• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians, Muslims, Jews....A Question About Love

Flankerl

You firmly believe the opposite of what Christians believe about the authenticity of the man Jesus as Messiah

Its called believing into a different Religion.

Crazy, I know.

choosing instead to stick to your own religious traditions

Heaven forbid!

despite the rocky history of Israel's religious leaders in the past, who took the whole nation into apostasy and false worship many times

Still better than what Christians have done in the past 2000 years. You have far more blood on your hands. Oh wait those weren't "true Christians".

and despite thousands of years waiting for a Messiah who never comes.

Says the one waiting for a dead guy.
Two can play that game.

Can you not see a pattern here?

So where are the indigenous Religions of Europe? What happened to them? My oh my. We most certainly didn't exterminate them.
Probably all these fake Christians, thank goodness your sect represents the true Christians.

Can you tell me why there are no other prophets after Malachi? What if Jesus was the final prophet

What if... I am the final Prophet?

I am Jewish. So I qualify about as much as your dead guy does. In fact I qualify more because I am not dead.

But Christians too have been brutally persecuted. In the first century, Jews were the prime persecutors

**** OFF!
So what happened? Did we not let you guys into the Synagogues? Is there ANYTHING like what you did to us? ANYTHING? NO? THEN YOU BETTER BE SILENT ABOUT IT.

And when you see the decline of the Christian church when Constantine set up Roman Catholicism as the state religion

Yes the decline was so hard that it spread throughout the known world. Magical decline.

If peace is the blessing that God promises his people, then look for the ones who are at peace with their neighbors in the whole world.

So not the Christians. Good.

There is no such thing as "collateral damage" to God. This is a term invented by men to excuse killing innocent women and children.Isn't it time to bury the hatchet and try to "be peaceable with all men"? This is the Bible's recommendation for Christians.

Fun fact: I would call your entire posts proselytizing.

Tumah

Veteran Member
@Flankerl and @Tumah

I am beginning to understand the animosity and frustration expressed towards Christianity in your posts. You firmly believe the opposite of what Christians believe about the authenticity of the man Jesus as Messiah, choosing instead to stick to your own religious traditions, despite the rocky history of Israel's religious leaders in the past, who took the whole nation into apostasy and false worship many times.

Clearly then, you don't understand it at all. I've been quoting only from Tanach here. I don't need my religious leaders to tell me Jesus is the [wrong] way. Its clear as light to anyone who reads Tanach without the NT. Which heavily indicates that the NT was going for a reinterpretation. You don't need Rabbis for that. Just being able to read Biblical Hebrew is enough.
..and despite thousands of years waiting for a Messiah who never comes.
And yet that's thousands of years that we have expressed unwavering faith that G-d will send him. That's some pretty rock-solid faith.

If over 400 years had elapsed since the last prophet had tried to offer correction to God's people
No. That's 400 years since the last prophet prophesied. There are always leaders to return the nation to the correct path.
....what happened to God's nation in that 400 years?
They built the Second Temple.
If they followed their own track record, then why do you think the Pharisees could not be wrong about Jesus?
Their "track record"?
"Over 400 years ago, you guys were not doing what G-d wanted. Last we left off, G-d sent Ezra to rebuild the Temple for you. I don't know what happened since then, but it must have been terrible as well so you guys have a horrible track record."
The prophets that God sent to his people were by and large ignored and persecuted by them...some were put to death to shut them up. Can you not see a pattern here?
Sure. But what does that have to do with anything.

Can you tell me why there are no other prophets after Malachi?
For what purpose? Everything that needed to be said, was said.

What if Jesus was the final prophet...the true Messiah...and Israel once again silenced this critic who was exposing them for the religious frauds that they were? It's a bitter pill to swallow but the possibility is one you cannot deny.
No, sorry. The last prophet was ~400 years before then.

If I may quote a fellow Jew from the DIR thread on "Questions About Traditional Judaism", I think we can see how this happened.....

"Another way of putting that would be that if there are two Jews having a discussion, there will be three different opinions.... Jews tend towards contentiousness.
We learn that the reason that the Second Temple was destroyed was because of Baseless Hatred of one Jew towards another Jew. We learn that the reason that the Temple has not been rebuilt for the last 2,000 years is because we still suffer from Baseless Hatred."

Comparing his honest comments with your own is interesting because we can see that "contentiousness" is indeed tied in with Jewish history.
Yes, but this has nothing to do with Jesus. Jesus is wrong because Jesus is wrong. Not because Jews have trouble getting along with each other.
It is still very apparent even today. It is hard to get past that animosity especially when antisemitism is a burden that has been carried by the Jewish people over many generations. But Christians too have been brutally persecuted. In the first century, Jews were the prime persecutors. We have a history too. And when you see the decline of the Christian church when Constantine set up Roman Catholicism as the state religion, you see another example of men corrupting the word of God to justify their ungodly conduct.Christendom is a poor example of Christianity and has been since the early centuries. Her history is not one to be proud of either.....but her defection was foretold.
Oh that's cool. According to your understanding, G-d threw the Jews away for corrupting His ways and then started up a new religion...who then proceeded to corrupt his ways. But this time its for real, right!

If peace is the blessing that God promises his people,
Its one of them.
then look for the ones who are at peace with their neighbors in the whole world.
So...Iceland, Denmark, Austria and Portugal.

If they are shedding innocent blood, then God is not among them. There is no sanction for the death of innocents. (Deut 19:9, 10)
In context, this verse seems to be talking about not spilling innocent Jewish blood. Previously G-d mentions that we will be in Israel. We've already cleared out all the other nations one way or another. So its just Jews there.
God's law had penalties even for the accidental man slayer, let alone those who wantonly took innocent lives along with their intended targets.
From the above conversation, I wouldn't quote you as an expert on G-d's Law.
There is no such thing as "collateral damage" to God. This is a term invented by men to excuse killing innocent women and children.
You're point being...?
Isn't it time to bury the hatchet and try to "be peaceable with all men"? This is the Bible's recommendation for Christians.[/quote]

That's cool for you.
Meanwhile, I'll just stick with G-d's Law.

whirlingmerc

The greatest promises in Old and New Testaments is for those who love God

for example... 'All things work for good to THOSE WHO LOVE GOD .." Romans 8
but even that love comes form God

I read there is a place where the Koran says "allah does not love sinners' and that might be a difference as Romans says
'In while we were yet sinners Christ died for us' God in mercy will love the unlovely and change them in the Bible.

Qur’an 3:31-32—Say [O Muhammad]: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.

Qur’an 30:43-45—Then turn thy face straight to the right religion before there come from Allah the day which cannot be averted; on that day they shall become separated. Whoever disbelieves, he shall be responsible for his disbelief, and whoever does good, they prepare (good) for their own souls, that He may reward those who believe and do good out of His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.

Or do I have a misunderstanding here?