• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canada heading towards prosecuting thought crimes (a la "Minority Report") via C-63

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's too bad for, Canadians, but the first thing they need to do if they want to fix their country is switch from a monarchy to a republic. That way,
We're a parliamentary democracy.
their country belongs to them rather than essentially having themselves under the rule of some foreign emperor power moocher. Then they need to create a good bill of rights for their constitution.
We have one already:

There is no "foreign emperor" ruling over us. We rule ourselves.
Come on, Canadians, you can do it; I'm rooting for you!
We've already done it. :)
Same with Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Jordan, Sweden, The Netherlands, and any other place/country/nation that has a monarch. Get into the 21st century, guys; this monarchy nonsense is ridiculous.

anotherneil

We're a parliamentary democracy.

We have one already:

There is no "foreign emperor" ruling over us. We rule ourselves.

We've already done it. :)

I said a good bill of rights.

Are you saying this is false or inaccurate?

"Canada is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy" - source:

Monarchy of Canada: Monarchy of Canada - Wikipedia

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Are you ok with this thought crime prosecution mentioned in the OP of this thread?
Some parts yes, some parts no.

But I've heard this song and dance before about "thought crimes" on numerous other bills that didn't live up to all the hype and fear mongering. So, I'm not going to get all hyped up about it just yet.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Some parts yes, some parts no.

But I've heard this song and dance before about "thought crimes" on numerous other bills that didn't live up to all the hype and fear mongering. So, I'm not going to get all hyped up about it just yet.
Which parts are a "yes" for you?