• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you help me talk some sense to this man?

Helen

I have tried to talk to this man at a forum I came across yesterday. As an 84 year old lady, I tried to give him my thoughts about the devil, but maybe I'm outdated to the younger set! He is very persnickety and has his own thoughts about the devil and why he was created. If anyone can help this man, his name is Michael of all names, please offer your faithful help. He is seeking the truth from what I can tell, I am hoping we can help him.

w00t

What 'truth' Helen? 'Truth' is in the mind of the believer, it doesn't mean it is a fact!

Helen

Oh dear Heavens! The Truth my good man that comes from the spoken word of the Holy Scripture. What other truth is there? Dont tell me we have another lost soul as Michael may be in the other forum! This is dishearting.

w00t

I am a woman Helen! I certainly don't think the Bible is the word of God, there is no evidence that it is. God would have to be one very confused dude if had anything to do with him! Don't get so agitated it isn't good for your blood pressure!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Oh dear Heavens! The Truth my good man that comes from the spoken word of the Holy Scripture. What other truth is there? Don’t tell me we have another lost soul as Michael may be in the other forum! This is disheartening.
Hello Lady Helen. Congratulations on the 84 upstanding years. Go, girl, go!
As to the realization that some people do not accept as Truth, what you accept AS Truth, should not be much of a surprise to someone of your experience. Unless you live in a very insular, protected environment where all your friends and family believe pretty much the same way I do not see how you could not have noticed that there are not some, but MANY, who do not share your opinions. It's not rocket science.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it, sweetie. You have, no doubt, led a good life, and it would be a shame to spoil it now by becoming anxious about what others think. Just let them go blithely along their way and feel secure in what you know of as the truth -- unless of course you are slightly masochistic.

Take care, it is time for this old fool to head out to the gardens for another round of grubbing in the dirt. If I am lucky my bevy of doe’s will come along for their morning snack!!! (Life sucks, don't it?)

Oh look... a bunny!

:bunny:

Helen

Oh dear,

I must tell you how sorry I am, I usually use a hand lense to see the pictures of the people in these forums, but silly me didn't this time. Do forgive me dear. I must take a few minutes to catch my breath, when I get upset like this.

w00t

:D
Hello Lady Helen. Congratulations on the 84 upstanding years. Go, girl, go!
As to the realization that some people do not accept as Truth, what you accept AS Truth, should not be much of a surprise to someone of your experience. Unless you live in a very insular, protected environment where all your friends and family believe pretty much the same way I do not see how you could not have noticed that there are not some, but MANY, who do not share your opinions. It's not rocket science.

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it, sweetie. You have, no doubt, led a good life, and it would be a shame to spoil it now by becoming anxious about what others think. Just let them go blithely along their way and feel secure in what you know of as the truth -- unless of course you are slightly masochistic.

Take care, it is time for this old fool to head out to the gardens for another round of grubbing in the dirt. (Life sucks, don't it?) :D

Good post, life is far too short to worry about what other's think on a forum! Helen you sound like my old Mum who is a similar age to yourself. She has spent her life worrying about what others think and gets upset when people don't see it her way!

Super Universe

Defender of God
Persnickety? I had to look that one up. It's actually a word, means fussy about small details, hehe...

I don't know about the old man's ideas but we give too much credit to the devil. He has no power over me or anyone else.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
:D

Good post, life is far too short to worry about what other's think on a forum! Helen you sound like my old Mum who is a similar age to yourself. She has spent her life worrying about what others think and gets upset when people don't see it her way!
Exactly. Methinks I like this newbie who calls herself Tangnefedd. Nice outlooks, hon.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Persnickety? I had to look that one up. It's actually a word, means fussy about small details, hehe...
Hehe. I use pernickety in everyday conversation fairly often. I love the way it rolls of the tongue, lol. It's a great word. See, you can actually learn stuff on RF! :bow:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am not a newbie I first started posting in 2004!:D
WIth 265 posts since inception I would suggest you are a woman of few words, lol. Hope you enjoyed my frubals for your comments in another thread. I don't give them easily, you know.

w00t

WIth 265 posts since inception I would suggest you are a woman of few words, lol. Hope you enjoyed my frubals for your comments in another thread. I don't give them easily, you know.

Actually I can chat for the universe!:D I am now making up for lost time!:D It is time for me to get our evening meal!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The devil has no power over anyone, neither has God imo!

I agree that the devil has no power because he is just a mere creatin of God, but i disagree about your other comment that God doesn't have a power. If God doesn't have the ultimate power then who does?

w00t

I agree that the devil has no power because he is just a mere creatin of God, but i disagree about your other comment that God doesn't have a power. If God doesn't have the ultimate power then who does?

Us humans. I suspect that if there were no humans there would be no God, but of course I could be wrong!