• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Muslims take women as slaves and then rape them?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yes. Islam means peace. But when Muslims came under aggression, they were allowed to fight back. This happened in Madina. The verses you say are violent are talking about self defending not attacking and transgressing( And do not offend, Indeed God doesn't like offenders) (If they resorted to peace, resort to peace) (God doses`t prevent you from being fair and dealing amicably with the Non-Muslim if they are not fighting you or driving you out of your houses) (Noble Quran addressing Mohammed and Muslims). Please pick a single verse supporting what you are saying

I'm trying to see how raiding caravans as a defensive move,that was just the beginning,he was the new kid on the block so to speak,3 sieges later and Medina was his.

Baroodi

I'm trying to see how raiding caravans as a defensive move,that was just the beginning,he was the new kid on the block so to speak,3 sieges later and Medina was his.

:)

You see it as attacking Caravan. 1) The attackers were Mecca citizens born and upraised there. They were obliged to leave their homes leaving behind every thing including all assets (trades, gardens, livestock) which were confiscated by the infidels. This raid meant to take small bit of what was left behind
2) God salvaged the Caravan for something else more important, driving both sides to the first battle in Islam in which 300 fighters with no enough rig, by God blessings conquered about 1000 well armed fighters. Men went out to cut the road for a caravan met with army prepared for war. In this battle the heads of the infidels were killed and Muslims got the confidence and the upper hands instead of being fugitives and oppressed.
3) drying the sources of financial abilities is one of war weapons

sooda

Veteran Member
He did that for sure and after 3 sieges Medina was his,that's a different kind of arbitration to what we understand it these days.

A delegation from Medina, consisting of the representatives of the twelve important clans of Medina, invited Muhammad as a neutral outsider to serve as the chief arbitrator for the entire community. There was fighting in Yathrib (Medina) mainly involving its Arab and Jewish inhabitants for around a hundred years before 620.
Flight from Mecca to Medina | World Civilization
courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-hccc-worldcivilization/chapter/flight-from-mecca-to-medina/

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
:)

You see it as attacking Caravan. 1) The attackers were Mecca citizens born and upraised there. They were obliged to leave their homes leaving behind every thing including all assets (trades, gardens, livestock) which were confiscated by the infidels. This raid meant to take small bit of what was left behind
2) God salvaged the Caravan for something else more important, driving both sides to the first battle in Islam in which 300 fighters with no enough rig, by God blessings conquered about 1000 well armed fighters. Men went out to cut the road for a caravan met with army prepared for war. In this battle the heads of the infidels were killed and Muslims got the confidence and the upper hands instead of being fugitives and oppressed.
3) drying the sources of financial abilities is one of war weapons

1 correct I see it as caravan raiding because,well it is.

2 outside the context of heavenly intervention it all makes sense.

3 absolutely

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Jewish Tribes at Medina.

The Jews had a very rich and flourishing settlement at Yathrib and built strongholds in the city and vicinity. The principal families were the Banu Ḳainuḳa', the Banu Ḳuraiẓa, and the Banu al-Naḍir. The latter two were known as the "Al-Kahinan," because they traced their descent from Aaron. In the fourth century Arab tribes from Yemen began to encroach upon the Jews in Medina. They were divided into two clans, the Banu Aus andthe Banu Khazraj. By calling in outside assistance and treacherously massacring at a banquet the principal Jews, these Arab clans finally gained the upper hand at Medina toward the end of the fifth century (for date see "J. Q. R." vii. 175, note). From this time the Jews retired into the background for about a century. About four or five years before the Hegira the Jews took an active part in the battle of Bu'ath between the Banu Aus and the Banu Khazraj. The Banu Naḍir and the Banu Ḳuraiẓa fought with the Banu Aus, while the Banu Ḳainuḳa' were allied with the Banu Khazraj. The latter were defeated after a long and desperate battle.

MEDINA - JewishEncyclopedia.com

sooda

Veteran Member
Jewish Tribes at Medina.

The Jews had a very rich and flourishing settlement at Yathrib and built strongholds in the city and vicinity. The principal families were the Banu Ḳainuḳa', the Banu Ḳuraiẓa, and the Banu al-Naḍir. The latter two were known as the "Al-Kahinan," because they traced their descent from Aaron. In the fourth century Arab tribes from Yemen began to encroach upon the Jews in Medina. They were divided into two clans, the Banu Aus andthe Banu Khazraj. By calling in outside assistance and treacherously massacring at a banquet the principal Jews, these Arab clans finally gained the upper hand at Medina toward the end of the fifth century (for date see "J. Q. R." vii. 175, note). From this time the Jews retired into the background for about a century. About four or five years before the Hegira the Jews took an active part in the battle of Bu'ath between the Banu Aus and the Banu Khazraj. The Banu Naḍir and the Banu Ḳuraiẓa fought with the Banu Aus, while the Banu Ḳainuḳa' were allied with the Banu Khazraj. The latter were defeated after a long and desperate battle.

MEDINA - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Nothing about the burning of the Nestorian Christians of Najran?

There was fighting in Yathrib (Medina) mainly involving its Arab and Jewish inhabitants for around a hundred years before 620.
courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-hccc-worldcivilization/chapter/flight-from-mecca-to-medina/

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Nothing about the burning of the Nestorian Christians of Najran?

There was fighting in Yathrib (Medina) mainly involving its Arab and Jewish inhabitants for around a hundred years before 620.

Yes there was fighting in yathrib before Muhammed.

Mohammed's Attitude Toward Jews of Medina.

It is probable that the presence of Jews in Medina did much to prepare the way for Mohammed's teaching. When the prophet first went to Medina he was inclined to be friendly toward the Jews. They were included in the treaty between him and the inhabitants of Medina. He also made certain concessions to them on the ground of religion, and adopted their ḳiblah—Jerusalem—in the hope of winning them to his cause. They, however, ridiculed him, and delighted in drawing him into arguments to expose his ignorance; so that his conciliatory attitude was soon changed to enmity. A few Jews were converted to Islam, among them Abdallah ibn Salam, whom Mohammed called the "servant of God," and of whose conversion the prophet made much.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Asma, said by some to be a Jewess, wrote satirical verses, and was killed in her sleep, probably with Mohammed's consent. Not long before, Abu 'Afak of the Banu Amr, who had been converted to Judaism, had been assassinated for having displeased Mohammed by writing verses ridiculing the new religion. Mohammed then seems to have decided to get rid of the Jews in a body, since they were a constant menace to his cause. He began with the Banu Ḳainuḳa', who were goldsmiths, and lived by themselves in a fortified suburb. He first summoned them to accept his religion, and they refused. Soon a pretext was found for an open attack. A Moslem girl was insulted by a Jew of the Banu Ḳainuḳa'; the Jew was killed by a Moslem, and the latter in turn was killed by the brothers of the murdered Jew. Mohammed immediately marched against the Banu Ḳainuḳa' and besieged them in their stronghold. After a siege of fifteen days they surrendered, and their lives were spared only at the urgent request of Abdallah ibn Ubai, the influential leader of the Arab opposition, whose pleading Mohammed dared not ignore. Being allowed to leave the country, they emigrated toward the north. Their departure weakened the Jews, who if they had been united might have withstood Mohammed's attacks.

Baroodi

Asma, said by some to be a Jewess, wrote satirical verses, and was killed in her sleep, probably with Mohammed's consent. Not long before, Abu 'Afak of the Banu Amr, who had been converted to Judaism, had been assassinated for having displeased Mohammed by writing verses ridiculing the new religion. Mohammed then seems to have decided to get rid of the Jews in a body, since they were a constant menace to his cause. He began with the Banu Ḳainuḳa', who were goldsmiths, and lived by themselves in a fortified suburb. He first summoned them to accept his religion, and they refused. Soon a pretext was found for an open attack. A Moslem girl was insulted by a Jew of the Banu Ḳainuḳa'; the Jew was killed by a Moslem, and the latter in turn was killed by the brothers of the murdered Jew. Mohammed immediately marched against the Banu Ḳainuḳa' and besieged them in their stronghold. After a siege of fifteen days they surrendered, and their lives were spared only at the urgent request of Abdallah ibn Ubai, the influential leader of the Arab opposition, whose pleading Mohammed dared not ignore. Being allowed to leave the country, they emigrated toward the north. Their departure weakened the Jews, who if they had been united might have withstood Mohammed's attacks.

If the facts were as you are saying then what was preventing Mohammed from nibbling in the bud. peaceful Jews were left to live in peace. Now in Every Arabic country there are known Jewish families living update. Every one want to write history in his own words. As Muslims we follow Quran which tells us how to deal with every thing including lifeless materials in this world (O Ye who believe, stand out firmly for God as witnesses to fair dealing. Do not let the the bad acts from some folks to swerve you to injustice, be just this is nearer to piety and fear God, God is well acquainted with all that ye do) Quran 4:8

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
If the facts were as you are saying then what was preventing Mohammed from nibbling in the bud. peaceful Jews were left to live in peace. Now in Every Arabic country there are known Jewish families living update. Every one want to write history in his own words. As Muslims we follow Quran which tells us how to deal with every thing including lifeless materials in this world (O Ye who believe, stand out firmly for God as witnesses to fair dealing. Do not let the the bad acts from some folks to swerve you to injustice, be just this is nearer to piety and fear God, God is well acquainted with all that ye do) Quran 4:8

You have one book,I have many,I'm only interested in the history,I don't believe what you Christians or Jews believe so my perspective is different to yours and theirs.

Baroodi

You have one book,I have many,I'm only interested in the history,I don't believe what you Christians or Jews believe so my perspective is different to yours and theirs.

:confused::)
This is contradictory. You should judge any one by the doctrine in which he or she believes to be fair. Resorting to history written be foes is not fair. My book proofed its divinity what are the sources of your so many diverse books?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
:confused::)
This is contradictory. You should judge any one by the doctrine in which he or she believes to be fair. Resorting to history written be foes is not fair. My book proofed its divinity what are the sources of your so many diverse books?

All books are written by someone,the divinity of supposed sacred texts are left to the believers,not so much for history,there is no proof in any of the books of faith.

Notanumber

A Free Man
As I was saying.

This report makes uncomfortable reading. It shows that the wide scale cover up was authorised by the UK Government.