community, is suicide. No one should feel separated from the love of our Christ, who made us all, just as we are. Love is love, and I think LGBTQI affirming Christians, should protect these rights. I have included a pro gay Christian site for you to read.
That's an alarming statistic and not what what I would have expected. It suggests more die from suicide than from natural causes or illness. I'm not sure I believe that.

Unless, I suppose, the stats disaggregate all natural causes and illnesses in detail, so that, for instance, dying of old age is split into many categories according to which organ failed in each case.

Where does it come from and can you provide details or a link?

Brickjectivity

Yummy Bricks
Staff member
Premium Member
YR, not being gay myself I nevertheless see the inherent need for Christians to be reconciled with gay people. You're talking though about a mountain that needs to be moved. I can't now but will try to remember to look at that site and report if its got current and complete discussion material compared with what is available.

Suicide is very natural and is an enemy to be fought. Our own bodies begin to shut down and try to kill us when we don't feel appreciated and we feel out of place. Depression is in our nature. If we get lonely, hungry, ashamed, too cold, too hot...we start wanting to die or at least to stop moving thinking doing.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We now know that being "gay" is largely genetically linked, so if one believes that God made us all, our conclusion should be clear.

Brickjectivity

Yummy Bricks
Staff member
Premium Member
I have included a pro gay Christian site for you to read.
Its very large, so I have skimmed the 'Questions' section. This is a free information site by a person. He does promote his book. He mostly gives out his opinions and sometimes offers a comment about a scripture verse. He has a very defined somewhat fundamentalist view of Christianity not a liberal one, which surprises me. Also because he has opinions on everything including questions about trinity, he's not very general. I wouldn't classify him as a Liberal Christian. He's supporting the Baptist that finds out they are gay, but he's not really going to jive with a Catholic or a Armenian. He's very specific about everything he believes. He does not confine his comments to just things that concern homosexuals. He recommends major protestant commentaries such as Matthew Henry's. In a way its good that you know where he stands on things though he is a bit broad and is sola scriptura and all that.

What some people will prefer is to find something which specifically talks about canon only and doesn't take positions on protestant/catholic issues. There are some scriptures that he may not cover, too; which may come up. He seems to cover most things, such as Jude.
"The sin that Jude condemns is humans having sex with or attempting to have sex with angels. He does not mention or condemn homosexuals and lesbians or transgender people. Isn't that interesting? Yet many anti-gay Christians take the verses out of context to condemn gays and lesbians. They assert, falsely, that v. 7 is a negative attack on lesbian women and gay men."
taken from The book of Jude condemns sex with angels, not gays and lesbians.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
We now know that being "gay" is largely genetically linked, so if one believes that God made us all, our conclusion should be clear.
You have my attention. I personally am bisexual, and my Mom never married after the divorce. If she identifies as LGBTQI+, that's awesome. If not, cool. I wonder how my father identified.