• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity : Is Christendom strengthened by Bahaullah?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
So Bahai does not do right to Avatars by calling them messengers. Unless they call Bahaullah minor and Krishna MAJOR messenger IMHO.
If all the manifestations/messengers knew they were from the one God and knew that they were only one of a line of many, not all of them made that clear. One of worst of these would be Jesus. His message, from the beginning, led his followers to think he was unique. So unique that after studying the NT, they decided that Jesus must be God himself, so they invented the trinity concept to explain how that is possible.

The Baha'i make all messengers sort of equal, except that Baha'u'llah sure sounds like they make a little more equal. So to do that Krishna and Jesus can't be God or part of a Godhead. They drop a notch down to the level of manifestation. Which is sort of okay, except Moses killed a guy. Abraham lied. But by reading the stories in the Jewish Scriptures these guys were just men. Men called by their God... like so many others in the Jewish Bible.

But the story of a progression works for the Baha'is. And to make that progression work all the messengers are equal. And all of them told the same truth about God. And the only reason we see differences in what those messengers said is that their followers added man made tradition and misinterpretation into the Scriptures. And for me, what the Baha'is are really saying by doing this is making all religions, all Scriptures and all beliefs of those other religions wrong. Leaving only the Baha'i Faith having the truth. And, I've never, ever heard them say that your messenger is one of those divine manifestations of God. At best, they might say he is a minor prophet. I'm pretty sure that they think their guy, Baha'u'llah, is the one and only manifestation for this day and age.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Taking things as literal that were meant to be symbolic is one thing the Baha'is say that Christianity has gotten wrong. The main one being the Resurrection. Evangelical/Fundamental Christians believe Jesus was really dead and really came back to life and hung out with his disciples for a few weeks and then ascended into the sky. Baha'is say this never literally happened. That all this is symbolic. Jesus died and did not physically come back to life, and did not float off into the sky. Since Paul is accepted as Christian Scripture and these stories from the gospels as accepted as Christian Scripture are they both fake?

I have a problem with Baha'is saying that the gospel writers wrote about a symbolic resurrection as if it really happened. I think, if it didn't literally happen, if Jesus did not physically come back to life, these gospel stories are not symbolic, but fake... that if the resurrection didn't really happen then the disciples made up the story, but preached it as if it really happened. But, either way, if symbolic or real, they preached it and it was believed by early Christians to have really happened. So the last thing I'd believe is that the gospel writers wrote about a symbolic resurrection, but then they, and the other disciples, went about telling others that Jesus had physically come back to life and then physically rose from the dead.

For me, it was totally real, totally fake but never symbolic. So how do you see it?
"Baha'is say this never literally happened. That all this is symbolic. Jesus died and did not physically come back to life, and did not float off into the sky."

Is that what Bahaullah said, please? (If yes, please quote from Bahaullah):
  • Jesus died (on the Cross,as do Pauline Christians believe)
  • and did not physically come back to life,(Jesus did not rise from the dead, as do Pauline Christians believe)
  • and did not float off into the sky.(Jesus ascended to heaven, as do Pauline Christians believe)
If Jesus died on the Cross, then what happened to Jesus' body:
  • Was Jesus' body prepared for last funeral service?
  • Who washed Jesus' body as per Jewish customs or as per Christian customs?
  • Who lead Jesus' last funeral service?
  • Who joined the funeral service of Jesus?
Anybody who replies to these questions should quote from Bahaullah.
If a Bahai answers these questions then he should quote the original quote from Farsi/Arabic together with translation in English language.
Right, please?

Regards

danieldemol

Premium Member
If Jesus died on the Cross, then what happened to Jesus' body:
  • Was Jesus' body prepared for last funeral service?
  • Who washed Jesus' body as per Jewish customs or as per Christian customs?
  • Who lead Jesus' last funeral service?
  • Who joined the funeral service of Jesus?
If a Bahai answers these questions then he should quote the original quote from Farsi/Arabic together with translation in English language.
Right, please?

Regards
The Ahmadiyya say that Jesus died in India, which means the same questions apply to the Ahmadi Jesus.

Yet if Mirza Ghulam Ahmad answered these questions it is for sure he made the answers up, for such details are unknown to history.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I see a progression of spiritual knowledge, from how to bring about and live an individual Salvation, on to sharing that salvation on a community level, then on to a national level and now on to the world as a whole.

Thus our mind now tanscends the salvation of self and will not find rest until one is a servant to all humanity and not one soul is suffering remoteness from God. Deeds now transcend words and no word is accepted without deeds.

Regards Tony

I believe I see no progression in what you said and in fact it looks more like regression to me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Ahmadiyya say that Jesus died in India, which means the same questions apply to the Ahmadi Jesus.

Yet if Mirza Ghulam Ahmad answered these questions it is for sure he made the answers up, for such details are unknown to history.

I believe that is totally bogus and contrary to what God says in the Bible.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Right, please?

There are threads that cover this topic.

Jesus was most likely buried under the wall. The whereabouts lost in circumstance and time.

A good comparison is that of the body of the Bab. For a long time it was hidden and where was only known by one believer. Thus had he met a fate, it would have been lost.

I see the circumstances would have been as critical in the time of Jesus. Where the body was hidden has been lost.

Regards Tony