• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity in Crisis

Unes

Premium Member
Chapter IV

Christianity in Crisis

Nobody disputes that Jesus was a devoted Jew, and he lost his life for Jewish causes. While Jesus was alive he did not change any of the Jewish laws. At that time Judaism was under assault from the competition by the Romans' Pagan Religion. Jesus was preaching to his fellow Jews to preserve and to practice Judaism in its entirety and do not astray from the Laws of Moses. Then, how can we accept that "in the name of Jesus" all these changes have been done to the Judaism that this is not Judaism any more!? And all these changes were revealed after Jesus was gone!? How simple minded one can get!?

The Bible quotes a lot of statements from Jesus. Jesus whole heartily followed Judaism and he was crucified for the causes of the Judaism. All his disciples earnestly followed the same path. Then how can we accept the word of the people who overrode Jesus!? Are we supposed to follow Jesus or we suppose to dismiss Jesus and follow Paul!?

Christianity is an adaptation of the Judaism and the Romans' Pagan Religion. Caesar Augustus was a god, by the tradition of the Romans' Pagan Religion Jesus was declared God. How can the Christian Church invite its followers to worship Trinity, which Totally Violates the First Commandment!? And this is the essence what Jesus was preaching against. This is quite unlikely that Jesus lived his entire life as a Jew and he was urging his fellow Jews to preserve Judaism, and after he died his spirit reversed all his teachings and started Christianity, which is totally a New Religion, and it contradicts Judaism in its core beliefs.

All those early CRUCIAL CHANGES were initiated ONLY by Apostle Paul, who claimed he had seen a vision of Jesus on the Road to Damascus. After seeing Jesus vision Paul whole heartily was devoted to Jesus brotherhood movement. Barnabas, who was a friend of Paul, helped him to be accepted into the Jesus Community in Jerusalem. Jesus community in Jerusalem was the Headquarter of the Jesus movement. The leaderships in Jerusalem were consisted of the Super Apostles, who had been with Jesus when he was alive. After that introduction in Jerusalem, Apostle Paul joined his friend Barnabas who already had established a Jesus community at the city Antioch, about 300 miles north of Jerusalem.

From the beginning Apostle Paul was seeking to promote Jesus brotherhood to the Gentiles. Apostle Paul convinced the leaderships in Jerusalem to authorize him to recruit the Gentiles into the Jesus brotherhood Movement. Paul acquired a letter from the Jerusalem leadership to pursue his vision in recruiting the Gentiles.

Apostle Paul knew he had to make it easy for the new recruits in order to convert them. Paul was very open-minded in this issue. He had much bigger ambition for the Jesus brotherhood movement. So Apostle Paul relaxed the Jewish bloodline requirement, circumcision requirement, and kosher food requirement for the new Gentile recruits. So in Antioch Jesus community, there were two tables for their meals, one for Jews with kosher food and one for Gentiles. To improve the community fellowship Paul was persuading the two groups join each other's table and ignore the formality of the setup. At this point Apostle Peter was also living in Antioch community and he did not object to any of the rules which Apostle Paul was implementing.

Everything was fine, until couple observers from the Jerusalem leaderships arrived to examine the progress in the Antioch community. These observers were astounded to see how grossly Judaism had been ignored. They strongly objected to the Antioch community arrangement. They totally dismissed Paul for such a setup. They charged that the Sacred Laws of the Judaism had been violated to its core. Apostle Peter who was participating in Gentile meal table, then he withdrew and Joined to the Jewish kosher meal table. The following Passage is from Galatians which it describes Apostle Paul's outrage of the incident:

Paul Rebukes Peter

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas(This individual is generally identified with the Apostle Peter ) came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he had clearly done wrong. 2:12 Until certain people came from James, he had been eating with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he stopped doing this and separated himself because he was afraid of those who were pro-circumcision. 2:13 And the rest of the Jews also joined with him in this hypocrisy, so that even Barnabas was led astray with them by their hypocrisy.

In Jesus community in Antioch Paul's views were totally pushed aside. This incident very clearly indicates that all the surviving Super Apostles unanimously rejected Paul's position and Paul's revelations. Now that the entire surviving Super Apostle rejected Paul's revelations then how can we accept them as genuine instructions from Jesus? This proves Paul's revelations are void.

It defies any logic that Jesus for such Major Reversals in his own belief system and the initiation of such Critical Changes to the Judaism he would have completely ignored all his beloved Disciples, and he only had communicated such Earth Shaking Changes just with Apostle Paul. It is inconceivable that we ignore Jesus personal beliefs when he was alive along with all the Super Apostles beliefs and just simply depend on Paul's words. How did Apostle Paul acquire such a prominent position which he even over-rides Jesus? Apostle Paul was a very clever man. He knew absolutely there was no chance for him to suggest those changes on his own account then he implemented them in the name of Jesus.

After the confrontation in Antioch community Paul was very disappointed and he traveled to the cities in Greece, Macedonia, and Asia Minor to establish his own version of Jesus movements fresh. Paul was promoting a version of Judaism which would bring Jews and Gentiles together for a unified brotherhood without emphasizing on the Jewish laws and Jewish bloodline. This is the version which at the end succeeded and was labeled as Christianity Faith. Paul's letters and his vision of making the brotherhood movement easy for the new Roman converts were the keys for the creation and the success of the Christianity. We can confidently claim that Apostle Paul on his own initiative used Jesus' Fame to establish the new Christianity Faith.

We can not accept that those changes happened maybe because after the crucifixion Jesus changed his mind and he realized Judaism was no good any more! Or, claim that maybe then, the Resurrected Jesus got in charge of the divinity, and he changed some of the sacred laws which God had sent earlier! Then, we need to ask; did God approve of what his beloved Son was doing to his sacred laws!? Or maybe we supposed to believe that by then God was retired!? We can not act like a retarded person and ignore all these revealing accounts.

It is ironic for the people who scientifically are the most advanced civilizations they follow such incoherent theology! It seems when it comes to digest their spiritual beliefs the Dark Ages has never left them. Where is the Logic which has achieved them so much glory? A high school student would have stronger Logic and shows far more Intelligence than this!

I do feel the pain and the distress which this view would inflect on the followers of the Abrahamic Faith. And I do sympathize with their dilemma. This is very disorienting for them to lose the safety of their familiar Faith. But all of us are empowered to endure and to absorb these challenges for our growth. Mentally our lives are not meant to be easy. Sometimes through the hardship we learn the most enlightening messages of our lives.

Even though most Christian groups emphasis that Gospels are word of God but in 1965 POPE PAUL VI held Vatican 2nd Council for the affairs and the theology of the Catholic Church. That Council adopted NOSTRA AETATE. That document rejects any ill-feelings towards non-Christians. The document reversed the Christian doctrine of hatred toward the Jews, who were blamed for the crucifixion of Jesus. Also, on March 2000 POPE JOHN PAUL II apologized for the Church’s prosecution of Jews throughout the Church history. Also, in 1969 the Protestant Church repudiated Martin Luther teaching on the Jews, and in 2002 a new revision was announced.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/COUNCILS/v2non.htm
http://www.jcrelations.net/en/?item=1468
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2000/111/23.0.html

So, the Christian Church does not really consider the Gospels as words of God. Otherwise how could they alter the words of God?

This is part of a larger article which I have posted on my site, under Civility.
May God Bless us All,
Unes

A

angellous_evangellous

And all this time I thought the sky wasn't falling.

A

angellous_evangellous

Someday you too can go used car shopping with a minimalist.

Do minimalists even shop for used cars?

RyanD

Unfortunately I did not have the time to read all of what you posted, but, that end bit there kind of concerned me. The basis of the Catholic faith, you could say, is tolerance and understanding. This is why the Pope's made official declarations regarding the expansion of relations with the Jewish people. It was all official and such, :)

Unes

Premium Member
Mike182,
This is my point of view. You may agree with me, or you may challenge my premises or my logic.

May God Bless us All,
Unes

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
That's a very well thought out article... but I don't understand why it's called "Christianity in Crisis".

Unes

Premium Member
Gentoo said:
That's a very well thought out article... but I don't understand why it's called "Christianity in Crisis".
Gentoo,
In this chapter I tried to prove the falsehood of the Christianity.
Then by using the conclusion from this chapter I have proved the falsehood of Islam.
By putting an end to these faulty theologies I hope to promote the unity of Brotherhood under the banner of the Civility.

May God Bless us All,
Unes

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Unes said:
Gentoo,
In this chapter I tried to prove the falsehood of the Christianity.
Then by using the conclusion from this chapter I have proved the falsehood of Islam.
By putting an end to these faulty theologies I hope to promote the unity of Brotherhood under the banner of the Civility.

May God Bless us All,
Unes

Why? Why does anyone, for that matter, want to prove a religion "false"? If it's for your own personal philosophy, that's one thing, but why then would you post it? It's asking for trouble if you ask me.

Unes

Premium Member
Gentoo said:
Why? Why does anyone, for that matter, want to prove a religion "false"? If it's for your own personal philosophy, that's one thing, but why then would you post it? It's asking for trouble if you ask me.
Thank you for your advice. I am not trying to be disrespectful toward the established religions. I am trying to excel the issues of our spirituality which would be in harmony with our scientific findings and it does not offend our intelligence.

Regarding the danger from the Religious Fanatics I think everyone of us has obligation try to help them to see the flaws in their belief system which is hurting everybody. And in this task it is justified to ignore all the dangers which some fanatic are posing. After all our lives are unpredictable and the danger is all around us. That is the nature of our lives. So we should not be afraid of the dangerous consequences that our good cause might bring us, and we rather should welcome it.

May God Bless us All,
Unes