• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CANNABIS.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

apophenia

Does getting high give clearer mind than a clear mind?

I mean... well you know what I mean!

Hmm. Interesting question. You can be clear in all sorts of conditions, including empty passivity. Cozy in a chair. Or riding a motorcycle at high speed. Or talking with someone. I mean normally, not high.

Being high is a different set of mental conditions. What you are clear about is often surprising - whether mundane or cosmic, so to speak. And sometimes it's just about pleasure. Music, or swimming, or reading a book. Sometimes it may include entoptica (inner movies/special effects). Often it is about realising stuff about relationships of whatever kind. I spend a lot of time in more than one mind at once. Part of me is doing a standup comedy routine, or even giving a discourse on some subject, and I am also the audience. So you find yourself giving yourself an education about something.

Playing music is like discovering excellent new things, one after another.

If you just stop - and do absolutely nothing - its heavenly. People tend not to allow that much though. Shame about that.

All sorts of stuff really.

But if you don't have a clear mind anyway, you won't have a clear high. You can only experience yourself, after all.

Last edited:

apophenia

I know that there are tools that can help, I myself know few. Wouldn't find them without looking, but that's not what I am looking for. Not a way to survive, but a way to live the full life. Being unchained is different then finding a way to endure whipping.

Really hard to do, since one need to go into very subtle perception of one's awareness.
I am always looking for help, or just hint. Psychedelics did their job, but that's not enough.

A thoroughly broken heart can do it for you.

outhouse

Atheistically
Most of the serious problems associated with drugs are a direct result of criminalisation - and the black market environment.

No.

Its called dope for a reason. It degrades humanity, each one has its own negative side effects that outweigh any possible positive side effect.

On a undeveloped brain it can cause permanent retardation of personal growth in many different areas of the mind limiting it to never reach its full potential.

Slowing down a hard drive is never a good thing, limiting capacity is also limiting ones potential.

apophenia

No.

Its called dope for a reason. It degrades humanity, each one has its own negative side effects that outweigh any possible positive side effect.

On a undeveloped brain it can cause permanent retardation of personal growth in many different areas of the mind limiting it to never reach its full potential.

Slowing down a hard drive is never a good thing, limiting capacity is also limiting ones potential.

That is classic Harry Anslinger hysteria.

Slowing down a hard drive ? Are you serious ? That is plain ridiculous

apophenia

each one has its own negative side effects that outweigh any possible positive side effect.

Very scientific outhouse.

"each one"

What exactly does that mean ?

You want to ban coffee, alcohol, and for that matter ALL prescription drugs ?

And if not ALL drugs, then please provide a rational scientific definition of what is 'dope', what is 'medicine' ( at the moment your statement would include medicine, given that you have provided no scientific definition of 'dope'), and whether you mean that any and all organic molecules which affect the human organism "slow down the hard drive (wow, that is SO scientific) - including commonly eaten foodstuffs.

So do we ban all foods containing psychedelic compounds ? Parsley ? Dill ? Nutmeg ? And about a thousand others ...

Give us the science to determine how much parsley and dill is food, and when it becomes a threat to civilised society !

And please, provide the scientific references required to back this outrageous nonsense.

Last edited:

apophenia

Here you go outhouse.

Some scientific data.

Tell us whether or not all the foods containing these natural compounds are a danger to developing brains.

Explain the dangers of each one, please.

And get that parsley off your kids plate ! It will slow down their hard drive !

Note to the mods : these are all constituents of commonly eaten foods, none of which are illegal.

The following compounds with descriptions and sources were taken from "Essential Oils" by Guenther, "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils" by Julia Lawless, and The Merck Index.

ANETHOLE: Main constituent of anise (the seed) oil (90%), star anise and fennel oils. Note that it is a propenylbenzene like isosafrole.

anethole.gif

APIOLE (DILL): About 10% of dill oil and celery seed oil. A completely psychedelic amphetamine.

dillapiole.gif

APIOLE (PARSLEY): Main constituent of parsley seed oil.

apiole.gif

ASARONE: From the root of Asarum europaeum, Acorus calamus and similar species. Calamus is an Indian water plant and its root oil is about 80% asarone. Asarone can exist as an alpha(trans) or beta(cis) isomer from its natural source. Note that species is also a propenylbenzene.
asarone.jpg

CHAVICOL: In Betel oils, especially Piper betle l., Piperaceae, and in oil of bay up to 10%.

chavicol.jpg

CINNAMALDEHYDE: Main constituent of Chinese and Ceylon cinnamon bark oils. Also in small amounts in hyacinth and myrrh.

cinnamaldehyde.jpg

CROWEACIN: Possibly one of the most powerful amphetamine precursors known. From (get this) the terminal branchlets of Eriosteum crowei. Looks like myristicin but it ain't.

crow.jpg

ELEMICIN: The amphetamine answer to mescalin. Found as the main constituent of Manila elemi oil and in small amounts in nutmeg oil.

ele.jpg

ESTRAGOLE: Is the main constituent of tarragon oil ( aka estragon oil) (70%). Is also found inArtemisia dracunculus L., Compositae (esdragon) of about 70%, and in chervil. Oh, and by the way, SWIM finally found out what was in basil. It's this stuff. That junk that's growing like a weed in yours and I's backyard known as 'sweet basil' (Ocimum basilicum) has an oil content of 90% of this stuff! Oh baby! It is also about 50% of 'French basil' oil and in long leaf pine oil.. This species is also called methyl chavicol and you may notice that it looks just like anethole except that it is an 'allylbenzene'.

estragole.jpg

EUGENOL: In way too many oils to mention. Of chief concern are the oils of cinnamon leaf(95%!), bay leaf oil (60%), and Clove where it is over 90% of the oils of the bud, leaf and stem. In allspice berries it is 80-90% and in the allspice leaves it is almost 100% of the oil. SWIM is also privy to a homeopathic toothache medication that is 85% eugenol (says so right here on the bottle).

eugenol.jpg

EVERNIC ACID:

evernic.jpg

FERULIC ACID: Found in small amounts in a wide variety of plants. Used as a food preservative.

ferrulic.jpg

MYRISTICIN: The grandaddy of the pshychedelic amphetamine genre. This sucker is in carrots, sassafras oil, in about 8% in nutmeg oil and (hold on to your hats) about 90% of the oil in ordinary parsley leaves. Yes, that same **** on your dinner plate.
myristicin.jpg

So, outhouse, what do you think ?

Do we ban salad and spicy curries ?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Salad with spicy curries should certainly be banned! :p

But seriously, what often bemuses me here in the UK is the way that some people rant on about the "evil of drugs", quite forgetting that the great majority of health and social damage is actually done by legal drugs like nicotine and alcohol.

apophenia

From Thomas Jefferson -

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

Comments: This quotation has never been found in Jefferson's papers in its above form, but it is most likely a paraphrase of Jefferson's statement in Notes on the State of Virginia, "Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now."
[2][URL='http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/short-title-list']Notes, ed. Peden, 159. See passage in 1787 edition of Notes online.[/URL]

Taken from If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take...(Quotation) « Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't find that to be true. LSD has no benefit other then trippin hippies. Speed kills, and nobody likes a tweaker.
Actually methamphetamine is prescribed to those with ADD and ADHD mostly, and for a few other things. LSD has been found to help ease anxieties of dying in terminal patients. You don't think it's true the "hard drugs" have medical uses, but many of them do.

Status
Not open for further replies.