• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Chicago Pastor Told Staff to Keep a Colleague’s COVID-19 Infection a Secret"

Skwim

Veteran Member

Jack*** of the month (other than Donald of course)

"How irresponsible are some pastors in the wake of the current pandemic?

Journalist Julie Roys has a damning story about one megachurch pastor in Naperville, Illinois, just west of Chicago.

MartySloanCalvary.png

On Tuesday of this week, Pastor Marty Sloan (above) of Calvary Church of Naperville — a megachurch with thousands of weekly attendees — informed his staff that one of his assistants (Pastor Angel Escamilla) tested positive for COVID-19. Furthermore, that pastor’s family members showed symptoms of the disease.

He then told his staff to keep that information a secret:

“If pressed for information (about the Escamillas’ health) you should confidently reply with the following: ‘Please understand that if I knew anything about anyone’s medical condition I would not be at liberty to speak’ and then stop talking.”
That’s bad enough. But to make matters worse, Sloan knew about the sickness for more than a week before that email went out… and yet continued to film online-only services with staffers and volunteers, including sick members of Escamilla’s family.

One of the staffers who videotaped a service now has COVID-19.

That’s bad enough. But to make matters worse, when staffers asked to remain home so they wouldn’t be at risk (because this was a large-enough gathering), Sloan basically threatened them:

The staff member said that when several staff objected due to concerns about infection, Sloan asked them if they wanted to remain “essential,” because if not, that could change."
source

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Journalist Julie Roys has a damning story about one megachurch pastor in Naperville, Illinois, just west of Chicago.

MartySloanCalvary.png
On Tuesday of this week, Pastor Marty Sloan (above) of Calvary Church of Naperville — a megachurch with thousands of weekly attendees — informed his staff that one of his assistants (Pastor Angel Escamilla) tested positive for COVID-19. Furthermore, that pastor’s family members showed symptoms of the disease.

“If pressed for information (about the Escamillas’ health) you should confidently reply with the following: ‘Please understand that if I knew anything about anyone’s medical condition I would not be at liberty to speak’ and then stop talking.”
That’s bad enough. But to make matters worse, Sloan knew about the sickness for more than a week before that email went out… and yet continued to film online-only services with staffers and volunteers, including sick members of Escamilla’s family.

That’s bad enough. But to make matters worse, when staffers asked to remain home so they wouldn’t be at risk (because this was a large-enough gathering), Sloan basically threatened them:

The staff member said that when several staff objected due to concerns about infection, Sloan asked them if they wanted to remain “essential,” because if not, that could change."
source

He is a good capitalist. He has a product to sell and he does everything he can do to keep selling it. He is a good American. He is keeping the economy going.

How come you have a problem with that? Are you anti-American? Are you not a patriot? Don't you believe in capitalism? Are you a communist?

Regards
Mikkel

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

MartySloanCalvary.png

source

That last line though, that's real slick. Not sure if I'd work for him.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
He is a good capitalist. He has a product to sell and he does everything he can do to keep selling it. He is a good American. He is keeping the economy going.

How come you have a problem with that? Are you anti-American? Are you not a patriot? Don't you believe in capitalism? Are you a communist?

Regards
Mikkel
Personally I had no idea that American economy was so tied to a**-in-bench syndrome.