• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone explain the Trinity please...

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Jesus even says in his own words "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.(Luke 18:19) (NIV bible)

If Jesus calls only God good and not himself,what makes you think he would allow himself to be worshipped? The holy scriptures makes it very clear that only God the Almighty is to be worshipped.
  • Jehovah God the Almighty requires exclusive devotion.Those who bow before Jesus Christ are doing so to show obeisance.When they bow before God the Almighty they do so to worship.Jesus deserves obeisance because he sits at the right hand of God.

Here is something from a website.

"Is Jesus worthy of such obeisance? Most decidedly, yes! In his letter to the Hebrews, the apostle Paul explains that as the “heir of all things,” Jesus has “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places.” (Hebrews 1:2-4) Thus, “in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground, and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:10,11."

Is It Proper to Worship Jesus? — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

Another thing.Jesus himself fell with his face to the ground and worshipped and prayed to God the Almighty.Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." (NIV bible)

Jesus worships and prays to God the Almighty.Jesus is not worshipped.
None of what you stated disproves Revelation 5, that Jesus was worshiped.

You have just done what all JW's do. You did not address my post and the points I made. Instead, you shifted the focus away from Revelation 5, rather than deal with it.

You have not dealt with Revelation
5 where I showed you that God and the lamb together are given worship in verse 13. Also in verse 8, the four living creatures and twenty-four elders fell down before the lamb. Why do you think they fell down? They were worshiping the lamb.

How about disproving what is plainly stated in Revelation 5?

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Notice Jesus did not correct them.
Exactly. The Lord Jesus Christ was not offering a false claim. The Lord Jesus Christ was merely asserting what He was by right, and that is, The Son of God, thus making Him equal with God.

According to the Jews understanding at that time frame, and NOT today’s interpretations and understandings, “calling God His own Father” is like “making Himself equal with God” and that is blasphemy according to the Jews understanding of the Law of Moses at that time frame.

Jn 5:18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
We do not have to learn Greek to know God's Truth. You are proof that learning another language will not help.

When I gave scripture that says Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit, and that God pours out the Holy Spirit by the Holy Spirit...do you think those are the only scriptures I have that say that?

You are trying to change the written Word of God, but you cannot. You are trying to use Greek to change what the scriptures say.
How do you understand this verse without understanding the Greek language?

Mt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery.

You have just done what all JW's do. You did not address my post and the points I made. Instead, you shifted the focus away from Revelation 5, rather than deal with it.

5 where I showed you that God and the lamb together are given worship in verse 13. Also in verse 8, the four living creatures and twenty-four elders fell down before the lamb. Why do you think they fell down? They were worshiping the lamb.

I am not trying to disprove anything.I was merely explaining.

It is very clear that Jesus is the Son of God the Almighty and only God is to be worshipped.Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness.Satan wanted Jesus to worship him.Jesus refused.Instead Jesus told satan that it is God only that should be worshipped.

Matthew 4:8-11. 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” (NIV)

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.(NIV)

Notice too that the holy scriptures mentions that God can not be tempted by evil.
James 1:13 (NIV)
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

So these two passages explain how Jesus is not God and how Jesus refused satan's tempts.
Jesus clearly told satan only God is to be worshipped and served.

It doesn't get anymore clearer than this here.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

In this passage we are being told that there is only one God and Jesus is not Him.It is saying that Jesus is a mediator, and a man.God the Almighty is no mediator,and He is definitely not a man.Jesus mediates between mankind and God.Those who worship God the Almighty must come through the Son.

John 4:16 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(NIV)

Good=Good

It is very obvious Jesus means something else.If he is God why would he say he is not good? That makes no sense at all.What he was saying is that God is the one who deserves all the glory and God the Almighty is Good.Of course Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd.There is no contradiction.When Jesus is called the Good Shepherd it means he is good.When Jesus says "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." he is making a distinction between he and God the Almighty.Jesus is saying that God is great and everything is because of God and not Jesus.Jesus' power comes from God by way of the holy spirit.Without God Jesus can not do anything.
This is the reason Jesus says,"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.(NIV)

cataway

Breaking the Sabbath in not punishable by stoning or death, blasphemy is. Was He really breaking the Sabbath? No! Not at all.
are you saying he was breaking the Sabbath ?

john 5:18, RS: “This was why the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the sabbath but also called God his Father, making himself equal with God.”

It was the unbelieving Jews who reasoned that Jesus was attempting to make himself equal with God by claiming God as his Father. While properly referring to God as his Father, Jesus never claimed equality with God. He straightforwardly answered the Jews: “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing.” It was those unbelieving Jews, too, who claimed that Jesus broke the Sabbath, but they were wrong also about that. Jesus kept the Law perfectly, and he declared: “It is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

Wharton

When Jesus says "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." he is making a distinction between he and God the Almighty.Jesus is saying that God is great and everything is because of God and not Jesus.Jesus' power comes from God by way of the holy spirit.Without God Jesus can not do anything.
This is the reason Jesus says,"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."
He was called good teacher in that scenario not just good. Good teacher. Good shepherd. All the same. Or maybe the man asking the question knew that Jesus was God and Jesus was affirming the man's opinion

Wharton

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.(NIV)
Kind of trinity like, huh? They move in unison as equals.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
It is very clear that Jesus is the Son of God the Almighty and only God is to be worshipped.Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness.Satan wanted Jesus to worship him.Jesus refused.Instead Jesus told satan that it is God only that should be worshipped.

Matthew 4:8-11. 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” (NIV)

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.(NIV)

Notice too that the holy scriptures mentions that God can not be tempted by evil.
James 1:13 (NIV)
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

So these two passages explain how Jesus is not God and how Jesus refused satan's tempts.
Jesus clearly told satan only God is to be worshipped and served.

It doesn't get anymore clearer than this here.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

In this passage we are being told that there is only one God and Jesus is not Him.It is saying that Jesus is a mediator, and a man.God the Almighty is no mediator,and He is definitely not a man.Jesus mediates between mankind and God.Those who worship God the Almighty must come through the Son.

John 4:16 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(NIV)
Are you denying that Jesus was worshiped in Revelation 5:13, right alongside God? If so then please prove that He was not. The passage plainly states He was.