• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Russell and Joseph Rutherford

duvduv

Can anyone point out what JWs say about the harsh criticism of their opponents in their description of Russell and Rutherford as self-promoting individuals false prophets? I would be interested in point-by-point refutations of these harsh criticisms. Thanks.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
We really don’t dwell on the past, my friend.

I mean, the IBSA (as Jehovah’s Witnesses were known before 1931) celebrated Christmas, used the cross, and promoted other false teachings. Truth was being refined....and still is.

Just in the past three years, we’ve had over 20 adjustments in understanding!

Take care.

duvduv

You speak as though you are a Jehovah's Witness. I don't understand your point. Are you saying this as humor or seriously?
Also, how does the Watchtower Society refute the harsh criticism of Russell and Rutherford??

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You speak as though you are a Jehovah's Witness. I don't understand your point. Are you saying this as humor or seriously?
Also, how does the Watchtower Society refute the harsh criticism of Russell and Rutherford??
All I’m saying is, Russell died in 1916, Rutherford in ‘42.
Why would we bother to refute anything that long ago?

DW79

Only to the extent that it sheds light on what the religion is today and is based on.
No it doesn't. Not really. Just visit a meeting that gives a good idea of what JWS are all about. Or at least strive to be about anyway. All public. No collection plates.

Take care friend

Last edited: