• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians and the Word of God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Just to remind you dear, it's not my words your calling crap.
I'm not your dear. And I'm not calling the words crap. I'm saying that you don't need to include them with every post. It smacks of proseltytizing. Is that what your purpose for being here is?

uss_bigd

I'm not your dear. And I'm not calling the words crap. I'm saying that you don't need to include them with every post. It smacks of proseltytizing. Is that what your purpose for being here is?

just trying to read the good news .... just the trying to read the good news ...in this little way i am able too...and i thank God for the opportunity...

A

angellous_evangellous

how long have you studied tha bible to make such conclusions? have you OBJECTIVELY searched for the truth? their is a biblical church. seek and you shall find!

for the record ... the old testament is important as its prophecies pertain to the new testament and to the end times. so the old test must be considered.

remember, study it thoroughly before assuming the books are contradicting.

I've been studying it in the original languages on the graduate school level since 2001, with a BA, MA, and most of a PhD in New Testament. I've done my homework.

Have you?

A

angellous_evangellous

let us ask Paul

he said

1 Corinthians 9:18
What pay am I given? It is the chance to preach the good news free of charge and not to use the privileges that are mine because I am a preacher.

hope he answered your question

I already quoted that. He refused pay that they were obligated to give.

uss_bigd

I've been studying it in the original languages on the graduate school level since 2001, with a BA, MA, and most of a PhD in New Testament. I've done my homework.

Have you?

I have, and i am continuosly studying it ... with God's help and mercy i intend to continue ...

besides ... the minister of my church can answer any quetions about the bible...

he has not lost a debate.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Are Christian's required to obey all of the New Testament?

Im not..

Im not stupid enough to believe that when Paul spoke?? He was not speaking to practically heatherns...

Not only that??..The only reqirement for me to be a Christian is I say am..I have no "governing" ....I believe Christ is who should be followed..He didnt get an easy deal either..He was tortured and murdered by laughing and mocking crowds..

He promtoted love..But He had the nerve to say he was the son of God..So they murdered Him..

Blessings

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

I have, and i am continuosly studying it ... with God's help and mercy i intend to continue ...

besides ... the minister of my church can answer any quetions about the bible...

he has not lost a debate.

I suppose his garbage doesn't stink, either.:p

Captain Civic

version 2.0
I didn't say that it can't make someone a better person, or that it cannot be a source of great inspiration.

What I am saying is that it's not a perfect systematic grouping of either theology or practice that can be followed consistently, because the texts are inconsistent with one another. That's all.

So constructing a biblical church in the evangelical sense is doomed to failure.

Could we start another thread highlighting some of these inconsistencies?

Jeremy Mason

Im not..

Im not stupid enough to believe that when Paul spoke?? He was not speaking to practically heatherns...

Not only that??..The only reqirement for me to be a Christian is I say am..I have no "governing" ....I believe Christ is who should be followed..He didnt get an easy deal either..He was tortured and murdered by laughing and mocking crowds..

He promtoted love..But He had the nerve to say he was the son of God..So they murdered Him..

Blessings

Dallas

Thank you for your input Dallas apple.

A

angellous_evangellous

Could we start another thread highlighting some of these inconsistencies?

Fine with me. I've been focusing in on the payment of pastors on this thread, we've also seen the problem of women speaking/ being silent. A lot of "pet doctrines" that distinguish Christian denominations have inconsistencies, which is why Christians split, each emphasizing their favorite interpretation.

Some inconsistencies include:

1) The nature of salvation (can you lose it or not?) - here we find varying views of predestination

2) The nature of the church (is it congregational, presbyterian, or papal?)

3) Justification by faith or works? What is the relationship between works and faith?

More technically difficult questions:
4) Is the Bible against homosexuality?

5) Is the Bible inspired?

A

angellous_evangellous

salary is fixed .... it suppose to be fixed ... i dont think i have to explain further ... you read the verse ... i will not dare insult your intelligence sir, i am not worthy to do that.

Yes, a salary is fixed. It does not insult my intelligence if you cannot answer a question.

I'm asking if you think that it's possible for a congregation to be lead by the Holy Spirit to give freely to a general fund, as much as each person is lead to give. From this willingly given fund the money is budgeted out at fixed rates to various needs of the church, one of these items being a pastor's salary. Does this not fulfill the commands, and indeed the requirements of 1 Cor 9?

uss_bigd

Yes, a salary is fixed. It does not insult my intelligence if you cannot answer a question.

I'm asking if you think that it's possible for a congregation to be lead by the Holy Spirit to give freely to a general fund, as much as each person is lead to give. From this willingly given fund the money is budgeted out at fixed rates to various needs of the church, one of these items being a pastor's salary. Does this not fulfill the commands, and indeed the requirements of 1 Cor 9?

i agree with the general funds, bu disagree with the salary.

the general fund goes to propagation, caring for orphans and widows and other good deeds... hence the christain commandement to 'carry each other's burden" this includes the ministers burdens, also, the minister is not above the commandment to give what his heart desires. he must have his own means to live in so that he does his minstry because of faith and not becasue his paid.

finally, do you think the holy spirit will be with a pastor who preaches because of salary? i speak this because my preacher does not get anythng from us, as a matter of fact he is the one who gives all he has for the congregation...