• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't find lyrics

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anyone know where I can get the lyrics for this bhajan? I don't care what language, though it would be nice to know what the lyrics mean. I think it's Hindi because I hear "tu hai" but I can't swear to it. I have done every search I can think of without any luck.

[youtube]dNyMnTHi9mM[/youtube]
Hey Maa (Divine Mother) - YouTube

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, it's the same melody and chord progression in a different key. I sussed them out to play on guitar. :) I have the lyrics to Hey Ram.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Never heard this bhajan for Devi :sarcastic I tried to search based on the title and the lyrics (the few I can understand) but I didn't had any result

Sorry not to be able to help =/

Aum Namah Shivaya

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
No worries, I've been looking forever.

Stella Polaris

| Neutiquam Erro |
The only thing I could find was a Sai Baba bhajan. I doubt it's the same song, but some of the words sound similar. Like, I think I hear a "j" word in the one you posted and there is are "j" words in the Sai song. But I can't hear Saraswati in the one you posted, but are in the other lyrics. The musical instruments seem to muddle some of the lyrics at times on both songs. It's a shot in the dark really, but this is all I found:

Here is a guy singing the song:
[youtube]op4oTsgcE58[/youtube]
Maa Hey Maa Sai Matha JagaJanani - YouTube

And here are the lyrics:
Bhajan: Maa Hey Maa
Maa Hey Maa
Sai Matha Jagat Janani ... (Maa)
Veena Vaadini Saraswathi Maatha
Jagat Paalini Gauri Maatha
Amba Bhavaani Lakshmi Maatha
Sai Maatha Jagat Janani

(Oh mother Sai, You are the mother of the universe; You are Saraswathi, goddess of learning whoplays
on the veena (musical instrument); As Gauri, You are the protector of the world; You are Bhvani, the
divine mother; You are Lakshmi, goddess of wealth. Mother Sai, mother of the universe, Yu are all these
Goddesses. (Let me prostrate before Thee))
Source: Sai Kirtan Group - Bhajan: Maa Hey Maa

Could it be a modified version of this song, perhaps without the "Sai" mentions?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. :) I hear jagat also, and Sherawali, another name for Maa. Something like "...Sherawali tu Maha Kali... tu hi Mata..." I'm sure the lyrics are around somewhere.