• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you remember Satan's first visits??

.lava

Veteran Member
its strange that some people think god exists, whats your point

i was not specially telling you:)sorry if i sounded like that. your post reminded me that there are people who think Satan is the one who rules in hell. he sits on his throne and punishes people who deserve hell. i think it is funny. cos he suffers while he turns into clay. he does not have any duty in hell. duty belongs to angels.

Troublemane

I met the devil when I was 5 yrs old, ya he seemed pretty sad then too. Actually looked like an evil elf, had dark grey skin like tree bark, sad yellow eyes, and a long tapering nose like a carrot....oh and pointy ears, too. He showed me my future, and at the time I didnt know what it meant, but he didnt seem to want anything from me. Perhaps hes only annoying to people who are afraid of their future?

My thought of him was not that he was full of hate, but that he was cursed with the knowledge that the human race would destroy itself someday and there was simply nothing he could do to change it. If thats going against Gods plan then, oh well. I dont consider it evil, but then if everything is according to Gods will then even Satan's mythical revolt was predestined, right?:D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I met the devil when I was 5 yrs old, ya he seemed pretty sad then too. Actually looked like an evil elf, had dark grey skin like tree bark, sad yellow eyes, and a long tapering nose like a carrot....oh and pointy ears, too. He showed me my future, and at the time I didnt know what it meant, but he didnt seem to want anything from me. Perhaps hes only annoying to people who are afraid of their future?

My thought of him was not that he was full of hate, but that he was cursed with the knowledge that the human race would destroy itself someday and there was simply nothing he could do to change it. If thats going against Gods plan then, oh well. I dont consider it evil, but then if everything is according to Gods will then even Satan's mythical revolt was predestined, right?:D

That was me, bro. Don't you remember when I was born with that "666" marking on the top of my bald head?

Booko

Deviled Hen
ye met him but he hes not such a bad guy hes a brillant writer, the necromicron, the harry potter series he even made a couple a games like pokemon, digimon
so i asked him how he wanted to be called he said: Master of darkness, Archdevil, Ruler of hell,King of the dammed but i could call him mark

Unfortunately, Satan was also behind the creation of Windows.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
LoL, OH no wonder! I thought it was strange the devil borrowing my cd's and asking dad for a pony. :angel2:

Point #1 - Borrowed your CD's? Pfffttt. When did I ever give them back? The operative term should be stolen.

Point #2 - I only asked dad for a pony because he wouldn't cough up the money to provide me a car like he did for you and our brother. I figure I needed to get around somehow, and a pony seemed to be the most economically sound option. And for the record, Dad may have blamed you for our parents divorce, but he blamed me for ruining his hope for anything good in life.

See now? This should really prove it. I'm da devil, and I'm here to wreak havoc. :cool:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
True dat. I usually leave the nerdiness to my kids in areas like this, because my own nerdiness is so outdated. ;)

Well I'm only 23 and sometime I feel like mine is stating to get outdated too.

I've met Satan at several fancy dress parties over the years.

See that's the problem. I never get invited to fancy dress parties out all.:cigar:

Unfortunately, Satan was also behind the creation of Windows.

If nothing else at lest behind the creation of Windows ME...........

Booko

Deviled Hen
Well I'm only 23 and sometime I feel like mine is stating to get outdated too.

Meh...when you have grey or white hairs and they're not all on your head, you are *really* outdated...:eek:

See that's the problem. I never get invited to fancy dress parties out all.:cigar:

I don't wait for invitations! I throw my own. All you have to do is offer free food. If you feed them they will come. ;)

If nothing else at lest behind the creation of Windows ME...........

And Windows 2000 and Vista, most certainly.

idea

Question Everything
Wow, this is so accurate as to how Satan operates. I truly know that you have had an encounter with Satan before coming to earth and he has obviously still continued to bug you. Stay strong and "resist the devil and he will flee from you".

I've read a near death experience (NDE) account of an LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint) member who described Satan's rebellion against God, which he was allowed to remember and give an account of. He said Satan basically kept bugging God to change his ways, finally God was evidently pushed too far by Lucifer and was promptly banished from heaven for eternity, there was GREAT SADNESS at the loss of our spirit brother (Lucifer) who then became a fallen angel, whom God now refers to as Satan.

He's still trying to persuade us to give up an eternity with God, by going against God's divine plan of happiness for our lives. Why would we want to give up eternal happiness for eternal misery ???

Satan will forever be in a state of misery and he wants us all to be as miserable as he is.

We gotta stop messing up by listening to lies fed to us by Satan and his angels. We need to rather give in to God's plan for our lives. God's plan for our lives is to live, prosper and be in good health and eventually return to live with him again, safe from Satan's aweful grasp.

Why would we want to knowingly give into Satan's plan for our lives, that being nothing but eternal misery ???

If you want the entire account… here is what is in the Bible:

Rev 12: 7 And there was war in heaven: Michael (Adam) and his angels (us) fought against the dragon (Satan); and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Luke 10: 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Isaiah 14: 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

What was the war in heaven over? For this, you will need to read out of the Pearl of Great Price in the Book of Moses:

CHAPTER 4

1 AND I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
4 And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.

What would it take to save all mankind? It would require taking away our free agency. God was not willing to do that. 1/3 of the spirits followed Satan and became the fallen angels – willing to give up their free agency in exchange for a life with no suffering and no mistakes… the other 2/3’s chose to keep their free agency, even if it meant we might not be saved. If you are here living on this Earth with a body right now, you are part of the 2/3’s who chose free agency. You have kept your first estate.

FFH

Veteran Member
Idea,

I know our doctrine, I'm LDS, I'm just saying that Lucifer REALLY tried to get God to change his mind concerning his "plan of happiness".

Lucifer had his own ideas of how to "save" the world. God had another plan, Lucifer rebelled against it.

There was obviously more than just a "war in heaven" there were also conversations/discussions/teachings concerning God's plan of course, so that we would understand all the facts and conditions that would be put upon us, and we now know the specific requirements, laid out in the LDS faith, in order to return to heaven once again.

We obviously chose to go with God's plan, Satan did not of course.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Idea,

I know our doctrine, I'm LDS, I'm just saying that Lucifer REALLY tried to get God to change his mind concerning his "plan of happiness".

Lucifer had his own ideas of how to "save" the world. God had another plan, Lucifer rebelled against it.

There was obviously more than just a "war in heaven" there were also conversations/discussions/teachings concerning God's plan of course, so that we would understand all the facts and conditions that would be put upon us, and we now know the specific requirements, laid out in the LDS faith, in order to return to heaven once again.

We obviously chose to go with God's plan, Satan did not of course.

What does a Per-Christian minor Roman God have to do with what we're talking about. I thought this was about Satan. Satan and Lucifer are not the same being at all.

wednesday

Jesus
Satan was here, satan calls himself God. He is the one, who understands you, not the one telling you that your a sinner for living a normal life.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Satan is a personification of the Judaic word Shaiten meaning adversary. The word is used more as a descriptive noun or pronoun. A fallen tree preventing a husband from getting to his injured wife would be considered a tree of shaiten, more or less.
Shaiten did not become Satan until much later where Jewish sects / tribes such as the Essenes began referring to anyone not an Essene as a Shaiten. Still further the Roman Christian church decided it was time to personify shaiten into Satan and have Him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.
There is no Satan
On the other hand, there is a Luciferian principal.