• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Capacitor

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
According to convential current flow theory there would be no change in weight. As electrons piled onto the chaged plate (-), they would be drawn from the other plate in the capacitor (+), leaving 'holes'. At discharge, those electrons would flow back to their holes, creating a situation where there is no alteration in overall electron content between the two plates taken as a whole. As convential current flow theory is the basis of all solid state theory, it is plain to see that a charged capacitor will weigh the same at any state of charge. Anyone who disagrees with this obviously has no concept of electrical theory, says the guy who works as an electrical engineer and once built a functional lie detector as a school project. So nyah!

EDIT: Before you bother proving you're a moron by arguing with me, go read about the P-N junction.
What about capacitors made from pyramids?

Faybull

There is no change in content, therefore no change in weight. If someone says different, they're calling the earth flat. Basic electrical theory backs me up. Trust me, this is what I do.
But the Earth is flat, where relativity is concerned.