• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Males and Females truly share the same religion?

Can males and females truly share the same religion?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derp

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If one is of the mind that males and females of the same species are so incredibly different that they'd need different religions, that represents some pretty substantial sexism.

Keep in mind there are languages in which men and women speak differently... different vocabulary, different grammar and syntax, different intonation. Off the top of my head, Japanese is one such language. I’ll have to look up some others.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for the clarification.
You are most welcome.

I realize the OP may seem sexist but its not intended to. I don't think anyone would read the thread and walk away thinking that sexism was the new way of things. I think that there is prejudice in society. That is not something I'm ignoring. People can be pigeonholed into roles by the assumptions of society. That happens.

Through this argument I am doing some investigating. I won't be back after today until the end of the month. I thought I should get this post in and not leave you hanging.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
If you wanted to have a very robust religion don't you think that it would really need to be 2 religions one for males and one for females? Poll: Yes/No ? Think about the relationships between men and women. They don't communicate the same way. They read everything differently. Some people (probably many people) give up on trying to be understood by the other sex. Some never try. Male and female seem to have different interests, a different focus, a different set of problems. Can they truly share the same religion? It seems more like they must have different religions.

I suppose that if a religion were very limited then they could share it, but I'm not talking about just sitting in a park feeding the birds. I'm talking about lifelong commitment and practice and about the ways men and women perceive things differently, grow up differently, choose different activities and have different responsibilities.

Even if you disagree, consider what if the answer were yes? Would this change the way you do things?
Just trying to find room for imagination and reflection

Example: All creatures on Earth benefit from the sun's unique behavior, which does not change.
The difference is in how we benefit according to our needs and capabilities

exchemist

Veteran Member
If you wanted to have a very robust religion don't you think that it would really need to be 2 religions one for males and one for females? Poll: Yes/No ? Think about the relationships between men and women. They don't communicate the same way. They read everything differently. Some people (probably many people) give up on trying to be understood by the other sex. Some never try. Male and female seem to have different interests, a different focus, a different set of problems. Can they truly share the same religion? It seems more like they must have different religions.

I suppose that if a religion were very limited then they could share it, but I'm not talking about just sitting in a park feeding the birds. I'm talking about lifelong commitment and practice and about the ways men and women perceive things differently, grow up differently, choose different activities and have different responsibilities.

Even if you disagree, consider what if the answer were yes? Would this change the way you do things?
This seems a fairly barren idea to me. My experience of women provides no evidence for the idea that they communicate or perceive things differently from men, in any fundamental way. The sole reliable différence I have been able to detect is their lack of the macho s**thead tendency that men suffer from, and their impatience with it when it gets in the way.

Since religion often asks the believer to set ego aside, women may have something of a head start in that respect. But that’s about all.