• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada plans to accept more than 20,000 vulnerable Afghans including women leaders, human rights wor

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not think the Western decisions are wise. We have many Afghans in India and many are engaged in drug trafficking. We may have another wave of Afghans in India. West should be cautious and selective for its own good.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I do not think the Western decisions are wise. We have many Afghans in India and many are engaged in drug trafficking. We may have another wave of Afghans in India. West should be cautious and selective for its own good.
Many Indians are no doubt involved in drug trafficking as well, alongside many people from "the West".
I remember Goa, for example, having the reputation of a popular hotspot for drug consumption among Westerners.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why do you equate human rights leaders etc to drug traffickers?
Well, whatever the Western Governments do, they will bear the consequences. Why don't the refugees go to Muslim countries and why not Muslim countries extend a helping hand? There is Iran, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan. Why do Afghan refugees need to go half-way across the globe?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well, whatever the Western Governments do, they will bear the consequences. Why don't the refugees go to Muslim countries and why not Muslim countries extend a helping hand? There is Iran, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan. Why do Afghan refugees need to go half-way across the globe?

My country, Canada, has a ton of refugees from all over. There have been very few problems, and I welcome the diversity. Despite the possibility of having a few bad apples within that mix, it's worth the risk for humanitarian reasons. I would think that most of the hard-core radicals are staying home to be with the Taliban. The border expansions will need fighters. Our home-grown folks have a few bad apples as well. 99% of the refugees who come here are incredibly grateful, and after a few years of very hard work, become hard-working contributing citizens.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many Indians are no doubt involved in drug trafficking as well, alongside many people from "the West".
Much of the drugs smuggled in India are through Afghanistan, Pakistan and Burma where Bangladeshis also extend a helping hand. And from India it goes to many countries including West.
My country, Canada, has a ton of refugees from all over.
Bring in more and you also will have troubles. It all depends on numbers.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Much of the drugs smuggled in India are through Afghanistan, Pakistan and Burma where Bangladeshis also extend a helping hand. And from India it goes to many countries including West.Bring in more and you also will have troubles. It all depends on numbers.
Yes, from what you explain it seems pretty clear that Indians are just as heavily involved in the drug trade as everyone else.

Bring in more and you also will have troubles. It all depends on numbers.
Of course, people who hate foreigners will always find reasons to stir up trouble, and refugees, being rightless and often destitute individuals, tend to make tempting targets for those who target those least able to defend themselves.

Nationalistic resentment is also a very popular emotion for unscrupulous political agents to whip up, as the support of xenophobes tends to readily paper over even the worst possible policies in a heartbeat.

Yerda

Veteran Member
There are millions of displaced people in Muslim countries. Turkey alone hosts about 3 million refugees.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Much of the drugs smuggled in India are through Afghanistan, Pakistan and Burma where Bangladeshis also extend a helping hand. And from India it goes to many countries including West.Bring in more and you also will have troubles. It all depends on numbers.
Sorry, Aup. You're in India, not Canada. My daughter-in-law, a teacher, will have 40% of her upcoming class in ESL. We celebrate diversity here, and that includes Muslims from everywhere. Edmonton is home to the first mosque in North America. Lebanese, who became fur traders, came in 1910.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Perhaps because to my knowledge those countries haven't put their hands out to offer their support to the human rights defenders etc of Afghanistan.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Xenophobes! India deals with it on a daily basis.
As many as 78 terrorists were killed in counter-terror operations in the first half of 2021, as compared to 123 in the first half of 2020.
Big dip in J&K terror incidents in 2021 | India News - Times of India
This is addition to scores of terrorists arrested in the other parts of India.

swarajya%2F2018-06%2F27b1eb9e-e44e-47c6-a90b-b7b3d1bf4acd%2FScreen_Shot_2018_06_27_at_9_45_17_AM.png

NDA Versus UPA, Who Got The Better Of Terrorism?

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Xenophobes! India deals with it on a daily basis.
As many as 78 terrorists were killed in counter-terror operations in the first half of 2021, as compared to 123 in the first half of 2020.
Big dip in J&K terror incidents in 2021 | India News - Times of India
This is addition to scores of terrorists arrested in the other parts of India.

swarajya%2F2018-06%2F27b1eb9e-e44e-47c6-a90b-b7b3d1bf4acd%2FScreen_Shot_2018_06_27_at_9_45_17_AM.png

NDA Versus UPA, Who Got The Better Of Terrorism?
I fail to see what this has to do with the topic under discussion.
Are you claiming that every single terrorist killed in India was a war refugee from Afghanistan?
If so, then the evidence you presented here does not bear that out.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Terror knows no national boundaries. Terrorists may enter Canada and strike in US. I think some of the terrorist strikes in France were perpetrated by people naturalized in Belgium. India may face external or internal terrorism due to Taliban success in Afghanistan. We are ready for it.