• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians only: What is your hope for the future?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Since all Christians hold the Bible to be true, (or Jesus says they should) what hope do the scriptures hold out for the future according to your understanding?

Do all good people go to heaven? If so what are the qualifications, if any?
What sort of place is heaven and what will people do there?

If some have gone to hell....what sort of place is that?
Are they confined to this place forever or is there a way out? What scripture supports your answer?

Where do you expect to be found a hundred years from now?

If possible, please use Scriptural references for your answers.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Since all Christians hold the Bible to be true, (or Jesus says they should) what hope do the scriptures hold out for the future according to your understanding?

Are they confined to this place forever or is there a way out? What scripture supports your answer?

I believe anyone goes to Heaven if they want to and God allows it. This comes by the Holy Spirit not scripture.

I have been there and can testify that it feels real but is not anything physical. Whatever good thing one wishes one may have there. This also comes by way of the Holy Spirit.

I believe there is nothing about anyone going to hell before the last judgment. It is a place of fire.

Rev. 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

I believe there is a time cycle half of which is eternal life and the other where death reigns. I believe the prisoners in Hell will be released at the end of the eternal life cycle. This also comes by The Holy Spirit.

I expect to be in the New Jerusalem but not necessarily descended to earth yet.

Rev. 21:2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place1 of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,

LightofTruth

I think the Christian should have the same hope as Paul..... the resurrection of the dead. (Acts 23:6)

In that way they can be entirely freed from the law of sin and death....and the body of this death that resulted from Adam's sin.

They will be absent from that sinful flesh body and inhabit a body that has been prepared for them by God through Jesus. They will see him as he is and they will be like him. They will not marry, nor will they have any desire for sex. Nor will their flesh tempt them to sin any longer. And therefore they will be immortal like God's angels in heaven. Neither subject to sin or death.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Last edited:

John1.12

Free gift

Rom 8
18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

John1.12

Free gift
Rom 8
18¶For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
If your not in the ' us ' above then none of this awaits you.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Only those in the ' us ' ( which is freely available for everyone, no one cannot come,the choice is theirs ) will go to heaven . its that direct.
Was it ever in God’s plan for the human race to ever go to heaven? If so, where will I find a scripture that says all Christians must go to heaven? What do you expect to do there? Why would God put us on this material planet and promise an eternal existence here in our mortal flesh, and then change his mind? (Isaiah 55:11)

MonkeyFire

Start my meditation class and original school of thought based on faithful pacifism and my dharma. It’s basically a fraternity and religion, or a fraternal religion.

John1.12

Free gift
Was it ever in God’s plan for the human race to ever go to heaven? If so, where will I find a scripture that says all Christians must go to heaven? What do you expect to do there? Why would God put us on this material planet and promise an eternal existence here in our mortal flesh, and then change his mind? (Isaiah 55:11)
Those verses i gave say all believers will be with the Lord when they die ( essentially) . Its guaranteed for every Christian

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Those verses i gave say all believers will be with the Lord when they die ( essentially) . Its guaranteed for every Christian
Are you here for a Bible discussion or are you stuck with the same answer to every question?

The Christian scriptures were written for, and by, those who would rule with Christ in heaven. The Bible calls these ones the "elect" because they are specially chosen "from among mankind as firstfruits". There is a specific number who make up the rulers in the Kingdom of God. (Revelation 14:1-4) These will go to heaven and they will be given immortal spiritual bodies upon their death in order to be able to dwell there......flesh and blood cannot exist there. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

It says in Revelation 20:4 that they are going to be 'kings and priests' under the leadership of their High Priest and King, Jesus Christ.....do you see yourself in that role? If you do, may I ask who it is that you will be ruling and for whom will you act as a priest? There are no sinners in heaven and kings don't rule each other.

Read Revelation 21:2-4 and tell me who their subjects will be, and where they are located....

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I trust that God is love, that God desires that all humanity be in right relationship, and that God will seek every one of us out until we are in right relationship.

cataway

I trust that God is love, that God desires that all humanity be in right relationship, and that God will seek every one of us out until we are in right relationship.
interesting.... thats all most exactly what happens at the end of the millennial rule (BTW thats 1000 plus years yet in the future )

sojourner

interesting.... thats all most exactly what happens at the end of the millennial rule (BTW thats 1000 plus years yet in the future )
Which is but a second in eternity. If you believe in dispensationism, which I don’t.

cataway

Which is but a second in eternity. If you believe in dispensations, which I don’t.
will you live to be 100 years old ? odds are ,no . 100 years is far short of 1000 . many have lived to be 100 .did they want to die ?? not really .if any thing they wanted their health back so they would live even longer. if you have read and studied the the bible it speaks of never dyeing at all .

20 “No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days,
Nor an old man who fails to live out his days.
For anyone who dies at a hundred will be considered a mere boy,
And the sinner will be cursed, even though he is a hundred years of age.

sojourner

will you live to be 100 years old ? odds are ,no . 100 years is far short of 1000 . many have lived to be 100 .did they want to die ?? not really .if any thing they wanted their health back so they would live even longer. if you have read and studied the the bible it speaks of never dyeing at all .

20 “No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days,
Nor an old man who fails to live out his days.
For anyone who dies at a hundred will be considered a mere boy,
And the sinner will be cursed, even though he is a hundred years of age.
Life is infinite.