• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we say who was the first one in the body of christ ?

dan p

Hi to all , and there are many views of when the Body of Christ began and who was it's first Member !

Some say it began in Genesis !

Some say it began in Acts 2 !

Some say it began in Acts 9:6 , with Saul !

Some say it began in Acts 13 , with Paul and Barnabas !

Some say it began in Acts 28 , called Hyper-dispensationlist !

Lets find out ?

dan p

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Hi to all , and there are many views of when the Body of Christ began and who was it's first Member !

Lets find out ?

dan p

Ephesians 2:19*Certainly, therefore, YOU are no longer strangers and alien residents, but YOU are fellow citizens of the holy ones and are members of the household of God, 20*and YOU have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone.

Jesus 12 apostles were the first to be invited to be sharers with Christ as heirs of the kingdom. They are the 12 foundation stones according to Rev 21:14*The wall of the city also had twelve foundation stones, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb

The foundation stones all hold the same position... they are the foundation. So there is not really a 'first' among them. Even Jesus said they were all one when they argued over who was the greatest among them.

2ndpillar

Lets find out ?

dan p

Dear Dan,
The body of "Christ" are the brothers of "Christ", and are those who do the will of God. (Mt 12:50) The first brother of Christ was Abel. Mt 23:35," all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah,"

dan p

Ephesians 2:19*Certainly, therefore, YOU are no longer strangers and alien residents, but YOU are fellow citizens of the holy ones and are members of the household of God, 20*and YOU have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone.

Jesus 12 apostles were the first to be invited to be sharers with Christ as heirs of the kingdom. They are the 12 foundation stones according to Rev 21:14*The wall of the city also had twelve foundation stones, and on them the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb

The foundation stones all hold the same position... they are the foundation. So there is not really a 'first' among them. Even Jesus said they were all one when they argued over who was the greatest among them.

Hi , and you are , I believe one book ahead of Gal 15-16 !

Verse 15 reads , " But when God was well pleased , the One having Separated me from my mother's womb , and having Called me by His Grace .

#1 , Notice it is by Grace , that Saul was separated and not by works .

#2 , God chose Saul to preach HIM ( Preach Christ ) as the Gospel among the Gentiles .

#3 , This gospel was not the same as what the 12 preached , otherwise , why another Apostle called the Apostle of Grace ?

Saul from that point on did not preach Water and Repentance as the 12 did .

dan p

2ndpillar

Hi , and you are , I believe one book ahead of Gal 15-16 !

Verse 15 reads , " But when God was well pleased , the One having Separated me from my mother's womb , and having Called me by His Grace .

#1 , Notice it is by Grace , that Saul was separated and not by works .
#2 , God chose Saul to preach HIM ( Preach Christ ) as the Gospel among the Gentiles .
#3 , This gospel was not the same as what the 12 preached , otherwise , why another Apostle called the Apostle of Grace ?
Saul from that point on did not preach Water and Repentance as the 12 did .
dan p

Dear dan,
You are quite right in that God chose Paul. According to Ze 11, He chose him as the 2nd staff "Favor", who was to "break my covenant", and to be shepherd of the "flock doomed to slaughter" and whom I will "annihilate".

What you are wrong about is what the 12 apostles preached. That was specified in Mt 10:5-8, "Yeshua sent out after instructing them, saying, "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. and as you go, preach, saying, 'the kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons; freely you received, freely give."

The message the 12 apostle were to teach to the lost sheep of Israel, who according to Joel 3:2, are scattered among the nations (Gentiles), is different than that which Paul taught, which was supposedly only to the Gentiles.

CMike

Lets find out ?

dan p

I believe it began when Mary gave birth to him. He was the first and only member.

dan p

Dear Dan,
The body of "Christ" are the brothers of "Christ", and are those who do the will of God. (Mt 12:50) The first brother of Christ was Abel. Mt 23:35," all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah,"

Hi , and this is just one verse that says who was the PROTOS/FIRST in the Body of Christ .

I Tim 1:15 reads , " Faithful ( is ) the Word and worthy of all reception that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners , of whom I am N ( the ) PROTOS/FIRST ..

dan p

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Jesus is the first member of the Body of Christ, of course. It IS His body, after all :D

2ndpillar

Hi , and this is just one verse that says who was the PROTOS/FIRST in the Body of Christ .

I Tim 1:15 reads , " Faithful ( is ) the Word and worthy of all reception that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners , of whom I am N ( the ) PROTOS/FIRST ..

dan p

Dear Dan,
1 Tim is a product of a self professed apostle and prophet, which by the testimony of Yeshua in John 5:31, makes his testimony "not true", this aligns with Dt 19:15.
As for what Yeshua's gospel was, it was the "kingdom of heaven", which is the antithesis of Paul's gospel of Grace. And although Yeshua is considered the alpha and the omega, he would be considered the head and not the body.

Dinner123

Lets find out ?

dan p
Jesus is the first in the body of Christ of course. He is the beginning of the body, the chief cornerstone and the firm foundation. He is the head of the body.

outhouse

Atheistically
The books contradict each other about when he became divine.

Some at birth, and some at baptism

Because all of the authors who ever wrote a word about him did not know anything about him.

They never met him or heard him, or even witnessed him from a far.

They were another culture writing decades after his death from places far away from where they actually happened.

We do not have stories from Galilee about a Galilean teacher..

jtartar

Lets find out ?

dan p

dan p,
I guess,by the body of Christ, you mean the first one accepted into the congregation of God. All of these will be resurrected into heaven as Kings and Priests, as they will be co-heirs with Jesus, of the Kingdom, 1Cor 15:50, Rom 8:17, Rev 5:9,10, 14:1-5, 20:3-7.
Most likely the first one would be one of the APOSTLES. This is because it was only after Jesus died that the way was opened to go to heaven. The first ones were on the day of Pentecost of 33CE. Probably all the apostles were admitted at the same time. Later the full number of 144,000 would be filled by both Jews and Gentiles who became believers, Matt 11:11-13, Luke 16:16, Heb 9:8.