• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catching a Raven

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Kinda figured that they would see through the trap . It is said that with man wore black feathers and could fly , he still wouldn't be smart enough to be a Crow . :)

Druidus , you say that you are a Druid . Approach Raven as such . Your rewards will be greater . And not just with Raven . You will learn about yourself and life around you . Take time to listen , hear and learn .

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
There was a raven on one of the kids cartoons today. 'The great big book of everything, with everything inside, to see the world around us, this book's the perfect guide.'

A raven took off with a camera, and they had to get it back. Made me think of you.:D

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Have you seen this?
How to catch a Raven:
Take a white Rag, go outside,
stand still and don't move
Sooner or later the Raven is on it,
and won't let go!

k03_rav6.jpg

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
The full quote is
How to catch a Raven:
Take a white Rag, go outside,
stand still and don't move
Sooner or later the Raven is on it,
and won't let go!

Don't believe this Nonsense...
lol :p

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
good luck! :biglaugh:

Ravens are a pain in the butt to try to trick... they are tricksters themselves after all.

I have to agree with Kreeden, if you want to learn about Raven, do it with friendship and equality. So long as you want to catch one, they won't trust you. They are smart enough to read human body language, and know when you are up to something. ;)

wa:do

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I always find it easier to get closer to an animal if I study its physical and metaphysical natures. Ravens usually like to be talked to, and craning your head about to see them as they would be doing so to see you helps you to fit into their world. Also, calling upon the spirit of the Raven will not only give you insight into their behavior, it can have the ravens know that you are wanting to learn about them for higher purposes. With other animals, you might be able to trick them into thinking you are one of them, but ravens always know exactly what you are. It's one of the many things to like about 'em!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Feathers! Are you back to stay? Any help you could give me with Bear?

Well, I'm just feeding ravens now. Every day, I feed the ravens if I see them. I'm hoping to acclimatize them to my prescence, through this. I really hate how some people shoot them here...

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Well said Feathers . :) I see that you have had experiences with Wind Dancer . Cool .

Bear ? Well , if Bear whistles , leave ... at once . :) I assume that you are refering to the Polar Bear Druidus ? All Bears share aspects , but each differ somewhat . Don't know much about the Great White Wanderer really . If you are trying to get close to them , remember two things . They are LARGE , and they are FAST . { much faster then most think } .

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Bear ? Well , if Bear whistles , leave ... at once .
smile.gif
I assume that you are refering to the Polar Bear Druidus ? All Bears share aspects , but each differ somewhat . Don't know much about the Great White Wanderer really . If you are trying to get close to them , remember two things . They are LARGE , and they are FAST . { much faster then most think } .
Feathers was helping me contact my totem animal, just as she began moving. I think it is bear (a couple of dreams I had first gave me the inklings. Just read my journal. Then there were some coincedences, which are still occurring, though at a slower pace), and specifically, the polar bear.

Crystallas

It seems like you allready know the information that you seek and you know what to do to obtain one. I would have to be a hypocrate to say that I think you have no right to capture a raven to study since I do eat meat(atleast thats the way I see it for myself.)

Good luck, and dont forget to do a deed for the bird for as much as it does for you(like hook em up with some bling bling... or just some shots) :)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I eat meat , but don't feel at all like a hypocrate saying that I don't believe in torturing others . If I kill , I kill as quickly and cleanly as possible , and for a reason other then enjoyment . I also respect the creature then gives it's life so I can live , even if that creature is a plant .

Yea , I kinda figured that was your interest in Bear Druidus . :) Both Bear and Raven are powerful Totems . Brother and Sister in my opinion . Both creatures of the West , of the Shadows . Where Raven Light Bringer goes into the Shadows { you do know the story ? } , Bear spends half of his life living there . So if Bear enters your life , expect a lot of inward journeys .

But remember . There are NO weak Totems . Each have their stenghts and weaknesses . And they are all inter-related in some way . It is more then just finding a favorite creature and saying this is my Totem . That is just a begining .

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I eat meat , but don't feel at all like a hypocrate saying that I don't believe in torturing others . If I kill , I kill as quickly and cleanly as possible , and for a reason other then enjoyment .
But do you kill the meat you eat?

I also respect the creature then gives it's life so I can live , even if that creature is a plant .
That's a given. I respect all beings anyway, but to a plant that gives its life for me (albeit without suffering), I give an extra amount of respect.

Yea , I kinda figured that was your interest in Bear Druidus .
smile.gif
Both Bear and Raven are powerful Totems . Brother and Sister in my opinion . Both creatures of the West , of the Shadows . Where Raven Light Bringer goes into the Shadows { you do know the story ? } , Bear spends half of his life living there . So if Bear enters your life , expect a lot of inward journeys .
Kreeden, you seem knowledgable about this. Could you help me while Feathers is away?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I'm not sure that I am that knowledgable Druidus , but perhaps we could learn a bit from each other ? Feathers has had training in this sort of thing , I have not . Not really . Read a couple of books .... took what applied to me , left the rest .

Tell you what , I will PM you .

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Actually, you hit it pretty much spot-on already, Kreeden! (And wonderful point about there being no weak totems. It's amazing how many creatures look 'small' but have strength and wisdom that we can barely fathom. Or, as NetDoc might say, bear-ly! :) )

I was reading something the other night, having to do with why raven and bear, both powerful healers, dance together. I'll have to go get the book and tell the story again. (Makes me wish I had internet access nearby even more!)