• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chat Chat Chat: Fun Times!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What browser are you running?
IE has some problems running flash scripts.
Firefox shouldn't have a problem. If it does, try the beta version. It works for me.

OK, I've downloaded firefox, and I still get the same "a script in this movie is causing Adobe flash player to run slowly, if it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive"

Why does my computer think I'm accessing a movie? Why can I sometimes get into chat and sometimes not?
What's going on?

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
OK, I've downloaded firefox, and I still get the same "a script in this movie is causing Adobe flash player to run slowly, if it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive"

Why does my computer think I'm accessing a movie? Why can I sometimes get into chat and sometimes not?
What's going on?
You are running Firefox right, so its not the crapulous nature of Internet Explorer. It is the crapulous nature of Adobe Flash player. It has a nasty tendency to grow oversized cache files which cause it to slow down regardless of what you are running. Normally a reboot fixes this. If not, a disk cleanup ought to.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Seyorni, try this link instead, it may work better with your browser:

AJAX Chat

OK, How do I cleanup my disk (I have a disk?)? How do I reboot?
First try Willamena's Ajax chat first.
If that does not work...
A reboot is just the same as a restart.
Hit start, the little power button thingy, and select restart.
Disk cleanup is the least preferable of your options as it takes about an hour or so depending on how big your harddrive is and how fast your computer is.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ajax worked, I got in. But I'd type away furiously and the letters would appear no faster than one per second.
When it works, Explorer and Sunstone's link works best, but half the time I get a problem warning.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Some bit of clean-up that may help:

In Explorer browser, go into Tools, Internet Options, and clean up the 'Temporary Internet Files'. Just delete them all --they are only there as a convenience and most are just taking up space. In 'Settings...' set your temporary Internet folder size to the smallest (mine's 10 MB).

If you want, also 'Delete Cookies'. You will have to re-login to things that you'd logged in before, but if you have your passwords handy that isn't a big deal.

If you want to go further, if you have Microsoft Office, there are other redundant (convenience) files that can go. Open My Documents and switch to local C drive. Locate Documents and Settings, {username**, Application Data, Microsoft, Office, and a folder called Recent. Those 'recent' documents are saved temporary copies of documents you've opened. They can be safely deleted, except for one. There is one file in there that won't delete even if you try, that is the index.dat.