• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can the Christian god be all moral, Or even at all moral?

Scott1

Aqualung said:
First of all, God killed the people by using an army
For the record... here's one Christian that thinks God didn't kill people using an army.... I can't believe anyone would worship such a God.:eek:

Oh well... to each his own.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not sinning in my sense of the word but in a religious sense.
You sin the God's sense of the word, as in you miss the mark He set for humanity.

Who says a white lie is sinful? Most white lies are to avoid upset. eg. you don't tell a pregnant woman she's fat when she asks, you say she looks great to make her feels good about herself(what is sinful about that?)
"Let you yea mean yea and your nay mean nay." There was no exceptive clause involved.

the OT Law?
The Old Testament Law.

Ok, after you said i was condemned because of my sin you said I would not need to ask for forgiveness.
Huh? You do need to ask forgiveness. Unless of course you are perfect.

I do not believe in the existence of God, any god, to ask forgiveness from.
Good for you.

The only sin you know i commit is not believing in the existence of God, which is exactly what you said i am not condemned for.
I have a very firm belief that you have committed others.

This is why i assumed you meant the sin passed on from Adam and Eve.
Nope, I meant your sins.

pandamonk

Mister Emu said:
I have a very firm belief that you have committed others.
But you do not know me! You keep saying about my sins, yet you do not, no, cannot know if I do sin. You are assuming that because you sin(i know i am also making an assumption)everyone else must sin. What sins are you assuming i commit?

pandamonk

Ok, so now to the moral argument for Satanism. In the first post i showed how God is shown to be greatly immoral (with what we should all consider "our" moral principles) in the Bible. But throughout the bible "Satan is guilty of just three main misdemeanors.
First, according to a passage which sets the moral tone of the Bible, Satan -in the guise of a serpent- tempts Eve with the forbidden fruit of moral enlightenment, fruit from what is described as 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil.' One might have thought it a good thing for Satan thus to start her on the path to moral education. But God didn't want her eyes to be 'opened,' as Gen.3:5 puts it; he wanted blind obedience. And so God responds in typical fashion. Not only does he punish Eve for an act that she didn't know was wrong until after she'd performed it. He also punishes Adam, and all their descendants, including you and me. He imposes on us all the burden of what theologians call Original Sin: he sees to it that none of us can start life with a clean slate.
Satan appears next in 1 Chronicles where he plays the very same role that was assigned to God in 2 Samuel. So wherein lies his wrong this time? If it is good enough for God to order David's census-taking, can it be evil for Satan to do so?
Satan's third appearance is in the book of Job where he makes life difficult for God's protege. But that, it should be noted, is only because God had issued him a challenge to do so.
Thereafter, Satan does almost nothing of a dubious nature except for tempting God himself, in the person of Jesus, during his forty days in the desert-an exercise doomed to futility. What is remarkable, in light of the bad press Satan has subsequently suffered, is that Satan, unlike God, doesn't violate a single one of the important moral principles"1 through 5.

(quote taken from pages 141-142 of "The Impossibility of God")

Aqualung

Tasty
Okay, I'm resurfacing this thread in case Meesheltx would rather debate in here. I didn't want to say essentially the same thing again, since it's all in here... If you would like to debate me about this matter, I would rather do it in here, but if not, oh well.