• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardero vs. Mrscardero

cardero

Citizen Mod
Joel Hodgson Vs. Mike Nelson
It seems that there is unrest in the cardero household and peace cannot be restored until the issue is settled. We sleep in separate beds, we cook for ourselves and basically no one is talking to each other because of these two men:

Joel.jpg

Joel Hodgson

And

Mike Nelson

It got a little out of hand yesterday when I installed the traditional Christmas movie Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. The movie is a tradition in the cardero household for many years, who knew my wife would turn out to be such a blasphemous curd who cannot stand Joel Hodgson, the beloved first janitor of Gizmonic Institute, who did a good job cleaning up the place but his bosses didn’t like him so they shot him into space? My wife is so disagreeable to Joel Hodgson (not understandable) and watching any of the MST3K movies (understandable) with Joel in them that she quickly ejected the disc from our DVD player and in the joyous Christmas spirit, threw it across the room only to be shattered in a million unfulfilled Christmas dreams.

I of course I am representing the sleepy-eyed Joel Hodgson camp, after all, he was the first and most funniest victim of the Mystery Science Theater experiments and I believe he is the most popular of the two and what made that series so successful.

Mrscardero is taking the Mike Nelson side, probably for some silly, unreasonable girly reason like he is cute or something.

I could use everyone’s help, so if anyone has any thing they would like to add to this debate please feel free to pipe in. I would like to have mrscardero proven wrong before the Christmas season so we can resume our marriage and most importantly, I can once again resume the tight executive control of our entertaining scheduled television programming.

I will begin with my testimony by saying that Joel Hodgson is the definitive victim of the Satellite Of Love because:

1) He adores the robots (Crow and Tom Servo) and never lets them take advantage of him.
2) Joel likes to do funny things in the theater, like kiss the actors when they have close-ups and hang off peoples ties and interact with the movie screen.
3) Joel had more interesting invention exchanges and reads letters from viewers, something Mike Nelson quickly phased out once he became a victim on the satellite of love.

That’s all for now, I will give mrscardero a chance to rebuttal (yeah right).

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero said:
It seems that there is unrest in the cardero home and peace cannot be restored until the issue is settled. We sleep in separate beds, we cook for ourselves and basically no one is talking to each other because of these two men:

Resistance is Futile Joel Lover! You love him so much you are starting to look like him. That's why you are sleeping on the couch.

The movie is a tradition in the cardero household for many years, who knew my wife was such a blasphemous curd who cannot stand Joel Hodgson the beloved first janitor of Gizmonic Institute, who did a good job cleaning up the place but his bosses didn’t like him so they shot him into space?

It's such a tradition you must watch it by yourself cause I don't watch it.

It got a little out of hand yesterday when I installed the traditional Christmas movie Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. My wife is so disagreeable to Joel Hodgson (not understandable) and watching any of the MST3K movies (understandable) with Joel in them that she quickly ejected the disc from our DVD player and in the joyous Christmas spirit, threw it across the room only to be shattered in a million unfulfilled Christmas dreams.

It was the wine talking. Seriously. It's not that Joel is not a good actor. He's a...how do I put this in a spirit of Christmas way. He looks like he's drunk all the time. Oh! One more thing. What is with his voice? It's the same tune. Like, he just smoked a big one. Come on!

I of course am representing the sleepy-eyed Joel Hodgson camp, after all, he was the first and most funniest victim of the Mystery Science Theater experiments and I believe he is the most popular of the two and what made that series so successful.

Sleepy-eyed. More like I'm Bored-eyed Joel get me the heck off this show. I know that his look was a holdover from the pilot, which he was exhausted while filming because he hadn't slept for four days. Popular! I think NOT! The only ones who will agree with you that comes over this house is Ralph. He loves MST and I am sure he loves Joel too. But Mike is the one.

Mrscardero is taking the Mike Nelson side, probably for some silly, unreasonable girly reason like he is cute or something.

Ummm...Have you read my MySpace profile? Bi!!! The only man I think is cute or SOMETHING is...not too make your head swell or anything…is you.

Mike Nelson in addition to being the second host of the cult TV series "Mystery Science Theater 3000", he also played a variety of additional characters, including the late bodybuilder and Hercules star Steve Reeves. He was already known to viewers for his special guest appearances as Jack Perkins, Michael Feinstein, Gamera, Mothra, Morressey, Torgo and any number of hexfield viewscreen guests.

Where is he now? (June 2002) Living in Minneapolis area, writing essays about bad movies, etc. for magazines and online magazines. Has two books of collected essays published.
(April 2004) Provides commentary tracks for Off Color Films' colorized DVD releases. Has currently done "Reefer Madness," "Night of the Living Dead," "Carnival of Souls," "House on Haunted Hill," and "Plan 9 From Outer Space."
(August 2006) Recently moved from Minnesota to San Diego, California.

I could use everyone’s help, so if anyone has any thing they would like to add to this debate please feel free to pipe in. I would like to have mrscardero proved wrong before the Christmas season so we can resume our marriage and most importantly, I can once again resume the tight executive control of our traditional scheduled television programming.

You need all the help you can get cause last night, I won the battle baby!!

Mike Nelson 121 Episodes from 1990-1999

Your Joel 82 Episodes 1988-1999

Reason why Joel chose Mike.

Joel Hodgson chose Mike Nelson to be his replacement as the host of Mystery Science Theater 3000 because he was impressed with his leadership skills, his music skills and the fact that he looked great standing next to the show's puppets.

cmts.jpg

What I found.

Hodgson, who had created the series and labored on it ceaselessly for five years, asked off the show, pleading burnout. Hodgson, a shy person, was also reportedly very uncomfortable in front of the camera, and even more uncomfortable with his growing fame. In the press release announcing his departure, Hodgson noted: "I think it was Adam West who once said that if you stay in the same costume too long, you eventually find yourself signing autographs at the R. V. show."

Where is Joel now?

(January 2003) Working on The Jimmy Kimmel Show
(March 2006) Supervising Producer of "Everything You Need to Know"

Joel will be missed. But not by me.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mrscardero writes: Resistance is Futile Joel Lover! You love him so much you are starting to look like him. That's why you are sleeping on the couch.
Sleeping with Wikipedia and other internet information sites instead of following the teachings of your experienced husband (for a change) does not excuse you from your erroneous behavior or your Philistine ramblings.

While you were researching your precious Mike Nelson you have failed to acknowledge the other part of this debate.

HIS HUMBLE BEGINNINGS

Stand-Up Comedy

Starting out as a comedian/magician/spy Joel Hodgen’s was destined for stardom. Performing as a stand up comedian in north-western comedy circuits, Joel quickly carved out a unique niche for himself as a bizarre and quirky personality. He was instantly recognized for his off-beat brand of comedy and was hired by the producers of Saturday Night Live and enjoyed a performing stint for awhile before creating his own show MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EQI9xS2ltI

THE KTMA YEARS
In 1988 Joel Hodgson was recreating the TV Universe with his own cable access program Mystery Science Theater 3000 which aired on a UHF channel out of Minnesota. Joel built the props, most likely wrote the scripts and breathed life into the robots of Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, Gypsy and Cambot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SFPdQx9Eo&mode=related&search=

And what was Mike Nelson doing while Joel was creating the most celebrated show in the history of television? Well... let’s have a look.

mikeNelson1.JPG

He was working as a temp in a cheese factory.

Mrscardero writes: Oh! What is with his voice? It's the same tune. Like, he just smoked a big one. Come on!
That’s his SCHTICK!!! Haven’t you ever heard of Stephen Wright or Bob(cat) Goldthwait? They made their livelihood with their voices.

Mrscardero writes: It's such a tradition you must watch it by yourself cause I don't watch it.
Two TV’s, two DVD players, this can be arranged but I guarantee you will eventually come looking for me (she hates it when I am having a better time without her).:p

Mrscardero writes: Sleepy-eyed. More like I'm Bored-eyed Joel get me the heck off this show. I know that his look was a holdover from the pilot, which he was exhausted while filming because he hadn't slept for four days.Popular! I think NOT!
The only ones who will agree with you that comes over this house is Ralph.
YOU LEAVE RALPH OUT OF THIS!!! IF Ralph wants to pipe in, he knows exactly where RF is and where he left his membership and how to log on.
Mrscardero writes:He loves MST and I am sure he loves Joel too. But Mike is the one.
Ralph will tell you the same thing I am telling you; That you can’t compare Gods to apostles.
Mrscardero writes: Mike Nelson in addition to being the second host of the cult TV series "Mystery Science Theater 3000", he also played a variety of additional characters, including the late bodybuilder and Hercules star Steve Reeves. Hewas already known to viewers for his special guest appearances as Jack Perkins, Michael Feinstein, Gamera, Mothra, Morressey, Torgo and any number of hexfield viewscreen guests.
My point exactly. Mike Nelson was a “walk on character”. Mike Nelson had many behind the scene responsibilities too but he WASN’T THE STAR. Even after he took Joel’s place he always played second fiddle/banana to the robots.
mike13.JPG

(Or had you simply forgotten the embarrassment and the humility of Crow and Servo turning Mike into the annoying Mikey character from Teenage Strangler?)

Mrscardero writes: You need all the help you can get cause last night, I won the battle baby!!
Mike Nelson 121 Episodes from 1990-1999

Your Joel 82 Episodes 1988-1999
Oh very nice!! The old argument of quantity over quality. This will get you far in your debate.
You are also forgetting that the highest rated show during Mike Nelson’s stint was the end of the season episode (1001 Soultaker) when news spread that Joel was to make a guest appearance on that show. Proof is always in the ratings.

Mrscardero writes: Reason why Joel chose Mike.
Joel Hodgson chose Mike Nelson to be his replacement as the host of Mystery Science Theater 3000 because he was impressed with his leadership skills, his music skills and the fact that he looked great standing next to the show's puppets.
So did Gypsy and the empty silhouetted theater seats, what’s your point?

Mrscardero writes: Where is Joel now?
I can assure you he’s not signing autographs in a jumpsuit at any boat shows!!
Where’s Mike Nelson? Gathering up his show time Buddies doing the same thing he should be doing on TV. Not that I am ungrateful for his Rifftrax series or his upcoming commentary projects and I do miss the show and the robots but Mike Nelson is simply and purely locked into typecast.

Mrscardero writes: (January 2003) Working on The Jimmy Kimmel Show
(March 2006) Supervising Producer of "Everything You Need to Know"
In an effort to fault someone for branching out towards new experiences, I see you also conveniently left out his critically acclaimed TV Wheel Show.

Mrscardero writes: Joel will be missed. But not by me
You haven’t heard the last of Joel, he’ll show you, he’ll show you all!!

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero said:
Starting out as a comedian/magician/spy Joel Hodgen’s was destined for stardom. Performing as a stand up comedian in north-western comedy circuits, Joel quickly carved out a unique niche for himself as a bizarre and quirky personality.

Oh Yeah! Where is he now? He is too shy to be in the spot light. He doesn't do comedy acts in front of the audience any more. If he did, why aren't you there supporting him and getting his autograph? Come on. Just admit it. You want to win this debate. But what's there to debate? Mike is still around and Joel is no where to be found.

THE KTMA YEARS
In 1988 Joel Hodgson was recreating the TV Universe with his own cable access program Mystery Science Theater 3000 which aired on a UHF channel out of Minnesota. Joel built the props, most likely wrote the scripts and breathed life into the robots of Tom Servo, Crow T. Robot, Gypsy and Cambot.

1988? I was only ten. That's nice he built his own props. I make your dinner. What's your point?

And what was Mike Nelson doing while Joel was creating the most celebrated show in the history of television?

Question here is, what did mike do when Joel left the show.
What did Mike Nelson do for MST3K?
Mike Nelson is one of the country's premier comedy writers. A critic's favorite as long time host and head writer for the legendary Mystery Science Theater 3000, Mike led the writing staff to three Emmy nominations, four Cable ACE nominations, and received the prestigious Peabody Award for Excellence in Broadcasting. The show was also honored with a special induction into the Museum of Television and Radio.

Mike also wrote much of the music for the series and eventually shared directing duties.

That’s his SCHTICK!!! Haven’t you ever heard of Stephen Wright or Bob(cat) Goldthwait? They made their livelihood with their voices.

Who?

Two TV’s, two DVD players, this can be arranged but I guarantee you will eventually come looking for me (she hates it when I am having a better time without her).:p

Hate is such a strong word. I guarantee you. I will be more comfortable in the bedroom with pillows and comforters. I am not sure how comfortable the couch is. Oh wait. You should know. You're on it all the time.
031.gif

YOU LEAVE RALPH OUT OF THIS!!! IF Ralph wants to pipe in, he knows exactly where RF is and where he left his membership and how to log on.
Ralph will tell you the same thing I am telling you; That you can’t compare Gods to apostles.

Gods to apostles? Umm....Those voices in your head telling you to type this?
If Ralph wants to pipe in, I will talk to him next Saturday when we he comes over so that we can really have a one on one debate. Let's see who cooks your snacks that day.

My point exactly. Mike Nelson was a “walk on character”. Mike Nelson had many behind the scene responsibilities too but he WASN’T THE STAR. Even after he took Joel’s place he always played second fiddle/banana to the robots.

So what if Mike started out in the bottom before he really became more famous then Joel. Every one starts at the bottom. You work your way up. There's nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with being second fiddle/banana to the robots. I thought it was funny.

And for your information, he was on Sea Hunt. It was an Americantelevision adventure series from pioneering syndicator Ziv TV that ran from 1958 to 1961 and was popular in repeats for decades afterwards. It followed the adventures of scuba diver Mike Nelson, an ex-Navy frogman turned freelance diver, played by Lloyd Bridges

(Or had you simply forgotten the embarrassment and the humility of Crow and Servo turning Mike into the annoying Mikey character from Teenage Strangler?)

You laughed at this one. Don't say you didn't. Say it! SAY IT!
Animated_hammer_hitting_nail.gif

Oh very nice!! The old argument of quantity over quality. This will get you far in your debate.
You are also forgetting that the highest rated show during Mike Nelson’s stint was the end of the season episode (1001 Soultaker) when news spread that Joel was to make a guest appearance on that show. Proof is always in the ratings.

Look who's talking about argument of quantity over quality. Why you gotta copy me with your highest rating argument.

I can assure you he’s not signing autographs in a jumpsuit at any boat shows!!

No...he's writting books. His wife is a comedian and he has two children.

Where’s Mike Nelson? Gathering up his show time Buddies doing the same thing he should be doing on TV. Not that I am ungrateful for his Rifftrax series or his upcoming commentary projects and I do miss the show and the robots but Mike Nelson is simply and purely locked into typecast.

I know you are greatful for his Rifftrax because you watch them. But I notice that you laugh more with Mike then you do with Joel. I have seen some MST with Joel, but I know you well enough that you laugh more...I mean more...with Mike. Just admit it. You know I am right but you won't admit it. You can't face the fact that I,....ME!....your wife, is right. You may have years on me with this show, but I know who's funny and who's not.

You haven’t heard the last of Joel, he’ll show you, he’ll show you all!!

I know. I know. It's not the end of the show because you have to be RIGHT. Don't worry. I'll take it easy on you. :flirt:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
*grabs banana flavored popcorn and listens in*

After much ping-pongish head turning watching the battle rage on.....I am siding with Mrs. C. It's very clear evidence from this transparent line unwittingly unveiled,

"most importantly, I can once again resume the tight executive control of our entertaining scheduled television programming."

that Mr. C is on a tyrannical campaign toward dictatorship of the Cardero household mainly through absconding of the TV. Efforts must be taken now to free Mrs. C of his brainwashing control! Besides, Mike Nelson IS cuter!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Buttercup said:

After much ping-pongish head turning watching the battle rage on.....I am siding with Mrs. C. It's very clear evidence from this transparent line unwittingly unveiled,

"most importantly, I can once again resume the tight executive control of our entertaining scheduled television programming."

that Mr. C is on a tyrannical campaign toward dictatorship of the Cardero household mainly through absconding of the TV. Efforts must be taken now to free Mrs. C of his brainwashing control! Besides, Mike Nelson IS cuter!

That’s because mrscardero has relinquished a sense of trust about what I program for her on TV. We designated these areas when we moved in together. On mrscardero’s request I am not supposed to go anywhere near the kitchen and mrscardero wholeheartedly has faith in my entertainment values. Sometimes my tastes in movies can get very surreal but one thing mrscardero can never complain about is that my movies are boring or unoriginal. There is never a dull moment when the remote is in my hand. I take specific note on mrscarderos likes and dislikes and cater to her moods and preferences and every movie is previewed before she sees it so I know that quality prevails. Besides if mrscardero was in control of the remote I would have to contend with such drudge as:

Law And Order
Law And Order: Special Victims’s Unit
Law And Order: Criminal Intent
Law And Order: Crimes and Misdemeanors
Law And Order: Felonius Monk
Law And Order: Domestic Disputes
Law And Order: 90125
Law And Order: Forensics
Law And Order: Miami
Law And Order: NY
Law And Order: Crime Scene Investigation

Yesterday she wanted me to watch The Polar Express. She would watch The Polar Express over such renowned classics as Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. Clearly the woman doesn’t have her priorities in order.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Buttercup said:

*Takes a seat beside Buttercup and grabs some popcorn, enamoured with the debate.*

I don't know who I'm rooting for. :areyoucra

ChrisP

Veteran Member
cardero said:
Law And Order

That is truly a Terrible fate Mr. C.

I wish you well in your Quest, adventurer... women are the most feared adversary of them all!

cardero

Citizen Mod
ChrisP said:
That is truly a Terrible fate Mr. C.

I wish you well in your Quest, adventurer... women are the most feared adversary of them all!
There's three things everyone must always remember about mrscardero
1. Never feed her after midnight.
2. Never expose her to sunlight.
3. Never give her the remote control.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mrscardero writes: 1988? I was only ten. That's nice he built his own props. I make your dinner. What's your point?
The point is that it is CARDERO TRADTION and you are by law (and in the eyes of GOD) now a CARDERO. Every year it is a household tradition to watch the MST3K version of Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (like it will be our children’s tradition and their children’s tradition). It is only 90 minutes compared to the 3 hour visits that I accompany you to your mother/cousin's for Christmas Eve :rolleyes:, and guess which one offers a better experience?

Mrscardero writes: Come on. Just admit it. You want to win this debate. But what's there to debate?
That’s what I would like to know. It’s MST3K!!! It is the most enjoyable 2 hours that ever graced TV!! The movies demand repeated viewings and always provide fun and amusement!! There is no hidden agenda, no inconsistent episodes, you get one real turkey of a movie and one human and two robots riffing some very humorous commentary. It really doesn’t matter if it is Mike or Joel-IT’S MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!!! It’s all good for you!! Your perspective is flawed, your argument is illogical. What your basically insinuating is that if you were Catholic, you would refuse to approach the alter to receive Holy Communion because you do not like the priest. That’s absurd.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
cardero said:
There's three things everyone must always remember about mrscardero
1. Never feed her after midnight.
2. Never expose her to sunlight.
3. Never give her the remote control.
Oh Cardero, I am sooooooooo sorry! I gave her some of my banana covered beetles last night for a snack. Please forgive me! :eek:

Gizmo.jpg

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Buttercup said:
Oh Cardero, I am sooooooooo sorry! I gave her some of my banana covered beetles last night for a snack. Please forgive me! :eek:

Gizmo.jpg

I must spread joy around before being able to give you joy for this scary but cute picture.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero said:
The point is that it is CARDERO TRADTION and you are by law (and in the eyes of GOD) now a CARDERO. Every year it is a household tradition to watch the MST3K version of Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (like it will be our children’s tradition and their children’s tradition).

I may be a Cardero, but I am no MALE Cardero. I am WOMAN Cardero. I do as I please. What pleases me is to not watch Joel or SCCM. :no: I don't remember watching SCCM last year.

It is only 90 minutes compared to the 3 hour visits that I accompany you to your mother/cousin's for Christmas Eve :rolleyes:, and guess which one offers a better experience?

90 minutes too long. Why would I want to watch SCCM? Santa Clause don't conquer anyone or anything. He goes around putting gifts under Christmas trees for children. I can't mix Santa with Aliens. Sorry.

You never accompany me to my mother/cousin's. I make excusses for you so that you don't have to spend any time with my koo koo family. If you want, you can do your tradition of watching SCCM and I will go to my mother/cousin's on Christmas Eve. Don't bother me none. Atleast I will get food and gifts. Don't forget to put some holes on your TV dinner to let some steam in.

Your perspective is flawed, your argument is illogical.

My perspective is not flawed nor my argument illogical. You just can't face the fact that you are the only one arguing that Joel is better then Mike. Have you noticed that no matter how much we debate about this, that I will never.......I mean NEVER!!!....watch SCCM or anything with Joel? You can't make me:no: All I had to do that night when you put the movie on is say, "I don't want to watch this." What did you do? Plug in the PS2 and play Kingdom Hearts. That was better then having to watch SCCM.

What your basically insinuating is that if you were Catholic, you would refuse to approach the alter to receive Holy Communion because you do not like the priest. That’s absurd

That's sooooo wrong. You can't use religion examples on me.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero said:
That’s because mrscardero has relinquished a sense of trust about what I program for her on TV.

That's not true. You threaten me with, "I'll go in the other room and watch my movie since you're watching your show."
You know how much I like spending time with you since our schedule changed :( .

On mrscardero’s request I am not supposed to go anywhere near the kitchen

But you still manage to put your feet in my kitchen and your hands in the cookie jar.

mrscardero wholeheartedly has faith in my entertainment values. Sometimes my tastes in movies can get very surreal but one thing mrscardero can never complain about is that my movies are boring or unoriginal.

Are you talking about this wife or another wife? You tortured me with Double D Avenger. What a horrible movie that was. I couldn't believe you made me watch that. Yes, I have to admit that you have shown me some movies that were interesting, but there were a few that I just wanted to take the remote and :foot:

There is never a dull moment when the remote is in my hand.

That's because you always take the remote while I am in the kitchen cooking. The only time you actually switch the channel for me is when I ask you to put on Spongebob.

I take specific note on mrscarderos likes and dislikes and cater to her moods and preferences and every movie is previewed before she sees it so I know that quality prevails.

Then you should know never to put on any MST3k with Joel or SCCM.

Besides if mrscardero was in control of the remote I would have to contend with such drudge as:

Law And Order

I wait for you to leave so I can watch these shows :p

Yesterday she wanted me to watch The Polar Express.

Yeah! You threatened to leave the living room and go in the other room. So what did I do to make you stay? I recorded the movie so that you didn't have to suffer watching it and I got you to stay in the living room.

She would watch The Polar Express over such renowned classics as Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. Clearly the woman doesn’t have her priorities in order.

You just don't know me. :cool:

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Tigress said:

*Takes a seat beside Buttercup and grabs some popcorn, enamoured with the debate.*

I don't know who I'm rooting for. :areyoucra

ANIMATED_cheerleaders_1_.gif

Give me an M.... Give me an R.... Give me an S.... Give me a C....
What's that Spell?

MRSC!!!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mrscardero writes:I may be a Cardero, but I am no MALE Cardero. I am WOMAN Cardero. I do as I please. What pleases me is to not watch Joel or SCCM. I don't remember watching SCCM last year.
We will have to remedy that by watching it twice this year.
Mrscardero writes: 90 minutes too long. Why would I want to watch SCCM? Santa Clause don't conquer anyone or anything. He goes around putting gifts under Christmas trees for children. I can't mix Santa with Aliens. Sorry.
This coming from someone who can mix shaved ice, sugar, mung, kidney, gabanzo beans, plantains, jackfruit, sweet potato, custard, tapioca, crushed rice, papayas, purple yam (what the hell is a purple yam!!!) kiwifruit and evaporated milk to make and eat a ?dessert? called Halo Halo.

Mrscardero writes:You never accompany me to my mother/cousin's.
What are you talking about? That family has 5 separate Birthday parties in September alone!!! Why can’t they celebrate everyone’s birthday on one festive occasion? Why do we have to attend 5 separate parties? There is also Easter, Christmas, St. Patrick’s do you have any idea how much precious RF time that accumulates to?

Mrscardero writes: I make excusses for you so that you don't have to spend any time with my koo koo family.
(I’m glad she said it and not me) Don’t make excuses for me, tell them the truth.

Mrscardero writes: If you want, you can do your tradition of watching SCCM and I will go to my mother/cousin's on Christmas Eve.
See ya!
Mrscardero writes: Don't bother me none. Atleast I will get food and gifts. Don't forget to put some holes on your TV dinner to let some steam in.
I call foul, can I get a moderator in here? Everyone on RF knows I enjoy cooking and that I am very competent in preparing and serving my own meals.

Mrscardero writes: My perspective is not flawed nor my argument illogical. You just can't face the fact that you are the only one arguing that Joel is better then Mike.
That’s because Ody and Evearael haven’t discovered this thread yet, but when they do, you are in for one hell of an intervention.
Mrscardero writes: That's not true. You threaten me with, "I'll go in the other room and watch my movie since you're watching your show."
Threaten is such a harsh word, I prefer to call it a consideration. I understand that you have your favorite >ack< shows (ooohh, I tasted my own vomit there for a second) that’s why I make the offer of stepping in the next room.

Mrscardero writes: You know how much I like spending time with you since our schedule changed .
Awwww….and Joel Hodgson and I like to spend time with you too honey.

Mrscardero writes: But you still manage to put your feet in my kitchen and your hands in the cookie jar.
Would you prefer it the other way around?

Mrscardero writes: Are you talking about this wife or another wife? You tortured me with Double D Avenger. What a horrible movie that was. I couldn't believe you made me watch that.
Watching movies is an art Rizza and sometimes we have to suffer for that art. I just thought that it would be better if we suffered together.

Mrscardero writes: That's because you always take the remote while I am in the kitchen cooking. The only time you actually switch the channel for me is when I ask you to put on Spongebob.
Ahhh finally!!! Something we can agree on.

Look Rizza, it is quite obvious that you have run out of positive Mike Nelson references to support your claims and have resorted to lies and personal attacks to gain favor in this debate. I also have the advantage of you exposing your tell-tale heart felt love towards me that you cannot and will not be separated from me when it comes to our television viewing schedule. I plan on a compromise but I will have to make a few phone calls and cash in on a few favors to make this happen. This will not excuse you from the original issue. You have a problem Rizza and I do not think that running away or avoiding this problem is going to help. Joel Hodgsen has done nothing to you personally for you to react this way and I think that it is safe to assume that you have not seen enough MST3Ks or given this man the chance and the opportunity to entertain you to make such a crass judgment upon his person.
Let me propose this idea to you and if you like it, our marriage can continue to prosper in peace and harmony, if not, I have no choice but to let you go, for you see, before I met you Rizza, I was in love with a man, a man who was stranded on a satellite, who was forced to endure cheesy movies, the worst ever made, a man who had to sit and watch them all while his mind was being monitored, a man who could not control where the movies began or ended because he used those special parts to make his robot friends. A man who I had often wondered how he ate and breathed and other science facts but I have learned Rizza that it was helpful to always repeat to myself that this was just a show and that I really should just relax….

…at this time, I should offer these same pearls of wisdom to you.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero said:

What are you talking about? That family has 5 separate Birthday parties in September alone!!! Why can’t they celebrate everyone’s birthday on one festive occasion? Why do we have to attend 5 separate parties? There is also Easter, Christmas, St. Patrick’s do you have any idea how much precious RF time that accumulates to?

That's the thing. We don't attend any parties. You went to my sisters B-day party. That was it. Other then that, it's all ME.

(I’m glad she said it and not me) Don’t make excuses for me, tell them the truth.

Yeah. I'll tell the truth that you don't like them and wouldn't give them the time of day.

I call foul, can I get a moderator in here? Everyone on RF knows I enjoy cooking and that I am very competent in preparing and serving my own meals.
STAY OUT OF MY KITCHEN and DON"T TOUCH MY GRILL!! :D

That’s because Ody and Evearael haven’t discovered this thread yet, but when they do, you are in for one hell of an intervention.

Oooo...I'm scared.

Awwww….and Joel Hodgson and I like to spend time with you too honey.
I don't need two men in my life.

Watching movies is an art Rizza and sometimes we have to suffer for that art. I just thought that it would be better if we suffered together.

Oh oh...calling me by my first name. Hmmm. Guess I am in the doghouse with a warm blanket and hot chocolate. Suffer for that art and suffering together. Not sure we are into that relationship. There's a difference between your art work and the art work of JH. I like your art work. I am not fond of JH.

Look Rizza, it is quite obvious that you have run out of positive Mike Nelson references to support your claims and have resorted to lies and personal attacks to gain favor in this debate.

I have proof MN is the bomb and JH is ummm...You'll see.

I also have the advantage of you exposing your tell-tale heart felt love towards me that you cannot and will not be separated from me when it comes to our television viewing schedule.

You are right about not being seperated from our television viewing schedule. But we will not be watching MST3K with JH because you don't have the guts to put it on because you know I won't watch it. If you do put it on, I will just go in the kitchen and make more cookies. Mmmmmm Chocolate Chip and also peanut butter cookies. mmmmmm. :drool:

I plan on a compromise but I will have to make a few phone calls and cash in on a few favors to make this happen. This will not excuse you from the original issue.

You make your phone calls. "Your call is very important to us...Please hold please hold."
You have a problem Rizza and I do not think that running away or avoiding this problem is going to help. Joel Hodgsen has done nothing to you personally for you to react this way and I think that it is safe to assume that you have not seen enough MST3Ks or given this man the chance and the opportunity to entertain you to make such a crass judgment upon his person.
Not running or avoiding. I know JH has done nothing to me but he has done something to others. You will see. It's like him not wanting to be an actor or on TV and that he wants to be a behind the scenes kind of person. Good choice because I like him behind the scenes where I can't see him.

Let me propose this idea to you and if you like it, our marriage can continue to prosper in peace and harmony, if not, I have no choice but to let you go

divorce.jpg
I am taking my grill with me.

before I met you Rizza, I was in love with a man

Are you coming out?

A man who I had often wondered how he ate and breathed and other science facts but I have learned Rizza that it was helpful to always repeat to myself that this was just a show and that I really should just relax

Mike Nelson did the same. Did you ever question how he ate, breathed and other science facts?

at this time, I should offer these same pearls of wisdom to you.

Yes...let's relax.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
In the not too distant future
somewhere in time and space
Mike Nelson and his Robot pals
Are caught in an endless chase
Pursued by a woman, who's name is Pearl
An evil gal who wants to rule the world
She threw a few things in her purse
and in her rocket ship she hunts them
All across the universe!
(I'll get you!)

I'll send him cheesy movies
The worst I can find (La la la)
He'll have to sit and watch them all
and I'll monitor his mind (La la la)

Now keep in mind Mike can't control
where the movies begin or end (La la la)
He'll try to keep his sanity
with the help of his robot friends

Robot Roll Call
Cambot (You're on!)
Gypsy (Oh my stars!)
Tom Servo (Check me out!)
Crooooow (I'm different!)

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes,
and other science facts (La la la)
Just repeat to yourself "It's just a show"
I should really just relax
For the Mystery Science Theater 3000
What I found about MN & JH and the controversy on the internet.

On the internet:
The online communities created around the series now had two factions, one cheerfully celebrating it, the other dolefully condemning it. It was clear that both sides were not prepared to tolerate the presence of the other, and neither faction felt in any way disposed to depart a community they felt was their "home" in the online world. It was a recipe for disaster.
The two factions began to argue, and in short order these arguments escalated into The Great Joel vs. Mike Flamewar of 1993, which raged, to varying degrees, everywhere in MSTie cyberspace. In each place, pretty much independently of one another, the same thing happened: Polite discussions and reasonable critiques turned into angry exchanges, and angry exchanges evolved into personal attacks. Because so many close friendships had evolved in the communities, friends rushed to the defense of friends and attacked those doing the attacking, without really considering the merits of the argument.
The rumors of a year earlier, concerning strife between Hodgson and Mallon, were revived, amplified, and used as evidence to support the claim that Joel had "really" been fired. The flamewar intensified.
Harsh and angry words were exchanged and almost everywhere things got very personal and very mean, each side accusing the other of intolerance and much worse. Pretty soon, the TV show that had started the arguments faded into the background as petty personal feuds were brought into the open, and a broader and extremely bitter debate about censorship and free speech and rights vs. responsibilities in the on-line world raged. The flames of dispute were further fanned by newcomers who were not fans of the show but who simply enjoyed provoking others. (On one forum, Hodgson laughingly admitted years later, he himself, as a lark, posted under an assumed name and revived an angry argument that had almost subsided.)
The shouting did not subside for months. For many, in these early days of the internet boom, it was the first "flame war" they'd ever encountered or participated in. Years later, the savagery of it, and the shattering of a once-peaceful community that resulted, is remembered with indescribable sadness.
Mike Nelson knew nothing about the depredations and death threats that appeared in some forums. "People here were shielding me from it, I guess," he said later. In retrospect it seems to have been the right choice: There was never any evidence that the turmoil on the internet was at all representative of the general viewing audience. The rate of new memberships in the Info Club never slowed and ratings for the show did not change.
Question asked of Joel about the internet.
Q. In your recent interview on Talkspot.com, you did mention going into a chat room disguised as someone else, right?
J. Only once, probably four years ago. I was hanging out with a friend of mine and she said, "You have to check this out-- the MSTies are having a fight over who's better at hosting the show-- Joel or Mike." So we read this war between people, fencing around arguing about who they like better-- Joel or Mike. It was a war. Well the moderator came in to break it all up and say something like "They're both good in their own ways, and I thought we agreed not to fight about this any more." Everyone had calmed down and was smoothing out their feathers and saying they were sorry and then my friend and I wrote, "Yeah, but when you think about it, Joel's better!" And then we took off.

Statement you made that he has done nothing to me. What about what he has done to others. The war was over and everyone was calming down. What did Joel do?

Joel: "Yeah, but when you think about it, Joel's better!" And then we took off.

Where do you see the good in him after the comment he made as he left that chat room?
That was wrong...really wrong.