• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlton Pearson and Come Sunday

Kirran

Premium Member
I watched a film called Come Sunday recently. It was mentioned by another forum member, not 100% who now. Do come forward.

I actually quite liked it. It's a dramatisation/simplification of a period in the life of Carlton Pearson, a big Evangelical preacher who experienced hearing God's voice and from that coming to believe in universal salvation, rather than that people who didn't have faith in Christ and become born-again would be in hell everlasting. He also had somewhat heterodox views on the Bible, by evangelical standards. The film was pretty cool, but to be honest I preferred reading articles about the man himself, such this one.

He's done some TV appearances since too, and during his and his much-reduced congregation's "time in the wilderness" they looked again at lots of things, including homosexuality and so forth. His congregation became a part of a Unitarian Universalist Church, and I think Pearson himself is now affiliated with the more Christ-centred New Thought streams.

At first, I'd thought to put this in 'Resources', but maybe somebody has some thoughts on the man, or has seen the film, or whatever, and wants to talk about it :)

David T

Premium Member
. Due to his stated belief in universal reconciliation, Pearson rapidly began to lose his influence in ministry with the Joint College of African-American Pentecostal Bishops.

Hate in the name of God is a great uniter... it's colour blind apparently.