• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Hebdo to attack Muslims again

ecco

Veteran Member
You are right I do support that, except for death penalty
Well, let's see if you support blasphemy laws or if you support blasphemy laws supporting Islam.

If a Christian in Pakistan yells out: "Mohammed was a liar", should that Christian be sentenced to life in prison at hard labor?

If a Muslim in the Vatican kneels down in prayer, should that Muslim be sentenced to life in prison at hard labor?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, they certaintly get their rules and laws from somehwere, don't they?
And there seems to be a very clear theme in islamic theocracies.

Why they don't then follow the letter of prophet Mohammad regarding not disturbing
the freedom of the Christians in the near and the far?

And then compare how that same Islam plummeted the islamic world in a dark age where they are still stuck in. Today, a single ivy league western university puts out more scientific papers annually then the entire middle east combined.

Go look at the list of nobel prize winners and count how many muslims are on there.

If you wish to attribute the islamic world's golden age, which lasted about 3 centuries only, to Islam, then you should be fair and also attribute the 10 centuries that followed after that to it.

But I bet you only attribute it to islam when it's a positive story, right?
When it sounds good, it's islam, if not it's due to something else.

Or otherwise put: "heads I win, tails you lose".

Islam is lost in the middle east nowadays, similar somehow to the lost of
Christianity and other religions in the world, they hold the name but not the religion.

Compare for example Iran which is following the Islamic rules, they are able to make
their own warplanes and have advanced research studies on developing weapons and sure
all realize that Iran is aiming to have the atomic bomb and of course it'll finally get it similar to Pakistan and India, nothing is impossible with the human mind.

ecco

Veteran Member
Islam does not espouse terrorism and suicide bombings. That's not part of the religion.
That's like saying Christianity does not support slavery. Remember, the Christian South went to war to protect the right to own slaves.

...have nothing to do with religion itself... Those things are all bound up in political and cultural climates

Can I get a nickel for every time a Christian has said that America's laws are based on Christian morals? If you want to take credit for good Christian morals becoming laws, then you have to take credit for things like the political approval of slavery also being based on Christian values.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Keep telling yourself that.

I assure you that none of the "shariah4belgium" people, the recruiting organization of ISIS fighters in belgium, were agents of Mossad.

:rolleyes:

These conspiracies never cease to amaze me. The length people will go to, simply in an effort to not see what is right in front of their eyes..............

It's politics, how can we be sure of facts while we're at home, did you see the orginization
and the reality behind them, we heard many stories about Muslims will change France,
Germany, USA, Great Britain .....etc.

Be aware Muslims are increasing in Europe, be aware Europe will be an Islamic continent
in the year so and so, it's all nonsense and meaningless stories, I don't believe it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why they don't then follow the letter of prophet Mohammad regarding not disturbing the freedom of the Christians in the near and the far?

If you would ask them, they will tell you that they do follow islam to the letter.
And then you'ld be left with the obvious no true scotsman that you're obviously working yourself upto.

Islam is lost in the middle east nowadays, similar somehow to the lost of
Christianity and other religions in the world, they hold the name but not the religion.

And that is your opinion - not theirs.

Compare for example Iran which is following the Islamic rules, they are able to make
their own warplanes and have advanced research studies on developing weapons and sure
all realize that Iran is aiming to have the atomic bomb and of course it'll finally get it similar to Pakistan and India, nothing is impossible with the human mind.

I included Iran in the total void of scientific progress.

But I think it's interesting that you think that Iran is a country that IS following the "real" "islamic rules". So, do you?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If you would ask them, they will tell you that they do follow islam to the letter.
And then you'ld be left with the obvious no true scotsman that you're obviously working yourself upto.

And that is your opinion - not theirs.

I included Iran in the total void of scientific progress.

But I think it's interesting that you think that Iran is a country that IS following the "real" "islamic rules". So, do you?

Read this article about science progress in Iran.

You shouldn't be surprised if you heard in the near future that Iran became a superpower.

ecco

Veteran Member
I do not know, because I have never seen it.
There is today not good to draw or paint Muhammad so that is what I speak about.
Paintings and other Images of Muhammed (Mohammed) from Muslim Countries or Cultures
In any case, the Quran is silent on the question of whether it is appropriate to paint a picture of Muhammed. There are, however, specific texts within the Hadith (collections of stories and sayings of Muhammed which have been passed down by others but which Muslims accept as authoritative). These sayings have been interpreted differently and applied inconsistently within the several branches of Islam. Within some Muslim communities images of Muhammed have proliferated, while in other Muslim communities figurative art of any kind has been prohibited.
0_01.jpg

Persian or central Asian illustration showing Muhammed teaching.​

Don't you find it strange that Christians and atheists know more about the religion you are defending than you do?

I don't believe for a second that it was Muslims behind 9/11 that was America them selvs.

There are two groups of people who espouse that argument:
  1. Conspiracy nut jobs.
  2. Muslims who must deny that their fellow Muslims did it.
You didn't know the Quran has no prohibitions regarding the printing of Muhammad.
You hadn't ever seen a painting of Muhammed.
You deny that Osama Bin Laded, a devout Muslim, planned the 9/11 attack.

Willful ignorance is not bliss. You should consider educating yourself on actual facts before posting on a forum.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No you didn't, tiz you with the wrong end of the stick. One of the reasons for brexit was to dump the human rights act, which incidentally, britain wrote.

There are several articles about it here
conservative s to ditch human rights act in uk - Google Search

The nhs nhs been under threat since before i left the UK with profitable departments bring sold off to Virgin etc the rest being drastically underfunded
Grace Blakeley: The Tories claim the NHS is not for sale – the truth is, it's already been sold
No.... To both.
Because of Brexit our government, the conservatives, will need to amend the HRA and will probably leave the EU Convention. Sure, the HRA was mostly Brit law, which we still have within our own Human Rights Act ... forget it's date just now.

And Grace Blakeley seems to have an agenda.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Correct. But must be covered of range, a country estate, pheasant or clay pigeon shoot is classed as a rang. Try carrying one uncovered in public and see the result.
Nothing new there.
Guns had to be covered so as to be inoperable 70 years ago.

[ QUOTE]Try getting a licence for a glock or beretta[/QUOTE]
Beretta? I've got mates here who own Beretta's.
You were better off just saying pistols are banned. Thank goodness.

Ignorant sarcasm ignored
Polite questions! Please!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Huh, what is this guy talking about?
This guy is referring to the laughable claim "Christianity suffers worse by far in this free society and it still stands,"
Why would you make such an assertion if you didn't want it to be part of the conversation?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Paintings and other Images of Muhammed (Mohammed) from Muslim Countries or Cultures
In any case, the Quran is silent on the question of whether it is appropriate to paint a picture of Muhammed. There are, however, specific texts within the Hadith (collections of stories and sayings of Muhammed which have been passed down by others but which Muslims accept as authoritative). These sayings have been interpreted differently and applied inconsistently within the several branches of Islam. Within some Muslim communities images of Muhammed have proliferated, while in other Muslim communities figurative art of any kind has been prohibited.
0_01.jpg

Persian or central Asian illustration showing Muhammed teaching.​

Don't you find it strange that Christians and atheists know more about the religion you are defending than you do?

There are two groups of people who espouse that argument:
  1. Conspiracy nut jobs.
  2. Muslims who must deny that their fellow Muslims did it.
You didn't know the Quran has no prohibitions regarding the printing of Muhammad.
You hadn't ever seen a painting of Muhammed.
You deny that Osama Bin Laded, a devout Muslim, planned the 9/11 attack.

Willful ignorance is not bliss. You should consider educating yourself on actual facts before posting on a forum.
I have just started to learn more then the basics of Islam, but I can still defend Islam because I see how happy my girlfriend is as a muslim, so bugger of with your negative words. I am tired of the atheists know more then you bullcrap.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No.... To both.
Because of Brexit our government, the conservatives, will need to amend the HRA and will probably leave the EU Convention. Sure, the HRA was mostly Brit law, which we still have within our own Human Rights Act ... forget it's date just now.

And Grace Blakeley seems to have an agenda.

No, Britain has no need to chicken out of the human rights act. It is not a EU thing but a European court thing. They want out do they get more control to treat Britain's like ****

Have you actually checked the difference between the two?

Agenda, you mean you don't agree with her?

Last edited:

ppp

I have just started to learn more then the basics of Islam, but I can still defend Islam because I see how happy my girlfriend is as a muslim, so bugger of with your negative words. I am tired of the atheists know more then you bullcrap.
Happiness does not truth make.

ppp

It's time you let others believe what they want, it's free to be a Muslim, it's free to be Christian or any other religious view. Just top it, I heard your view enough.
How am I stopping you from believing what you want? No seriously, you constantly complain about this. How am I stopping anyone from believing what they want?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How am I stopping you from believing what you want? No seriously, you constantly complain about this. How am I stopping anyone from believing what they want?
You do not stop me personally, but every single time you write an answer to someone who open a thread about religion or belief, you write negative negative negative.you haven't had one single post that has been positive toward any religion.
And you ask silly questions that seems to be to hurt or make fun of those who belief.
By the way you are not alone to be an atheist who have zero respect for other human beings.

You and other atheists are the reason RF is no fun anymore. I do not see any reason to have good religious discussions in RF anymore. Because it has become atheists rules forum.

Bye.