• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic - Christian (Same or Different)

Which are you?

• Catholic

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Christian

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Chance Kubeczka

Are Catholic and Christian the same, of are thy different?
0.gif

Having been raised Catholic, with an interval spent in nondenominational evangelical/fundamentalist Christianity
before returning to Catholicism, my observation is that, at least in practice, Catholicism comes with
more of the ceremonial / ritualistic bells n' whistles.

-

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Ugh. Ya gotta love the attitude characterized by those associated with "true Christianity." Makes you want to go right out and join up. :(

I know what you mean and how you feel.
However facts is facts.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think to answer that question correctly, one must compare the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church to the teachings and example of Christ, as revealed in the Bible.The answer then becomes obvious, IMO. (Matthew 7:16-23)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I think to answer that question correctly, one must compare the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church to the teachings and example of Christ, as revealed in the Bible.The answer then becomes obvious, IMO. (Matthew 7:16-23)
It does to me. The vast majority of the Catholics I have known are very loving and kind people. I'm pretty sure that's something Christ taught and exemplified.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** STAFF REMINDER ***

This thread was placed in "Same Faith Debates" meaning it was intended for Christians. Please keep that in mind, and don't respond to this thread if you are not part of that group. There is another sister thread the OP created for non-Christians to weigh in on here:

Catholicism .VS. Christianity | ReligiousForums.com
10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.

The Same Faith Debates subforum is specifically for debate between members of the same faith. Members that are not part of a same faith debate thread's selected faith may not post at all in those threads. The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
*** STAFF REMINDER ***

This thread was placed in "Same Faith Debates" meaning it was intended for Christians. Please keep that in mind, and don't respond to this thread if you are not part of that group. There is another sister thread the OP created for non-Christians to weigh in on here:

Catholicism .VS. Christianity | ReligiousForums.com
10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.

The Same Faith Debates subforum is specifically for debate between members of the same faith. Members that are not part of a same faith debate thread's selected faith may not post at all in those threads. The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple.
I'm a Christian.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Mod posts are not directed at any specific individual. If it doesn't apply to you, then you can continue posting in this thread.
Sorry. Just making sure. Thanks for your help in making sure the rules are followed. In all honesty, I always greatly appreciate it, even if I am in the wrong.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Ugh. Ya gotta love the attitude characterized by those associated with "true Christianity." Makes you want to go right out and join up. :(

Question: Do you feel your religion is correct in all ways? Even close to being
right according to scripture?