• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholics Only: Priest Judges EWTN as Satan for Their Comments on Pope Francis’ “Who Am I To Judge”

Who is the Pope to Judge? (multiple votes ok and desired)

• The Pope cannot Judge anyone, or any group of people, as Evil, no matter how Evil they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Pope can Judge Adolph Hitler as Evil.

• The Pope can Judge Conservative Catholics as Evil.

• The Pope can Judge pro-abortionists as Evil.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The Pope can only imply, not Judge, that certain, people or groups, are Evil.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The Pope can Judge sedevaticanism as Evil.

• .My Priest cannot Judge EWTN as Satan.

• The Pope can Judge Satan as Evil.

• The Pope can Judge President Biden as not being able to receive Holy Eucharist.

• The Pope cannot Judge anyone as not being able to receive Holy Eucharist.

• Total voters

Steven Merten

I went to Daily Mass today. My Priest was really going off on how EWTN was ‘Satan’, for their comments on Pope Francis’, “Who Am I To Judge”. So I am a little confused as to just who the Pope, my Priest, and fellow Christians, Can or Cannot, Judge as Evil. Help me out in the Poll or your comments.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Being a Catholic means so many thing.
It means to believe in what Catechism taught us.
It means to believe in Catholic dogmas.
It certainly doesn't mean to believe the pope is God. Especially when he does not speak ex cathedra.

Honestly, I have never cared what the Pope says or doesn't say. Not even when Wojtyła was pope.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
A pope, as all of us can do, can evaluate but not issue any final judgment.

EWTN has been heavily influenced by secular right-wing politics here in the States and it really shows on some if its programming.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Since sedevaticanism was brought up...I know there are people out there who condemn Vatican 2.
I do understand their plight.
But honestly...I would never enjoy a Mass in Latin. Never. My language is Italian.
Most Catholics enjoy the Mass in Spanish, in English, in French, etc...
Not in Latin.

Steven Merten

Ok, I have been doing some research. Pope Francis does Judge abortion as murder. The Church does Judge those procuring an abortion as Automatically Excommunicated. However, Pope Francis does not Judge Democrats, who lead millions of Catholic people into procure an abortion, as Satan. Pope Francis Judges EWTN as Satan, for being opposed to Pope Francis on the, Communion given to Pro-abortionists, big Catholic debate.

I thought 2 billion Christians were considered, ‘The Church’? Why is it Pope Francis’ Catholic debate opponents, who Pope Francis Judges as Satan attacking ‘The Church’, rather than Democratic leaders, leading many of our 2 billion Christians into committing murder through abortion, as Satan’s attack on ‘The Church’?

Pope Francis responds to attacks from EWTN, other church critics: ‘They are the work of the devil.’

Pope Francis remarked, "There is for example, a large Catholic television channel that has no hesitation in continually speaking ill of the pope." He said: "I personally deserve attacks and insults because I am a sinner, but the church does not deserve them. They are the work of the devil. I have also said this to some of them."

While Francis did not name the “large Catholic television channel” in his answer, his remark “I have also said this to some of them” offers a clue as to which station he was referring to.

Quoted From: Pope Francis responds to attacks from EWTN, other church critics: ‘They are the work of the devil.’

BREAKING...Pope Francis: “Abortion is murder” But Won’t Agree Joe Biden Should Be Denied Communion, Even Though He Advocates For Baby Genocide

"Abortion is murder.. Those who carry out abortions kill," he said. “At the third week after conception, often even before the mother is aware (of being pregnant), all the organs are already (starting to develop). It is a human life. Period. And this human life has to be respected. It is very clear,” he said.

“Scientifically, it is a human life,” he said.

Church law says a Catholic who procures an abortion automatically excommunicates themselves from the Church.

But there is no clear policy on Catholic politicians who say they have no choice as elected officials to support abortion rights even if they are personally opposed.

This has led to heated debates in the U.S. Church

Quoted from: BREAKING...Pope Francis: "Abortion is murder" But Won't Agree Joe Biden Should Be Denied Communion, Even Though He Advocates For Baby Genocide

Steven Merten

Whenever Church leaders start throwing out the, “Satan!” scare; I think of God Authorized Church Leaders wanting to silence Jesus’ teachings by calling Him Beelzebub.

Matthew 12:22 Jesus and Beelzebub.

Then they brought to him a demoniac who was blind and mute. He cured the mute person so that he could speak and see. All the crowd was astounded, and said, “Could this perhaps be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man drives out demons only by the power of Beelzebub, the prince of demons.”​

pearl

Since sedevaticanism was brought up...I know there are people out there who condemn Vatican 2.
I do understand their plight.

Their plight I do not understand. They are simply opposed to change without acknowledging the Church has a history of change. What I do not understand is the fact that the post Vatican II church is the same Church it has always been, the same teaching Church, the same authority, whether at Vatican I or Trent, 'Rome has spoken'.

But there is no clear policy on Catholic politicians who say they have no choice as elected officials to support abortion rights even if they are personally opposed.

What they are supporting is the US Constitution!

Steven Merten

Pope Francis: Donald Trump “is not Christian”

Pope Francis wasn't willing to advise Catholics on whether to vote for Donald Trump, but on the subject of his religious life, the pontiff suggested Trump is "not Christian," if some of the things he's said on immigration are true.

"For a religious leader to question a person's faith is disgraceful.
I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President," Trump said in the statement. "No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man's religion or faith."

Quoted from:
Pope Francis: Donald Trump "is not Christian" - CBS News

So who is right? Can Pope Francis Judge President Donald Trump as not being Christian?

metis

So who is right? Can Pope Francis Judge President Donald Trump as not being Christian?
According to Trump's last two pastors, he never once attended either one of their churches. Even his sister and niece says that Trump has never had respect for religion and considers it to reflect a weakness.

Also, I would also posit this: If it doesn't look like a duck, walk like a duck, or quack like a duck, maybe it's not a duck. Does Trump reflect basic Christian values? If supposedly so, what are they?

I'm not doing the judging-- only God can do that. However, just one calling themselves a "Christian" does not automatically make one a Christian. Jesus said his basic Two Commandments are to love God and to love our neighbors as ourselves, so do you see that love coming from Trump?

Steven Merten

According to Trump's last two pastors, he never once attended either one of their churches. Even his sister and niece says that Trump has never had respect for religion and considers it to reflect a weakness.

Also, I would also posit this: If it doesn't look like a duck, walk like a duck, or quack like a duck, maybe it's not a duck. Does Trump reflect basic Christian values? If supposedly so, what are they?

I'm not doing the judging-- only God can do that. However, just one calling themselves a "Christian" does not automatically make one a Christian. Jesus said his basic Two Commandments are to love God and to love our neighbors as ourselves, so do you see that love coming from Trump?

NAB LUKE 10:29 The Parable of the Good Samaritan.

But because he wished to justify himself, he said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?" Jesus replied, A man fell victim to robbers as he went down from Jerusalem to Jericho. They stripped and beat him and went off leaving him half-dead. A priest happened to be going down that road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side. Likewise a Levite came to the place, and when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side. But a Samaritan traveler who came upon him was moved with compassion at the sight. He approached the victim, poured oil and wine over his wounds and bandaged them. Then he lifted him up on his own animal, took him to an inn and cared for him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper with the instruction, 'Take care of him. If you spend more than what I have given you, I shall repay you on my way back.' Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to the robbers' victim? He answered, "The one who treated him with mercy." Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."

Hello Metis,

Jesus and the Father Command Christians to tithe to feed the poor. Jesus, in His ‘Sheep and the Goats’ parable, Jesus will burn in hell the Goats who do not love Jesus, through the least of His brothers, through feeding all the poor Lazarus's in the world. President Trump and we 330 million Americans spent about a trillion dollars caring for our domestic poor and another 48 billion on foreign aid.

I figure a proper tithe on Pope Francis and his 2 billion Christians on earth would be at least a trillion dollars. I believe that a trillion dollars from Jesus’ Kingdom of God, through loving, properly tithing, charitable hearts of Christians, would put an end to poverty. I figure Pope Francis and his 2 billion Christians give less than a measly $10 billion to love Jesus through the least of His brothers on earth. I don't see Pope Francis judging 2 billion Christians for murdering tens of millions of poor Lazarus's a year; through lack of proper Christian tithing. All I see are Church leader hypocrites, stepping to the other side of the road, to bypass the poor, in order to point their hypocritical, condemning fingers, at Good Samaritan America. The reason their are poor at our US boarders, is because Pope Francis is starving them in their own countries, through lack of proper Christian tithing.

In Jesus’ parable about Good Samaritan President Trump, and his 330 million Americans, stopping to care for the poor, while Priest Pope Francis, and his 2 billion Christians, step to the other side of the road to bypass helping the poor of the world, who do you say did the Christian thing?

Matthew 25

'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.' Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,

Please visit my other thread in this forum.

Catholics Only: How Quickly do Illegal Immigrants get on free, Vatican City State, healthcare?

metis

I figure a proper tithe on Pope Francis and his 2 billion Christians on earth would be at least a trillion dollars.
Aren't you aware the Pope Frances, who is a Jesuit, took a vow of poverty? Aren't you aware that the Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental charitable organization in the world?

In Jesus’ parable about Good Samaritan President Trump,...
You've got to be kidding. Even his own sister, who "the Donald" says he's the closest to, says that he's only for himself, thus has little to no empathy for others.

I'll end this conversation with you on this with this: one simply cannot believe in Jesus and Donald Trump since the latter shows no love and compassion towards others, which is the polar-opposite of what Jesus taught. Thus, you'll have to pick one or the other because trying to pick both would be a rather nasty case of "cognitive dissonance".

Since I don't think this is the appropriate forum for secular-political discussion or debate, this is my last post on this.

The Catholic Church does not enforce tithing like other churches who need to know exactly how much you make a year so they can get 10% .Its completely your decision in the Catholic Church The pope also does not benefit from the wealth of the church - Pope John Paul wouldn't even sleep in a bed he slept on a stone floor he practiced self-mortification as many of them did so it all depends on which pope you talk about.

The wealth in art work is not looked at in value - they are looked at as religious icons sacred not for sale nor ever will be for sale unless stolen so no profit will ever be made except for museum entrance fees - they also spend millions of dollars a year to keep them in good condition.

But there defiantly were some illegal activities going on with the bank - where ever there is money there is extreme temptation and people who bend to it being a catholic a priest or a pope does not make you immune to sin. The pope doesn't run daily financing of the Vatican its assigned to many other.

Ultimately Jesus will decide the fate of souls as taught by the church not any religious figure on earth only Jesus can see whats really in a persons heart and hidden away from everyone else.

pearl

The Catholic Church does not enforce tithing like other churches who need to know exactly how much you make a year so they can get 10% .Its completely your decision in the Catholic Church

One thing Catholics should keep in mind when giving, as all Christians we are required to give to charities, the poor, vulnerable, beyond what is required for stewardship.

TreeOfLife

One thing Catholics should keep in mind when giving, as all Christians we are required to give to charities, the poor, vulnerable, beyond what is required for stewardship.
I would suggest that we must believe in the parable of the talents.
With that said I/we should go and bring peace to others. Of course that peace comes in more forms than I can imagine. Since John 3;16 shows the magnitude of s loving G-d. Maybe we can show a little more too.