• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Christians ONLY] Christian teacher's right to religious liberty and free speech violated.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
As to how do you figure to be a trans man and a Christian at the same time, As to how does this work.
The same exact way that we all are Christians with our own crosses to bear.

If you had any idea or clue what it means to be a Christian, which I doubt you do. God's word over rides what any scientist will say.
That's quite the assumption there. Don't go throwing stones in glass houses.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
What does the definition of transgender mean to you?
Somebody who feels that their body is misaligned with what their real sex is, regardless of why they think that is. Some transgender people will say that the sex of their brain is female, while their body is male, etc. The assertion is based on some research that's been done on sexually dimorphic characteristics of the brain. I think the research is still a new and developing thing, about a subject and an organ (transgenderism and the brain) which we have a really poor understanding of right now, and I'm not confident enough about my knowledge of it to say either way, plus the fact that there are plenty of trans people I've met who would reject the idea that their identity can be boiled down to simple anatomical characteristics. Then there's also the question of whether sex and gender are two different things--again, different people define those terms in different ways within the LGBT community. As it is, my definition of transgender doesn't have much relevance to this conversation, anyway. It's not something I have to deal with as a man with the standard setup.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Don't even try it, it will not work with me.

When Christ Jesus said that God created them male and female in the beginning, that pertains to all human beings.

When Christ Jesus spoke about divorce, thats most certainly is about sexuality,

It seems your having a hard time that sexuality and marriage go together.

Notice Christ Jesus did say in
Matthew 19:5--"And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh"

So it's obvious that it goes both ways.
For a person to get a divorce, first they are married and then by chance if things don't work out, then comes the divorce.

Anyway that a person trys to cut it, it all comes down that Christ Jesus is against transgender and gay marriage.

It doesn't take much to figure that out.
Your Biblical exegesis is completely wrong, but since you're not interested in civil discussion, believe whatever bias confirming rubbish you like, I shan't try to correct you.

Just a parting though, transexuality isn't necessarily about sexuality, there's plenty of transsexual people who have what you would call a traditional marriage. Intersex people blow your false duality out of the water, too.

pearl

"Vlaming said religious reasons prevented him from referring to the student as male."

Another reason for the strict separation of church and state. His religious beliefs are not allowed to trump public policy in a public setting. It is not the business of public schools to teach morality.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Biologically intersex person who identifies as nonbinary here:^).I personally think that the teacher should have called the student by his name or by his pronouns.You have no clue how much self-hate a person can have towards themselves for being trans.You can make their day just by calling them by the right pronouns.At the very least don't call them by the wrong pronouns.But then again this is a complex issue so I'll say this: The guy went against the school's rules.He could have followed them.He did not.He also did not have to insist on calling the student by the wrong pronouns.He could have just used singular they or avoid pronouns all together and thus following the rules.