• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

choices

^happy

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have read the bible and felt that I had been lied to.
The god of the old testament created a lot of atrosities. I did not see the god of love my preacher had promised was there. I started reading any and all information that I could get my hands on. I finally ran across a book that gave me all the answers that I was looking for. I found the only thing that matters is making a choice between Love and back to "Father" or dominion.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*sings along with the Vikings*

No worries, my ducklings! The forum policy has been reinterated to anyone who may or may not have been involved.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
FeathersinHair said:
Errr.... *squints at screen* I'm not sure where 'ducklings' came from, guys. Sorry!

What are QUACK you QUACKING about? QUACK

Welcome! QUACK QUACK!

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
the god of the old testimate is just as loving as the god of the new on. sometimes its hard to take the truth, but the plain fact is God needs to discipline his children (of israel) before he starts rewarding them with his love (Christ). well thats my philosophy anyway. Its kind of like a parent (Father).

Anyway, welcome, i hope you have a good time here on RF

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
^happy said:
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have read the bible and felt that I had been lied to.
The god of the old testament created a lot of atrosities. I did not see the god of love my preacher had promised was there. I started reading any and all information that I could get my hands on. I finally ran across a book that gave me all the answers that I was looking for. I found the only thing that matters is making a choice between Love and back to "Father" or dominion.

Hi happy,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

I can understand what you have said perfectly; the God of the old testament doesn't exactly sound like a God who is full of Love. I hope by being here that you may learn to understand the whole Bible in a different way (If that's what you want), in a way that explains why the God of the O.T is thoroughly misrepresented.

I suggest that you look at our article for new members (from which there is a link to the Forum rules with which you ought to acquaint yourself)

I hope you enjoy your time with us, and look forward to reading your posts.
icon7.gif

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, ^happy. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :)