• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian or Judaism: Moses is God and Word is God. Jesus is Moses and Elijah

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Laugh all you will but perhaps you can refer to Exodus 7:1 and see what it says about that.

YoursTrue

All quiet --
I notice a few translations at Exodus 7:1 --
King James Bible
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

New King James Version
So the LORD said to Moses: “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

New American Standard Bible
Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

NASB 1995
Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
All quiet --
King James Bible
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

New King James Version
So the LORD said to Moses: “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

NASB 1995
Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.
No problem here. It simply means that Pharaoh would perceive Moses as like a god. It doesn't mean that Moses was actually a god. There is only one God.

YoursTrue

No problem here. It simply means that Pharaoh would perceive Moses as like a god. It doesn't mean that Moses was actually a god. There is only one God.
God the Almighty made Moses to be like or as God to Pharaoh. I don't think Pharaoh referred to Moses as God, of course, but the implication is there.

jimb

Premium Member
All quiet --
King James Bible

New King James Version

NASB 1995
And your point is..?

YoursTrue

And your point is..?
That God Almighty appointed Moses as GOD to Pharaoh. Or like God to Pharaoh. Here are a few more translations for you to look at:

Legacy Standard Bible
Then Yahweh said to Moses, “See, I set you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Amplified Bible
Then the LORD said to Moses, “Now hear this: I make you as God to Pharaoh [to declare My will and purpose to him]; and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Christian Standard Bible
The LORD answered Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother will be your prophet.

It's very interesting.

YoursTrue

Clearly God was not making Moses God. He acted as God's agent only.
He made him AS God to Pharaoh. And even better, he made his brother Aaron a prophet to -- MOSES. Moses made by God as GOD to Pharaoh, and Aaron made by God a prophet to Moses. Very, very interesting, thanks for pointing it out...:) Take care, have a nice day.

YoursTrue

Christian or Judaism: Moses is God and Word is God.

Jesus transfigures himself on the mountain when he's with three apostles into Moses, Elijah and Himself. Moses is said to be God in Exodus 4:16 and the Word is said to be God in John 1:1.

Jesus and Moses are the same person then. But Jesus also transfigured himself into Elijah too, which means Jesus is Elijah as well.
Wow! is all I can say in reference to what the New Living Translation says at Exodus 4:16 -
"Aaron will be your spokesman to the people. He will be your mouthpiece, and you will stand in the place of God for him, telling him what to say."
So here Moses told Aaron what to say, and Moses would stand in the place of God for Aaron. Wow. Thank you for mentioning that scripture.

IndigoChild5559

Jesus transfigures himself on the mountain when he's with three apostles into Moses, Elijah and Himself. Moses is said to be God in Exodus 4:16 and the Word is said to be God in John 1:1.

Jesus and Moses are the same person then. But Jesus also transfigured himself into Elijah too, which means Jesus is Elijah as well.
I find following your reasoning impossible. Absolutely no one says that Moses is God. No one.

IndigoChild5559

To be God and then to be LIKE God are two different things, right?
Absolutely! Glad we can agree on something. :) :) :) The verse in Exodus is limited to saying that TO PHARAOH, Moses would seem like a god. In no way, shape, size or form was it saying that he actually was a god. Further, I can't think of any religion, sect, or denomination that says anything different.

jimb

Premium Member

I don't know what translation you're using, but Exodus 4:16 says this in various translations...

"He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him." NIV
"He will speak for you to the people, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were his God." NET
"And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God." KJV
"He shall speak for you to the people; and he will be as a mouth for you and you will be as God to him." NASB

Secondly, when God spoke to Moses, it is absurd to think that He was speaking to Himself!

Thirdly, Jesus never transfigured Himself into Elijah!

Finally, get rid of your twisted logic and read the Bible for what it actually says.

YoursTrue

Absolutely! Glad we can agree on something. :) :) :) The verse in Exodus is limited to saying that TO PHARAOH, Moses would seem like a god. In no way, shape, size or form was it saying that he actually was a god. Further, I can't think of any religion, sect, or denomination that says anything different.
(whatever) -- but you don't really believe that it happened as described anyway. According to the scriptural account, God told Moses he would be as God to Pharaoh. I find that point very interesting point in many ways but -- since it was Moses and Pharaoh and Aaron, I'll let the matter settle as it will. In other words, discussion over for now. :)
By the way, do you read Hebrew?

English Standard Version
And the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Berean Standard Bible
The LORD answered Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

King James Bible

New King James Version

YoursTrue

I don't know what translation you're using, but Exodus 4:16 says this in various translations...

"He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him." NIV
"He will speak for you to the people, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were his God." NET
"And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God." KJV
"He shall speak for you to the people; and he will be as a mouth for you and you will be as God to him." NASB

Secondly, when God spoke to Moses, it is absurd to think that He was speaking to Himself!

Thirdly, Jesus never transfigured Himself into Elijah!

Finally, get rid of your twisted logic and read the Bible for what it actually says.
So no matter how you look at it, God made Moses as if he were God to Pharaoh (NIV)
Do you believe the scripture?

IndigoChild5559

(whatever) -- but you don't really believe that it happened as described anyway
It appears you simply refuse to respect that we have different approaches, and that you intend keep up the needling indefinitely. I find that to be abusive and I've had enough. I will no longer be reading ANYTHING you write.

YoursTrue

It appears you simply refuse to respect that we have different approaches, and that you intend keep up the needling indefinitely. I find that to be abusive and I've had enough. I will no longer be reading ANYTHING you write.
Obviously not for you because you will not read this, but because of the beliefs and attitude you embrace is WHY I left Judaism.

YoursTrue

Different approaches is minimiizing it. But thank you so much --