• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you invision a world with out money

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
I like the idea of a cashless society and the elimination of having to physically handle paper and coin altogether. The idea of acquiring electronic credits sounds intriguing especially when pricing values perpetually rise on goods and services. -NM-

Not for nothing, but don't we already have electric credits in the form of credit cards?

I don't know about everyone else, but I have been living in a cashless society for the better part of the last 5 years. Can't remember the last time I had physical cash in my wallet or handled money often.

I get paid with a check, which goes to my bank, which goes to pay for all my credit card payments. Everything I buy is payable via credit card and I don't go to places.

What more?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not for nothing, but don't we already have electric credits in the form of credit cards?

I don't know about everyone else, but I have been living in a cashless society for the better part of the last 5 years. Can't remember the last time I had physical cash in my wallet or handled money often.

I get paid with a check, which goes to my bank, which goes to pay for all my credit card payments. Everything I buy is payable via credit card and I don't go to places.

What more?

Same here for the most part at least with us common citizenry.

I was musing more along the lines somewhere in the future of where nothing needs to be printed or minted at all. Credits of which cant be exchanged for physical paper or metal, yet remains accurate and secure for the user in both exchanges and purchases. Seems there is still a "problem" in that our currency is tied to physical resources both in ascertaining its value and in its production to distribute that value. Funny how gold and precious gems are still the standards to tabulate a country's wealth and additional raw resources were/are needed at the get go to print, distribute and transport things like bills and coins and all that can be associated with that. The worldwide cost alone must be phenomenal by now methinks to maintain physical cash and coins and all the logistics involved with that.

Just was wondering how beneficial something like that could actually be, could it be accomplished. -NM-

Crosis

the resource based economy there is no money or (electronic credits are even worse) people will work for the betterment of mankind not for the profit of your boss.so much money is wasted on a pair of 700 dollar jeans 7000 dollar purse we need to spend our resourses with more inteligence. Instead having a job to survive you will have a job that will benefit mankind. no money no power over the people. a Resource based economy is truly for the people by the people about the people. the monatary system is for the rich by the rich.were just pawns

Last edited:

Crosis

What more?
its not the cash its the monatary system that is the problem.
If all the money in the world were destroyed, as long as we have sufficient arable land, the factories, the necessary resources, and technical personnel, we could build anything and even supply an abundance. During the Depression, there were vacuum cleaners in store windows and automobiles in car lots. The Earth was still the same place. There was just no money in people's wallets and very little purchasing power. At the beginning of World War II, the U.S. had about 600 first-class fighting aircraft. We rapidly overcame this short-supply by turning out over 90,000 planes per year. The question at the start of World War II was: Do we have enough funds to produce the required implements of war? The answer was No, we did not have enough money or gold, but we did have more than enough resources. It was the available resources and technical personnel that enabled the U.S. to achieve the production and efficiency required to win the war.