• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changed my username

Yerda

Veteran Member
Following a few other members I've opted for a change. I post as Jaiket on almost every other forum/board thingy and thought I'd disguise myself under that here also. There's a tale behind the name but I can't be bothered explaining right now....

Oh aye, I used to be truthseekingsoul.

I'll now baptise my new username with some characteristic rambling....

Watch out for vicious rebel midsummer lemons, they can maim with little more than a wink. Don't eat unethically mowed lawns. Never enter into marriage with a bumble-bee (they're really cranky). Free the leprechauns (and stop pinching their gold, I know it's poorly hidden, but they have weak eyesight and use them rainbows as marker posts). Keep Christ out of christmas. Suicide bombers are people too. Michael Jackson did...I'll stop myself now.

robtex

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
Good name, Jaiket. Easier to type than Truthseekingsoul.
Looks like you tested that theory by typing both names in the same sentence. Way to do your homework Sunstone!!

Jaiket said:
Watch out for vicious rebel midsummer lemons, they can maim with little more than a wink. Don't eat unethically mowed lawns. Never enter into marriage with a bumble-bee (they're really cranky). Free the leprechauns (and stop pinching their gold, I know it's poorly hidden, but they have weak eyesight and use them rainbows as marker posts). Keep Christ out of christmas. Suicide bombers are people too. Michael Jackson did...I'll stop myself now.
Yep, it's him alright.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
Good name, Jaiket. Easier to type than Truthseekingsoul.
heheh - my sentiments too - though I must admit Lilithu had a point by saying there was 'something' about truthseekingsoul........;)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Well, I don't care what you call yourself...you'll always be 'Jimmy' to me.;)
That being the case, your name change has been far less disorienting than Deut's.

Yerda

Veteran Member
So, the name.

Firstly, the word 'jaiket' is a west-of-Scotland slang expression meaning 'jacket' - as in a coat.

"It's cold outside grab yer jaiket."

Anyway, I have a friend, Gillen, who is particularly spaced out by nature and several times worse on account of anti-epilepsy medication. Gillen, another friend and myself, were having a few beers and a laugh one evening when Jason Donovan (Australian actor/singer...allegedley) appeared on TV.

In trying to recall the name of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical 'Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat' the forever eloquent Gillen spat something to the effect of:

"That's that eejit who was in that thing, what was it called? Jesus and His Jaiket of Many Colours?"

That might not appear to be much, but the idea of the word 'Jaiket' up in lights, coupled with the gormless look on his face, almost killed me. My other friend and myself rolled about laughing for about an hour, my ribcage was truly in agony.

It's still a running joke between us, and top of Gillen's catalogue of 'I wish I hadn't said that' (which is quite a lengthy list).

So, that's why 'jaiket' is probably my favourite word, in any language.

I suppose you had to be there.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
It's funny how silly conversations can end up being the result of a made up word or one mispronounced; my dear Father (a Belgian) one day told Mum and me that he was going to put on his 'may west' because the rain was so bad.:D

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
michel said:
It's funny how silly conversations can end up being the result of a made up word or one mispronounced; my dear Father (a Belgian) one day told Mum and me that he was going to put on his 'may west' because the rain was so bad.:D
Actually, 'Mae West' is the slang term for a life preserver developed during WW2 for fliers...so called because it looks like you've got a fine set when you're wearing it.:D