• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ce*sored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Tha*k good*ess it was quickly e*ded.

Ce*sored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

According to a list compiled by the China Digital Times website, search terms blocked on Weibo, China’s Twitter, included:

- ‘Ten thousand years’ (万岁), which is China’s way of saying: ‘Long live!’ or ‘Viva!’

- ‘Disagree’ (不同意)

- ‘Xi Zedong’ (习泽东) - a hybrid of the names of Xi and Chairman Mao Zedong

- ‘Shameless’ (不要脸)

- ‘Lifelong’ (终身)

-‘Personality cult’ (个人崇拜)

-‘Emigrate (移民)

- ‘Immortality’ (长生不老)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Tha*k good*ess it was quickly e*ded.

According to a list compiled by the China Digital Times website, search terms blocked on Weibo, China’s Twitter, included:

- ‘Ten thousand years’ (万岁), which is China’s way of saying: ‘Long live!’ or ‘Viva!’

- ‘Disagree’ (不同意)

- ‘Xi Zedong’ (习泽东) - a hybrid of the names of Xi and Chairman Mao Zedong

- ‘Shameless’ (不要脸)

- ‘Lifelong’ (终身)

-‘Personality cult’ (个人崇拜)

-‘Emigrate (移民)

- ‘Immortality’ (长生不老)

I understand Sesame Street characters have staged street demonstrations in opposition which have turned into fur flying riots.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I wonder if Xi is thinking about Tiān jiàng dàrèn 天降大任 (Mandate of Heaven or if you censor it Ma*date of Heave*) like his predecessors did, because his actions appear to show it is not even a consideration....Also wonder if he is still rotating Generals like his predecessors....he was also considering taxing the Chinese people as well...they currently have none.... now that all by itself cold bring on the revolution..... add to that dictator for life and heavy oppression and censorship...especially in a time when virtually all Chinese have a smart phone...albeit limited and watched....have to watch this to see how it proceeds

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
The thing I've found most interesting about this particular news story is the fact that I've been seeing it everywhere, whereas the connected and to me more pressing story about the most powerful man on the planet seizing a perpetual throne seems to be barely covered in the American media. Most of my students were unaware of this having happened at all, judging by their reactions when it came up in class this morning.

Perhaps banning the letter "n" was a good way to distract the international media from the real issue at hand.