• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CANNABIS.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

apophenia

Actually methamphetamine is prescribed to those with ADD and ADHD mostly, and for a few other things. LSD has been found to help ease anxieties of dying in terminal patients. You don't think it's true, but it is.

My life has been positively transformed by amphetamine - legally prescribed for ADD.

I have also discovered that phenethylamine, the active ingredient in chocolate, is virtually identical in all respects to amphetamine, except that amphetamine includes a methyl group which prevents MAO-B from breaking it down quickly.

amphetamine - alpha methyl phenethylamine

phenethylamine is widely used as a preworkout supplement, to increase energy and focus. It has been used by bodybuilders and sportsmen/women for many years - no signs of any problems, so no need to legislate against it.

Last edited:

apophenia

I don't find that to be true. LSD has no benefit other then trippin hippies. Speed kills, and nobody likes a tweaker.

Dr Albert Hofmann, inventor of LSD, lived a productive life to age 102.

He used 10mcg of LSD daily to prolong his life and maintain his health. It turns out that LSD not only has very beneficial effects for peripheral circulation, but there is also mounting evidence that it is neurotrophic, as is his other great discovery, the legal drug ergoloid mesylates, very similar to the lysergic amides.

During the Iraq war, pilots who refused to take amphetamine were grounded.

The surgeon general stated that it has no deleterious mental or physical effects.

Google the 'go pill program' to verify this for yourself.

So, outhouse, wrong again.

Unless you want to challenge Dr Albert Hofmann's creds. Such a crappy scientist ! :p

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
You can promote all the positive claims you like.

It factually does not outweigh the negative aspects, of the intense negative aspects and crime caused by drugs.

Dumbing down Americans is not a good thing. The lives meth and coke have ruined is all the evidence I need.

Its like saying we could drink all day everyday and we would progress as a nation exactly the same as a straight nation. Factually that is not true.

Please don't start on the difference between the drugs, I know them well.

apophenia

You can promote all the positive claims you like.

It factually does not outweigh the negative aspects, of the intense negative aspects and crime caused by drugs.

Those crimes ONLY EXIST BECAUSE THE DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL. Get that through your head ! It is sooooo obvious.

Dumbing down Americans is not a good thing.

When George Bush was Governor of Texas, literacy and numeracy hit an all-time low in the USA.

Maybe you should ban the Republican party :p

The lives meth and coke have ruined is all the evidence I need.

But what is it evidence of ?

You don't think very deeply for someone who claims to be into science.

Its like saying we could drink all day everyday and we would progress as a nation exactly the same as a straight nation. Factually that is not true.

No. That would be a totally ****-headed thing to say.
So why did you say it ?

Please don't start on the difference between the drugs, I know them well.

Doesn't sound like it.

Sounds like you've known some extreme cases. Probably actually cases of severe depression or psychosis, which have also included very unwise drug abuse.

And then you blame the drugs. Because the real causes are something you are in denial about ?

That pretty much describes many countries including America.

Massive economic problems fuel nationwide drug abuse which causes crime (by being illegal and therefore very expensive) and instead of looking at the root causes of social and economic breakdown - you blame the drugs !

Same in North Korea. Same in India. Same in rural Australia. Same pretty much everywhere actually.

Because you don't dare consider the real problem - you scapegoat what is in fact a symptom.

And apart from that - you ignore the millions who enjoy cannabis (the subject of this thread originally) and focus on people with mental health problems and economic problems who turn to self-destructive abuse of drugs.

Denial.

:flushed:

So cannabis is another name for weed/marijuana?!?!

Aha!

Yes
Kaneh Bosm.
Ganja.

All this fuss over that ! Can you believe it ?!

The term marijuana has been dropped because it reminds Americans of anti-Mexican racism. They did steal a huge chunk of Mexico - which they prefer to forget.;)

A lot of the early 20th century drug hysteria had racism at its root.

Blacks and Hispanics liked weed.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
The term marijuana has been dropped because it reminds Americans of anti-Mexican racism. They did steal a huge chunk of Mexico - which they prefer to forget.;)

No wonder they want to legalize it; to smoke it and forget the past... a noble cause :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So cannabis is another name for weed/marijuana?!?!
Cannabis is technically the genus name, and is made of Cannabis Indica (recreation and spiritual uses), Cannabis Sativa (industrial, fiber source, and cooking mostly), and Cannabis Ruderalis (medical uses mainly). The word marijuana comes from the Mexican Spanish word marihuana/mariguana. Weed is one of the many slang terms which include sweat leaf, marry jane, reefer, tea, grass,
ganja, chronic, green, bud, smoke, wacky tobaccy, tree, sweet, and herb.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Cannabis is technically the genus name, and is made of Cannabis Indica (recreation and spiritual uses), Cannabis Sativa (industrial, fiber source, and cooking mostly), and Cannabis Ruderalis (medical uses mainly). The word marijuana comes from the Mexican Spanish word marihuana/mariguana. Weed is one of the many slang terms which include sweat leaf, marry jane, reefer, tea, grass,
ganja, chronic, green, bud, smoke, wacky tobaccy, tree, sweet, and herb.
sativa is smoked much like indica ...... there called hybrids 70% 30% cross breed eitherway ussually

the rudrails are not used .... there low on yeild its the hybrids which people go for

indica is couch lock ( heavy body ) good for relax medically
sativa is celibral high ( head buzz lol ) good for other medical things

not to forget getting blazed ;)

mainliner

lmao .... iv just realised this is my thread .

i havent been getting any alerts lol

its all gone hazey

apophenia

sativa is smoked much like indica ...... there called hybrids 70% 30% cross breed eitherway ussually

the rudrails are not used .... there low on yeild its the hybrids which people go for

indica is couch lock ( heavy body ) good for relax medically
sativa is celibral high ( head buzz lol ) good for other medical things

not to forget getting blazed ;)

Umm...err.... not really that simple.

Oils ain't oils ...

Even plants of the same subgenus show significant variations in alkaloid profiles.

Even in the same plant, the alkaloid profile varies in different parts of the plant.

This is true for all herbs.

And how it is prepared/consumed makes a huge difference too.

For example, decarboxylation at 120 degrees C for 30 minutes will result in a totally different profile to decarboxylation at 175 degrees C for an hour. The lower temp decarboxylation will convert THCA to THC. The THC will convert to cannabinol at high temp/long duration. And cannabinol is much more like opiates in its effects.

Some alkaloids (CBD for example) have anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) effects. These alakaloids are at a higher concentration in the leaf. But if the CBD ratio is high, and the herb is combusted (smoked), it will likely give you a headache. And so on ...

So ... its complicated.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you have the intelligence to use this drug, then yes there is nothing wrong, its the same as alcohol, many use it to escape from life, and the same can be fore cannabis. Anything that takes you away from your true being is ego driven, and cannabis can be the tool of the ego.

Banjankri

Anything that takes you away from your true being is ego driven, and cannabis can be the tool of the ego.
I wouldn't be so negative about the ego and classify everything that takes you away from yourself, as bad. 90% of the stuff that makes culture will take you away from yourself.

We can create very good measures to see whether something is good or bad for us. I tend to look at it in this way: Does X make you more, or less aware of your problems?

Many will say that weed makes you forget about them,so it should be avoided. But this is because people don't know how it works. Simple as that. Weed has the power to make you forget about the world, except one thing, which you see far better than before. So, it's up to you what this one thing will be. For someone that knows this, it's plain stupid to miss the opportunity to address actual problems that one has. It makes us focus and relax at the same time, giving us the insight into parts of our consciousness that are normally suppressed by stress.
Even if a particular trip is ego driven, it's good, because we are more aware of our ego, thus we can act toward improving it.

Weed is bad when you focus on your own pleasure, while there are issues that require your immediate attention.

mainliner

Umm...err.... not really that simple.

Oils ain't oils ...

Even plants of the same subgenus show significant variations in alkaloid profiles.

Even in the same plant, the alkaloid profile varies in different parts of the plant.

This is true for all herbs.

And how it is prepared/consumed makes a huge difference too.

For example, decarboxylation at 120 degrees C for 30 minutes will result in a totally different profile to decarboxylation at 175 degrees C for an hour. The lower temp decarboxylation will convert THCA to THC. The THC will convert to cannabinol at high temp/long duration. And cannabinol is much more like opiates in its effects.

Some alkaloids (CBD for example) have anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) effects. These alakaloids are at a higher concentration in the leaf. But if the CBD ratio is high, and the herb is combusted (smoked), it will likely give you a headache. And so on ...

So ... its complicated.
What have you all done to my beautiful thread .......
. Its all gone to pot ;)

this is chaos.... Chaos i tell you !!

this is suppose to be a peacefull thread ...... Ahhh bob Marley would not be so jamming let me tell you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.