• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam rereleases Tea For The Tillerman

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't claim that he didn't say things that he regretted.
I'm just glad that I am not famous, and being hounded all the time.

Is Yusuf Islam supposed to be G-d? Is he allowed to make a mistake?
On one side, he had the community advising him as a new Muslim, and on the other, the western culture/media .. his roots.
He just wants to be left alone, and remembered for positive things.

Me?
I'm not famous. Yet satan still hisses at me :(

Satan has the whole world in his hand in this time and very few are free from his control.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I didn't claim that he didn't say things that he regretted.
I'm just glad that I am not famous, and being hounded all the time.

Is Yusuf Islam supposed to be G-d? Is he allowed to make a mistake?
On one side, he had the community advising him as a new Muslim, and on the other, the western culture/media .. his roots.
He just wants to be left alone, and remembered for positive things.

Me?
I'm not famous. Yet satan still hisses at me :(

It would be great if he retracted his "mistake"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It doesn't surprise me in the least, that the subject causes people to be emotional, on both sides of this debate.

The Satanic verses?
Rather provocative, I would have thought.

Leave me out of it.
"I seek refuge with G-d from the cursed satan !"
What of the Satanic Verses? Censorship is wrong. Blasphemy laws are wrong. Death for blasphemy is evil.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
His Muslim community will disavow him if he does. This is what you guys don't understand about how Muslims are bullied into "consensus" of the "scholars".
The Ummah isn't a monolithic group where everyone agrees. And think about this. He's siding with extremists. They are a MINORITY of Muslims.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Ummah isn't a monolithic group where everyone agrees.

Very few think for themselves. And they aren't vocal against scholars where scholars go wrong if they know they go wrong in places.

You are right, but I'm talking about majority of every sect.

Islam is hidden today, Quran is among the people but not among them. Quran and it's people unkown.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Very few think for themselves. And they aren't vocal against scholars where scholars go wrong if they know they go wrong in places.

You are right, but I'm talking about majority of every sect.

Islam is hidden today, Quran is among the people but not among them. Quran and it's people unkown.
The "scholars" issuing death fatwas do not control the Ummah, they are a minority, and their influence is non existent outside of extremist circles.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The "scholars" issuing death fatwas do not control the Ummah, they are a minority, and their influence is non existent outside of extremist circles.

They be a minority, but are followed by the majority.

They do control the umma, they not supposed to, but they do.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In the olden days before science. Men would never have sung any of the songs.

In reality man says I search for science answers in sounds and songs and words of my brother's music. As a spiritual man.

Based on.

The church a building was built after temple sciences not using sound techniques blew up. The phi building resonances assisted humans irradiated brains and bodies cells.

They wrote about it in the bible. Must be why they confused it with technology. How to heal a science caused signal. Never Phi was fallout.

As men apply meaning to a measure in thinking.

Called resonance therapy. Not even exact healing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My experience with Muslims, is majority believe in extreme laws including death for apostacy or if they don't, they are too quiet in letting the scholars teach that.
Most Muslim scholars don't teach that. The extremists do, but the vast majority of scholars and Imams do not.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are speaking about treason. Treason is punishable by death.
It is not treason if somebody leaves Islam. It's treason if they "switch sides" in a war.

This is not the stance of most scholars. It's "treason" if you leave the religion, not simply switch sides.

muhammad_isa

This is not the stance of most scholars. It's "treason" if you leave the religion, not simply switch sides.

To me, that only goes to show that those people [ in whatever country ] feel insecure in some way.
I can understand that, as the world wars have brought turmoil to many countries.

It is a little bit like the "cold war" between US & USSR. We were always hearing of "defectors" from both sides.