• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone explain the Trinity please...

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
john 5:18, RS: “This was why the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the sabbath but also called God his Father, making himself equal with God.”
It was the unbelieving Jews who reasoned that Jesus was attempting to make himself equal with God by claiming God as his Father. While properly referring to God as his Father, Jesus never claimed equality with God.
The Lord Jesus emphasized that equality in the following verses 19-24. Please read and understand:

Jn 5:19 "Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." That's equality.

Jn 5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

Jn 5:21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it." That's equality.

Jn 5:22 "Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son," That's equality.

Jn 5:23 "that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him." That's equality.

Jn 5:24 “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Who gives life but God, and He gave this equally to the Lord Jesus. That’s equality..

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
What is not understood amongst antitrinitarians is that YHWH and His Son Jesus are ONE. They are a unit.

1. The Lord God the almighty and the lamb are its temple: ONE temple.

2. The Lord God almighty and the lamb shine as ONE light not two. ONE light.

2. THE throne of God and of the lamb. ONE throne. THE throne.

3. HIS bondservants will serve HIM. HIM, HIS is singular, ONE. God Almighty and the lamb are ONE.

4. HIS bondservants will SERVE HIM, not them. Yet we are told in Luke 4:8, "HIM only shalt thou serve."

5. They will see HIS face. Singular. Both are in the throne, yet only ONE face is seen.

6. HIS NAME shall be on their foreheads. ONE NAME. Rev. 14 uses both names. Here it is ONE name, emphasizing the two are ONE.

7. THEY will reign forever and ever.

8. God and Christ are ONE. Rev. 20:6 "...they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years." HIM is ONE, SINGULAR

Revelation 21:22
"I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." ...

Revelation 22:1-5

"Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever."

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
The Lord Jesus emphasized that equality in the following verses 19-24. Please read and understand:

Jn 5:19 "Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." That's equality.

Jn 5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

Jn 5:21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it." That's equality.

Jn 5:22 "Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son," That's equality.

Jn 5:23 "that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him." That's equality.

Jn 5:24 “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Who gives life but God, and He gave this equally to the Lord Jesus. That’s equality..
Excellent post!

Who but Almighty God could calm the sea, forgive sins and raise the dead? JESUS! That's equality.

Is there anything God could do that Jesus couldn't do? No! That's equality.

Jesus is God! He is eternally equal in every way to the Father! He simply became a man so He could die for our sins, but He never stopped being God!

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Actually, no. Do you know of any humans that see what the Father is doing?
Only Christ and His followers.

Jn 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

the Son can do nothing by Himself” means that the Lord Jesus does not act apart from the Father's will and purpose. We read this assertion by the Lord Jesus continually in the gospel of John.

Jn 4:34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 5:30; John 8:28; John 12:50; John 15:10

But read those people who do what they wanted to do apart from the God/Father’s will.

Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works?

“did we not prophesy by thy name” Speaking of prophesying. Who prophesied the end of the world so many times and failed? JW

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those who “prophesy by thy name” and do “mighty works –V22” the Lord Jesus will declare at the end “I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity”.

So, all these wanna be prophets then and today are nothing but “false prophets” in “sheep’s clothing –Matt 7:15”.

Paul warned the Ephesians about these false prophets in Acts 20:28-30. “After I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock”

He was called good teacher in that scenario not just good. Good teacher. Good shepherd. All the same. Or maybe the man asking the question knew that Jesus was God and Jesus was affirming the man's opinion
No.Jesus is not God.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
No.Jesus is not God.
What do you do with Rev. 22:1-5? According to the passage, God and the lamb are one.

1. The Lord God the almighty and the lamb are its temple: ONE temple.

2. The Lord God almighty and the lamb shine as ONE light not two. ONE light.

3. THE throne of God and of the lamb. ONE throne. THE throne.

4. HIS bondservants will serve HIM. HIM, HIS is singular, ONE. God Almighty and the lamb are ONE.

5. HIS bondservants will SERVE HIM, not them. Yet we are told in Luke 4:8, "HIM only shalt thou serve."

6. They will see HIS face. Singular. Both are in the throne, yet only ONE face is seen.

7. HIS NAME shall be on their foreheads. ONE NAME. Rev. 14 uses both names. Here it is ONE name, emphasizing the two are ONE.

8. THEY will reign forever and ever.

9. God and Christ are ONE. Rev. 20:6 "...they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years." HIM is ONE, SINGULAR

Revelation 21:22
"I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." ...

Revelation 22:1-5

"Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever."

Last edited:

cataway

try as you will ,there is nothing in scripture that makes Jesus God or equal to God . Jesus is a servant of the God. always has been always will be .

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
try as you will ,there is nothing in scripture that makes Jesus God or equal to God . Jesus is a servant of the God. always has been always will be .
And you saying so doesn't make it true. You give opinions but no Scripture. JMC2 gave you all sorts of Scriptures showing the equality of God and Jesus, and you blew them off. Instead, you come back with your opinion....no Scriptural proof of anything. You ask everyone else questions but ignore others' questions. You claim Jesus is not God? Then how about proving your claim with Scripture.

cataway

I don't care what bible you report to use ,what your talking is not in any of them. like it or not Jesus is a servant of Jehovah God . a servant is not equal to his master

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I don't care what bible you report to use ,what your talking is not in any of them. like it or not Jesus is a servant of Jehovah God . a servant is not equal to his master
Where is your Scriptural proof? Do you think so highly of yourself that you don't need to use Scriptures?

Other people have spent hours providing you with answers to all of your question and giving you lots of supporting Scripture. And your response is to tell them they're wrong? How about you putting some time and effort into your posts? It's time you start proving your claims.

moorea944

That only applies to your custom written NWT bible that nobody else uses.
And you saying so doesn't make it true. You give opinions but no Scripture. JMC2 gave you all sorts of Scriptures showing the equality of God and Jesus, and you blew them off. Instead, you come back with your opinion....no Scriptural proof of anything. You ask everyone else questions but ignore others' questions. You claim Jesus is not God? Then how about proving your claim with Scripture.
It's not he that has to give proof, it is you. And that is something that trinitarians cannot do. Because it is not in scripture. Trinity is not only not in the bible, it is man made. Probably around 324AD. There are no verses at all that show Jesus is God or co-equal. Not one. "Those verses" are taken out of context, to make fit into your beliefs. There is only one God, Yahweh. "Hear O Israel, the Lord YOUR God, is one". Let's not make three out of one.

cataway

Where is your Scriptural proof? Do you think so highly of yourself that you don't need to use Scriptures?

Other people have spent hours providing you with answers to all of your question and giving you lots of supporting Scripture. And your response is to tell them they're wrong? How about you putting some time and effort into your posts? It's time you start proving your claims.
I have noted in your past post's that you have given little attention to scripture ,regardless of what it does say. it would seem you would rather subvert scripture into saying what you want it to say . for instance scripture does say Jesus is the son of God, not once but many times , but you ignore that and say he is the father . no one can father them self . sorry but regardless of who it is it cant be done.

is Jesus a servant of his God ? yes

matthew 12:
18Look! My servant whom I chose, my beloved, whom my soul approved! I will put my spirit upon him, and what justice is he will make clear to the nations. 19 He will not wrangle, nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the broad ways. 20 No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering flaxen wick will he extinguish, until he sends out justice with success. 21 Indeed, in his name nations will hope.”

Acts 3:13The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you, for your part, delivered up and disowned before Pilate’s face, when he had decided to release him.

Acts 3:26

26 To YOU first God, after raising up his Servant, sent him forth to bless YOU by turning each one away from YOUR wicked deeds.”

like or not Jesus is a servant

John 13:16 Most truly I say to you, A slave is not greater than his master, nor is one that is sent forth greater than the one that sent him

Wharton

It's not he that has to give proof, it is you. And that is something that trinitarians cannot do. Because it is not in scripture. Trinity is not only not in the bible, it is man made. Probably around 324AD. There are no verses at all that show Jesus is God or co-equal. Not one. "Those verses" are taken out of context, to make fit into your beliefs. There is only one God, Yahweh. "Hear O Israel, the Lord YOUR God, is one". Let's not make three out of one.
324AD? Ah, no. If you believe that Constantine had anything to do with early Christian belief that Jesus was God, you're mistaken.