• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada plans to accept more than 20,000 vulnerable Afghans including women leaders, human rights wor

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Terror knows no national boundaries. Terrorists may enter Canada and strike in US. I think some of the terrorist strikes in France were perpetrated by people naturalized in Belgium. India may face external or internal terrorism due to Taliban success in Afghanistan. We are ready for it.
This is in no way engages with the points I raised, nor with what you said before.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I fail to see what this has to do with the topic under discussion.
Are you claiming that every single terrorist killed in India was a war refugee from Afghanistan?
What I mean is that many a times terror and their supporters (the silent majority) exist because of religious and cultural differences.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
'Canada plans to accept more than 20,000 vulnerable Afghans including women leaders, human rights workers and reporters to protect them from Taliban reprisals'

Source: Canada to accept 20,000 vulnerable Afghans such as women leaders, human rights workers

Sounds like a positive plan to relocate some great people out of harms way during this tragedy.
I'm all for it. Even for the US.

You ought to take care of those who helped you out. It's the decent thing to do.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Terror knows no national boundaries. Terrorists may enter Canada and strike in US. I think some of the terrorist strikes in France were perpetrated by people naturalized in Belgium. India may face external or internal terrorism due to Taliban success in Afghanistan. We are ready for it.
Ic.

I think your referring to infiltration cells posing as refugees.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah. I think it happened in Europe. One may not know when these cells are activated. India has this problem. Muslims going to Middle-East countries for education or jobs where they are recruited for terrorist action. They may clandestinely go to Pakistan for training with fake passports. The visit is not reflected in their true passports. Terrorist organizations are very smart, resourceful and State-supported. For example, dropping of arms or bombs with drones in India. We have overlooked one such attack but may not do that the next time.

1627029026_drone-attack-on-jammu-airbase-1200x800.png

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
What I mean is that many a times terror and their supporters (the silent majority) exist because of religious and cultural differences.
Yes, but the existence of xenophobic terrorism should not be an excuse to enact xenophobic policies to please those people, or engage in xenophobic rhetoric to spread their ideas and increase their "silent" support among the population.

EDIT: In my humble opinion, a proper response to terrorism should be policies to remove their support, not to deepen the divisions in society that gave rise to terrorist support in the first place.